DC's borked on Legendary Elders Cap?

Geezer

Legendary Elders cap has +6 dc to enchantment spells on it. Legendary Elders necklace has +6 Illusion dc on it. When I remove the Elders cap, my ILLUSION dc goes down by 6, and my enchantment dc remains the same. I also have the Walking ancestors cloak equipped which has +5 spell focus mastery and +3 insightful spell focus mastery equipped, if that makes a difference somehow. Methinks something's totally wrong here. The elders set bonus has nothing to do with dc's, just spell crit bonus. What the heck is going on?

seph1roth5

Did you have an enchantment augment in another piece of gear? Also, you can turn on effects in a chat window (I THINK that's the right one) and when you put on a piece of gear that clashes with another it'll specifically tell you what's not stacking.

Geezer

No, I dont have an enchantment augment in anything. The problem is when I try to replace the helm with something else, my illusion dcs tank and I cant hold much of anything with greater color spray. If I leave the helm on, i can hold most trash. I think theres simply some kind of wierd bug going on here. Theres no way that removing an item with enchant dc's should lower illusion dc's instead

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I just tried this now on a non-caster, and the Greater Color Spray effect did not change it's DC after removal of the helm.

Tried with the Walkers Ancestors Shroud Cloak on as well. There was nothing wrong with the DC for Illusion School or Greater Color Spray. The numbers were as expected.

What Class are you? It might be something that's more specific to your setup that might be impacting on things.

J1NG

:: edit ::

Specifically, what if any Augments are in the Helm? Reaper Stat Helm?
Also, whilst my test above shows there's no issue now, as I only went and crafted them just now as required for testing, this won't cover items that were created previously that might have had a different effect set. So this test I did can only prove that the current (and hopefully future) ones are not impacted by this same issue you have experienced.

Last edited:

J1NG

What specific spells are you seeing this on? Or the is it the + tab info?
During my tests with the (just now) crafted Legendary items, the + Tab info changed as expected. SLA changed as expected. So if there's an issue, it might be from a legacy change that happened before it was corrected for newly created ones. Or, as you surmised, OP is accidentally looking at the wrong Spell (several effects have the same Spell Icon after all - which is an easy mistake to make).

J1NG

rabidfox

The People's Champion
During my tests with the (just now) crafted Legendary items, the + Tab info changed as expected. SLA changed as expected. So if there's an issue, it might be from a legacy change that happened before it was corrected for newly created ones. Or, as you surmised, OP is accidentally looking at the wrong Spell (several effects have the same Spell Icon after all - which is an easy mistake to make).

J1NG
Yeah, the 6 DC jump they're noticing could align with a spell being affected by INT (as +13 would be a 6 DC difference); so it would be nice to hear what they're seeing these results on.

J1NG

Yeah, the 6 DC jump they're noticing could align with a spell being affected by INT (as +13 would be a 6 DC difference); so it would be nice to hear what they're seeing these results on.
Agree. The one thing that I can think might be happening, is if OP's caster is also a Deep Gnome with the Racial version of Greater Color Spray being accidentally in slot and changing, since that one is Int based vs the one from Feydark Illusionist.

J1NG

Geezer

My Character is a level 32 Bard Spellsinger. Im not an uber player, just trying to make myself better, currently doing Legendary elite quests

Gnome spellsinger (took gnome for greater colorspray as I had the racial points)
I was using the Legendary elders set but my prr was low so I tried replacing the elders cap and my boots with items from the winter feywild set for ins prr.
Elders cap has 13 Int and no aug slotted
Elders necklace has greater illusion aug slotted ( this remained on, I didnt remove it) along with +6 illusion focus
Legendary dusk lenses (no aug slotted)
Legengdary blue raptor feather Fang slot- spell crit
Legendary walking ancestors shroud - no aug - spell focus mastery +5, ins spell focus mastery +3)
Beacon of magic set:
Silverthread belt (ins cha +5 slotted)
Blurfingered gloves (12 con slotted)
Barovian nobles robe (draconic soul gem slotted)

Dino bone bracers - +5 ins con slotted
Dino dagger - +2 exceptional con - meltfang - flamefang
Signet of shavarath (no aug slotted) for force damage and crit
Ring of spring storms (no aug slotted) for sonic and electric damage and crit
Softsole slippers for boots = has 6 ins cha
Replaced elders cap with Crown of snow and softsole slippers with deepsnow boots for prr, no augments slotted in either.

When I removed the elders cap, my colorspray dc dropped by 6 and it was definately noticable in questing, colorspray was pretty much useless anymore. Removing the softsole slippers did nothing as I had a +5 ins cha slotted in the belt and my cha stat was odd previously.

I can see no reason why removing the elders cap which has +6 to enchantment spells would reduce my color spray illusion spell by 6
Beside that, wouldnt the sfm +5 on the walking ancestors shroud pretty much be the same thing? It shouldnt stack

J1NG

Gnome spellsinger (took gnome for greater colorspray as I had the racial points)

When I removed the elders cap, my colorspray dc dropped by 6 and it was definately noticable in questing, colorspray was pretty much useless anymore. Removing the softsole slippers did nothing as I had a +5 ins cha slotted in the belt and my cha stat was odd previously.

I can see no reason why removing the elders cap which has +6 to enchantment spells would reduce my color spray illusion spell by 6
Beside that, wouldnt the sfm +5 on the walking ancestors shroud pretty much be the same thing? It shouldnt stack

The key thing we need answered now is:

You have stated that you have the Gnome Greater Color Spray, can I ask if you have the Feydark Illusionist one as well? And the Greater Color Spray you are seeing the DC drop on when removing the cap, is that the Gnome version one, or the Feydark Illusionist one that you see this on?

Because the Gnome one is Int based for DC (which will correspond to the 13 Intelligence stat drop by removing the Cap).

Whilst the Feydark Illusionist one is the highest one of Int/Wis/Cha. This one should not change. Whilst the Gnome one would change, as you've just lost 13 Intelligence, which is 6 modifier, or 6 DC in that case.

Can you confirm which one you are seeing the issue on?

J1NG

Geezer

Aha! I took Gnome to get GCS as I had the racial points and didn't have to waste points in the Feydark tree, I could use them in the Stormsinger tree instead. Apparently I didnt read the fine print in the Gnome tree about it being Int based. I assumed that it was the same as the Feydark tree which uses the higher of Int, Cha, or Wis dc. Thanks, now I REALLY feel stupid! Thanks again. I'll just beef up my Int stat as much as I can.