DDO Character Planner - DDOBuilder Version 2

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Excellent!

Haven't worked through all the AC armor/shields/enhancements interactions, but noticed the following.

Dex Bonus isn't correct? e.g. if have 3 ranks Stalwart Defender: Stalwart Shield Mastery, and equipped tower shield with MDB of 2, then MDB should be 5 (in-game), but builder is reporting cap at 3 under Max Dex Bonus/Tower Shield MDB (doesn't seem to account for tower shield base MDB)

Also, is the Shield+Enhancement number correct? Seems to be adding values to enhancement that shouldn't apply. Haven't yet tracked down exactly which values are off (compared to in-game report) Also noticed that if only have 1 rank of Stalwart Defender: Stalwart Shield Mastery, then % Shield bonus isn't even calculated or perhaps just not Displayed if value is less than 1, though 5% of 14 (Aegis of Aosu'riel (14)) should be .7 and rounds to 1?
Tower Shields Max Dex bonus has been fixed to apply from the next version.

The Builder is taking into account an Enhancement bonuse's that also may apply to your shield/armor/weapon (e.g. Harper effects that add to the maximum Enhancement bonus of your weapon)

Your 5% AC Shield bonus is indeed not showing as it evaluates to 0 bonus AC at 5%. (You can force these to show with am option in the Development menu)

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Using Build 2.0.0.32, I noticed the following bug with Item Buffs:
  • Fire Lore +22 is missing the % sign
  • Radiance Lore +22% is not providing a +22% Equipment Bonus to Light/Aligment Critical Chance and is instead providing a +22 Equipment Bonus to Light/Alignment Spell power
Both fixed for next release.

Kenaustin

Using Build 2.0.0.32, I noticed the following bugs:
  • Reaper Offense II and VI each provide a +1 to Tactics DCs, which they do not do in game.
  • Level 32 Topaz of Wizardry +294 augment is missing.
  • Legendary Guide to Animal Handling named augment is missing.
  • The following Dinosaur Bone Augments do not have their increased values when placed in an artifact:
    • Fang: Seeker +14 instead of Seeker +15.
    • Fang: Healing Amplification +56 instead of +61.
    • Fang: Negative Healing Amplification +56 instead of +61.
    • Claw: +35 Magical Resistance Rating instead of +38.
  • Legendary Gloves of Tranquility item property Strength of Purpose has a value of 128 instead of -128.
  • Item Buff Strength of Purpose is set as type MovementSpeed instead of Type UnconsciousRange.
  • Rune Lodestone item property Pierce Cold Iron is not functioning and the log reports Feat "Cold Iron" not found.
  • Shiradi Champion: Good Luck states '+{1/2/3] Luck bonus to all Saving Throws and Skills: If you have the Luck of Heroes feat, double this bonus.' However, my archer has this enhancement selected and also has the Luck of Heroes feat and the Breakdown source on all Saving Throws shows the following:
    • Luck of Heroes: Stacks 1, Value 1
    • Non-Stacking Effects:
      • Shiradi Champion: Good Luck and Luck of Heroes: Stacks 6, Value 3
      • Shiradi Champion: Good Luck: Stacks 3, Value 3
  • For the Exalted Angel: Noble Affinity destiny tree enhancement, mousing over the first two options, Flaming Sphere or Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, instantly crashes the Builder. This does not happen when you mouse over the third option, Sun Bolt.

canicus

I'm really sorry if this has been answered already, but why is the past lif=ves and special feats disabled when I add a new life to a character?

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Using Build 2.0.0.32, I noticed the following bugs:
  • Reaper Offense II and VI each provide a +1 to Tactics DCs, which they do not do in game.
  • Level 32 Topaz of Wizardry +294 augment is missing.
  • Legendary Guide to Animal Handling named augment is missing.
  • The following Dinosaur Bone Augments do not have their increased values when placed in an artifact:
    • Fang: Seeker +14 instead of Seeker +15.
    • Fang: Healing Amplification +56 instead of +61.
    • Fang: Negative Healing Amplification +56 instead of +61.
    • Claw: +35 Magical Resistance Rating instead of +38.
  • Legendary Gloves of Tranquility item property Strength of Purpose has a value of 128 instead of -128.
  • Item Buff Strength of Purpose is set as type MovementSpeed instead of Type UnconsciousRange.
  • Rune Lodestone item property Pierce Cold Iron is not functioning and the log reports Feat "Cold Iron" not found.
  • Shiradi Champion: Good Luck states '+{1/2/3] Luck bonus to all Saving Throws and Skills: If you have the Luck of Heroes feat, double this bonus.' However, my archer has this enhancement selected and also has the Luck of Heroes feat and the Breakdown source on all Saving Throws shows the following:
    • Luck of Heroes: Stacks 1, Value 1
    • Non-Stacking Effects:
      • Shiradi Champion: Good Luck and Luck of Heroes: Stacks 6, Value 3
      • Shiradi Champion: Good Luck: Stacks 3, Value 3
  • For the Exalted Angel: Noble Affinity destiny tree enhancement, mousing over the first two options, Flaming Sphere or Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, instantly crashes the Builder. This does not happen when you mouse over the third option, Sun Bolt.
All fixed for next release. There will still be issues with some SLAs UI elements though as I have yet to figure out how to handle Caster Levels for those, (which class applies and which Stat Mod applies?)

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
I'm really sorry if this has been answered already, but why is the past lif=ves and special feats disabled when I add a new life to a character?
Its probably a bug where things are not quite interacting in the right order. you may have to save close and repopen the file to be able to change these for now.

Kalibano

Build Designer. Having fun since 2006!
Hi Maetrim,

It would be great if Legendary Greensteel (edited: Alchemical) crafting options could be added at some point, as they are still useful for some endgame builds.
Currently, you can add a LGS (edited: Leg Alchemical) item, but cannot 'craft' any bonuses on them (at least not on LGS (edited: Leg Alchemical) orbs, which is the item I currently use on 3 caster builds, not tried other items).

Last edited:

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Hi Maetrim,

It would be great if Legendary Greensteel crafting options could be added at some point, as they are still useful for some endgame builds.
Currently, you can add a LGS item, but cannot 'craft' any bonuses on them (at least not on LGS orbs, which is the item I currently use on 3 caster builds, not tried other items).
Hmmm, the page https://ddowiki.com/page/Legendary_Green_Steel_items specificaly says: There is no armor, shield, orb, nor runearm.

Green steel items for all other slots do exist at the moment.

Kalibano

Build Designer. Having fun since 2006!
The Leg Vol's Influence set bonus (Vecna pack) lists +15 Artifact bonus to spell critical damage, but the bonus type should be Legendary, rather than artifact.

Lanta_Nan

Tower Shields Max Dex bonus has been fixed to apply from the next version.

The Builder is taking into account an Enhancement bonuse's that also may apply to your shield/armor/weapon (e.g. Harper effects that add to the maximum Enhancement bonus of your weapon)

Your 5% AC Shield bonus is indeed not showing as it evaluates to 0 bonus AC at 5%. (You can force these to show with am option in the Development menu)

Revisiting this issue. Consider equipping only armor with a toon with no past lives, no enhancements. Builder adds the Armor Bonus, and then also seems to add the Armor Enhancement amount that is shown for the armor. This appears to be double accounting the armor's stated enhancement bonus?

Example:
In-game, only equipped Stinkpelt's Hide: Stated Armor Bonus is 10. (+5 Enhancement Bonus) Base character, dex 8 (-1), AC reported in-game as 19.
DDOBuilder reports AC as 24, 10 is from the stated armor bonus, and then additional 5 which appears to be adding in from the enhancement bonus for Stinkpelt's Hide, and -1 from dex.

I thought in DDO, the stated armor/shield bonus for an item already included the enhancement bonus shown for armor/shields.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Revisiting this issue. Consider equipping only armor with a toon with no past lives, no enhancements. Builder adds the Armor Bonus, and then also seems to add the Armor Enhancement amount that is shown for the armor. This appears to be double accounting the armor's stated enhancement bonus?

Example:
In-game, only equipped Stinkpelt's Hide: Stated Armor Bonus is 10. (+5 Enhancement Bonus) Base character, dex 8 (-1), AC reported in-game as 19.
DDOBuilder reports AC as 24, 10 is from the stated armor bonus, and then additional 5 which appears to be adding in from the enhancement bonus for Stinkpelt's Hide, and -1 from dex.

I thought in DDO, the stated armor/shield bonus for an item already included the enhancement bonus shown for armor/shields.
Its quite possible, I should be able to fix this with a code modification and a re-parse of the wiki files.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
A test of spells forum export

Wild Mage Spells

LevelSpell NameSchoolCL/MCLDCAverage DamageCritical Damage
1Acid SprayEvocation33/2645549 - 1924, Average 13741341 - 4695, Average 3353
1Caustic BoltEvocation33/21N/A824 - 2199, Average 16492012 - 5365, Average 4024
1JumpTransmutationN/AN/AN/AN/A
1NightshieldAbjurationN/AN/AN/AN/A
2InvisibilityIllusionN/AN/AN/AN/A
2Melf's Acid ArrowConjuration33/31N/A149 - 199, Average 183365 - 487, Average 447
2ScorchEvocation23/845227 - 605, Average 454542 - 1447, Average 1085
2WebConjurationN/A48N/AN/A
3Acid BlastConjuration33/31481099 - 2474, Average 19242682 - 6036, Average 4695
3DisplacementIllusionN/AN/AN/AN/A
3FireballEvocation23/1345632 - 1424, Average 11071512 - 3403, Average 2647
3HasteTransmutationN/AN/AN/AN/A
4Acid RainConjuration33/2648274 - 1099, Average 824670 - 2682, Average 2012
4Dimension DoorConjurationN/AN/AN/AN/A
4Phantasmal KillerIllusion26/2630104 - 208, Average 182208 - 416, Average 364
4StoneskinAbjuration26/21N/A572 - 832, Average 7281144 - 1664, Average 1456
5CloudkillConjuration33/3148291 - 374, Average 341711 - 914, Average 833
5Niac's Biting ColdEvocation23/23N/A79 - 112, Average 99182 - 258, Average 227
5Protection from ElementsAbjuration26/16N/A520 - 520, Average 5201040 - 1040, Average 1040
5WildstrikeEvocationN/AN/AN/AN/A
6Acid FogConjuration33/0N/A16 - 99, Average 6640 - 243, Average 162
6Circle of DeathNecromancyN/A48N/AN/A
6Undeath to DeathNecromancyN/A48N/AN/A
7Delayed Blast FireballEvocation23/23451265 - 2057, Average 17403025 - 4916, Average 4160
7Finger of DeathNecromancy26/31481333 - 1999, Average 18333053 - 4579, Average 4198
7Otto's Sphere of DancingEnchantmentN/A42N/AN/A
8Black Dragon BoltConjuration33/36N/A274 - 824, Average 687670 - 2012, Average 1676
8Greater ShoutEvocation17/2345385 - 867, Average 674882 - 1986, Average 1545
8Polar RayEvocation23/28N/A1372 - 2134, Average 18293142 - 4888, Average 4190
9Acid WellConjuration33/31485222 - 6597, Average 604712743 - 16097, Average 14756
9Hold Monster, MassEnchantmentN/A42N/AN/A
9Wail of the BansheeNecromancyN/A48N/AN/A

Would this be better if the N/A's were removed?

Lanta_Nan

I'd vote for not including N/A. If need (or want something), perhaps just a single hyphen - to provide visual que for line and can be interpreted as N/A?

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator

Example:

I have modified my wiki parser code to subtract the armors enhancement bonus from the specified Armor Bonus for the item so it will no longer be accounted for 2 times. I then re-processed all items to fix the armors. All armros should be fixed for next release.