Confused

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Because multibox is allowed in game. Some people have multiple accounts. There's even a toggle in the launcher for running multiple instances of the game at the same time.

somenewnoob

I really need to use Dungeon helper. I usually leave my bots if there is a ride through the wild to a quest, unless its super short.

Anybody used it? Is it hard to configure to have a bot follow you through the wild?

vryxnr

Dungeon Helper / Awesome-AF auto follow is really easy to use, and it's free. I do multibox, but I don't use it, because the way it achieves it's auto-follow is, imo, a grey area of the ToS. In the past devs have said that so long as someone is there at the keyboard, it's all good. DH/AAF lets you select a target to follow, then you can walk away and it'll follow them with you not needing to be at the keyboard (yes, you can follow someone else, a random person, who is not you, with it).

If I were to use multiboxing software, I'd personally use something like ISBoxer, which uses a shared keyboard to control multiple characters at once, which means you're always there at your keybaord. Unfortunately, ISBoxer is not free. So for the time being, I just move all of my alternate selves around one at a time (or two at a time as I run some on my PC and some on a laptop beside me, so it's possible to press WASD on both as I have two hands)... but afaik most others who box in this game us DH/AAF.

Last edited:

vryxnr

A tip for those who do not use software to help with boxing, for long quests and/or long wilderness runs, you can get several pieces of uncleansed greensteel items to swap in, which will eventually kill the character wearing them. You can then carry the soulstones to the chests you want looted / far away quest entrances, and rez them as needed.

Just remember to remove the GS items the moment you rez, else they'll kill you again.

Or be patient and accepting of the fact you gotta move multiple characters around one/two at a time.

... or use software to help.

somenewnoob

A tip for those who do not use software to help with boxing, for long quests and/or long wilderness runs, you can get several pieces of uncleansed greensteel items to swap in, which will eventually kill the character wearing them. You can then carry the soulstones to the chests you want looted / far away quest entrances, and rez them as needed.

Just remember to remove the GS items the moment you rez, else they'll kill you again.

Or be patient and accepting of the fact you gotta move multiple characters around one/two at a time.

... or use software to help.

One of the reasons my bots are named "Soalstone" :p
(Soulstone was taken already)

twilight

Sev stated in one of the livestreams that you should not be using a third-party app to control your alt accounts.
If so, it would be nice for an official announcement. Morrikan had prior approval from Cordovan before releasing Awesome AF (should still be on forums-old).

Altra

Could someone explain to me how six members of the same guild do exactly the same thing and follow very closely

Someone with multiple accounts using the Dungeon Helper app.
We're not 6 accounts, but my game confidence is so very low that I take every step my husband does. (Took me over a year of playing almost every weekend to finally reliably find the rusty nail tavern) I'm pretty sure players have thought I'm an alt. 😒
Just for a different take on it.