DDO Character Planner

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Maetrims DDO Character Planner.

Hello there,

I have been developing a DDO character planner for some time now and think it is well worth sharing with the community.
Please provide feedback or any bug reports.

Updated to U66, (Some enhancement descriptions and Weapon [W] values wrong)
Latest release is: 1.0.0.203 (13th March 2024)

It comes without a dedicated installation program, so its an unzip job.
You may need to install a 3rd party Microsoft package to get the software to run.
Solution: Requires Visual C++ redistributable package 2010 for Windows (x86)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...s.aspx?id=5555

Current features are:

Early preview of the Dragon Lord archetype
How to use guide as a PDF
Ability spend
Skill points and new skill spend dialog and a new view
Tomes (skill and ability)
Feat selection (and a custom ignore list)
Past lives (heroic, racial, iconic and epic)
Enhancement trees
Spells
Caster Levels
SLAs
Immunities
Epic destinies
Self and Party buffs
Special ability DCs can now be viewed
Set stacks ans set suppression by special augments
Notes can be added to a character
All level 20+ gear is supported except for random weapons and some TOEE items (which are slowly being filled out).
Configurable forum export.
Sentient weapon Filigrees supported for main hand weapons and Minor Artifacts
Gear import from the DDO Named Gear Planner application

A link to the project releases can be found in my signature.

See other posts in this thread for changes in each version.

Please report any problems either in this thread or on the GitHub repository

Maetrim of Cannith

Previous forums link: https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/487211-DDO-Character-Planner

Link to latest Release: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Last edited:

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 1.0.0.185 Now Available

Fix: "Imbue Dice" breakdown renamed to "Bonus Imbue Dice" (Reported by GillianGroks and pevergreen)
Fix: All standard Imbue toggles no longer award an Imbue Dice as they do 1 + Bonus Imbue Dice in damage (Reported by GillianGroks and pevergreen)
Fix: Missing Ruby's of Implement <energy> added (Reported by heartmanpd)
---Ruby of Implement's Acid
---Ruby of Implement's Flame
---Ruby of Implement's Frost
---Ruby of Implement's Wind
Fix: Snake bite filigrees now list the correct +2 Imbue dice in their text for a stack of 3 filigrees
Fix: Doubleshot and Ranged Power breakdowns can no longer erroneously be capped by "Epic Defensive Fighting" stance carryover from older builds
Fix: Item "Legendary Plate of the Summer Solstice" will now award the correct fortification value (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
Fix: Grandmaster of Flowers core 4 will now correctly award melee/ranged power (Reported by Nicodeamous)
Fix: Quivering Palm text and DC calculation updated to match wiki (Reported by Nicodeamous)
Fix: Paladin Greater Sacred Defense: Hardy/Strong enhancement bonuses are now correctly a Sacred bonus (Reported by Hank-the-Ranger)
Fix: Natures Protector: Ursa enhancements updated to allow Medium/Heavy armor to be used (Reported by Edrein)
****Note that due to a technology issue in this builder these effects may apply incorrectly as the requirements cannot be modelled fully
Fix: Shadowdancer: Technician and Nimble Fingers feat should now correct stack to grant +1 SAD at rank 3 (Reported by MuazAlhaidar)
Fix: Shiradi Champion: Pierce Deception and the Feat Watchful Eye should now correctly awats 5% doublestrike (Reported by MuazAlhaidar)
Fix: Item "Epic Skullduggery Cap" now corretcly has +9 Wisdom, not +0 (Reported by Talnar)
Fix: The spell Phantasmal Killer is now correctly listed as a level 3 Warlock/AoTS spell (Reported by Huntxrd)
Fix: Shadowdancer: Weired will now award to Blight Casters and Dark Apostates at the equivelent level to Druid/Cleric (Reported by MuazAlhaidar)
Fix: Ninja Spy: Advanced Ninja Training will now correctly award Doublestrike when wielding a Shuriken (Reported by Talnar)
Fix: Enhancement "Blight Caster: Sharp Edges III" now correctly costs 1ap (Reported by Kamro1)
Fix: Season's Herald Elder of Winter cores will now award force speell power (Reported by Kamro1)
Fix: Shiradi: Inexorable Advance now has the correct icon (Reported by BrentAuble)
Fix: The Ranger level 4 cure spell is now correctly Cure Serious Wounds, not CSW, Mass (Reported by BrentAuble)
Fix: Scion of Celestia now corretcly awards its Spell DC bonuses (Reported by Somikamaru)
Fix: Item "Legendary Elder's Cap" is now correctly a level 3 item (Rerported by TandyFW)
Fix: Item "Perfected Salt-Pearl Ring" is now correctly part of the Legendary Saltmarsh Explorer set (Reported by Dielzen)
Fix: Cannith crafted Spell Penetration and Spell Lore effects are now correctly Equipment bonuses (Reported by christhemisss)
Fix Warchanter: The Frozen Fury text updated (Reported by christhemisss)

LInk in my signature as always

Mary

I find DDOBuilder essential for thinking through builds for DDO, whether a Hardcore Build or a TR or ETR, or if I want to lesser TR an existing toon into something closer to the present meta - I use DDOBuilder and love it.

Mr Blue

March 2006
I noticed that the Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky is missing a colorless augment slot in the builder but it has one in game and on the wiki

DDO Builder:
image.png

In game:
image.png

Wiki
image.png

Last edited:

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 1.0.0.186 Now Available

A few fixes, lots of missing items, and early access support for the Machrotechnic tree which previewed on Lamannia yesterday.

Fix: Item "Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky" now has its Colorless augment slot (Reported by Mr Blue)
Fix: Sacred Fists can now select Follower Of/Deity feats at level 1 and 6 (Reported by MuazAlhaidar)
Fix: Augment "Essence of Pomura's Memento" no longer erroneosly grants 1 Imbue Dice (Reproted by Edrein)
Fix: "Henshin Mystic: Contemplation" now only correctly grants 1 passive Ki generation at tier 3 (Reported by philosopheckelman)
Fix: "Tabazi Trailblazer: Wide Sweep" now has a DC calculation and updated description (Reported by philosopheckelman)
Fix: "Thief-Acrobat: Sweeping Strikes" DC calculation and description updated (Reported by philosopheckelman)

U59:
--- Set Bonus "Legendary Wrath of Sora Kell" added (Reported by keluynn)
--- Set Bonus "Legendary Perfected Wrath" added (Reported by keluynn)

U59 Items:
---Legendary Bloody Cleaver (Falchion)
---Legendary Crippling Cleaver (Falchion)
---Legendary Vengeful Cleaver (Falchion)
---Legendary Vampiric Cleaver (Falchion)
---Legendary Wind Howler Bracers (Bracers)
---Legendary Stormsinger Cloak (Cloak)
---Legendary Garments of Equilibrium (Cloth Armor)
---Legendary Scepter of the Fleshweaver (Club)
---Legendary Scepter of the Ogre Magi (Club)
---Legendary Frostflame Docent (Docent)
---Legendary Gorgon Armor (Heavy Armor)
---Legendary Brutish Cuirass (Heavy Armor)
---Legendary Maenya's Iron Fists (Gloves)
---Legendary Maenya's Fists (Gloves)
---Legendary Ogrish War Axe (Great Axe)
---Legendary Bloody War Axe (Great Axe)
---Legendary Infectious War Axe (Great Axe)
---Legendary Destructive War Axe (Great Axe)
---Legendary Petrifying War Axe (Great Axe)
---Legendary Blade of Fury (Great Sword)
---Legendary Vengeful Fury Blade (Great Sword)
---Legendary Vampiric Fury Blade (Great Sword)
---Legendary Clippling Fury Blade (Great Sword)
---Legendary Maiming Fury Blade (Great Sword)
---Legendary Stonedust Handwraps (Handwraps)
---Legendary Vampiric Stonedust Handwraps (Handwraps)
---Legendary Crippling Stonedust Handwraps (Handwraps)
---Legendary Vengeful Stonedust Handwraps (Handwraps)
---Legendary Maiming Stonedust Handwraps (Handwraps)
---Legendary Rocksplitter (Heavy Pick)
---Legendary Vengeful Rocksplitter (Heavy Pick)
---Legendary Vampiric Rocksplitter (Heavy Pick)
---Legendary Crippling Rocksplitter (Heavy Pick)
---Legendary Crippling Rocksplitter (Heavy Pick)
---Legendary Teraza's Sight (Helmet)
---Legendary Teraza's Perfect Sight (Helmet)
---Legendary Hooked Blade (Khopesh)
---Legendary Bloody Hooked Blade (Khopesh)
---Legendary Infectious Hooked Blade (Khopesh)
---Legendary Destructive Hooked Blade (Khopesh)
---Legendary Petrifying Hooked Blade (Khopesh)
---Legendary Shield of Reflecting (Large Shield)
---Legendary Snakeskin Vest (Light Armor)
---Legendary Crimson Chain (Light Armor)
---Legendary Gnollish War Bow (Longbow)
---Legendary Petrifying War Bow (Longbow)
---Legendary Bloody War Bow (Longbow)
---Legendary Infectious War Bow (Longbow)
---Legendary Destructive War Bow (Longbow)
---Legendary Staff of the Shadow (Quarterstaff)
---Legendary Bloody Shadow Staff (Quarterstaff)
---Legendary Petrifying Shadow Staff (Quarterstaff)
---Legendary Destructive Shadow Staff (Quarterstaff)
---Legendary Master Transmuter's Staff (Quarterstaff)
---Legendary Katra's Wit (Ring)
---Legendary Katra's Razor Wit (Ring)
---Legendary Frostflame Robe (Cloth Armor)
---Legendary Trial by Fire (Rune Arm)
---Legendary Vampiric Fury Shortsword (Shortsword)
---Legendary Vengeful Fury Shortsword (Shortsword)
---Legendary Crippling Fury Shortsword (Shortsword)
---Legendary Maiming Fury Shortsword (Shortsword)
---Legendary Night Hag's Heartstone (Trinket)

U60 Preview:
---Machrotechnic Epic Destiny claim feat added
---Machrotechnic Epic Destiny added with preliminary effects (some things may be incorrect)
---Epic past life feat added: Past Life: Martial Sphere: Trap Damage Absorption
---New Requirement type "FeatAnySource" added and all rune arms updated
---The Granted Rune Arm feat from Machrotechnic should now allow Rune Arms to be equipped
---Equipped Rune Arms will be cleared if you revoke the granted rune arm feat

Link in signature

Putti

Maybe this is a silly question, but is there a way to update your current version to the newest version? I've set up all the windows the way I like them, but obviously I'd like the newest features. If not then can I copy-paste my old settings into the new one?

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Maybe this is a silly question, but is there a way to update your current version to the newest version? I've set up all the windows the way I like them, but obviously I'd like the newest features. If not then can I copy-paste my old settings into the new one?
If you unzip the new version in same folder as the old one, all your previous settings should remain.

All the settings are stored in the DDOBuilder.ini file that's in the same location as the executable. All provided download .zip files do not include that file. If one does not exist, its created automatically from the Default.ini file that is installed.

Putti

If you unzip the new version in same folder as the old one, all your previous settings should remain.

All the settings are stored in the DDOBuilder.ini file that's in the same location as the executable. All provided download .zip files do not include that file. If one does not exist, its created automatically from the Default.ini file that is installed.

Oh awesome. Thanks for the quick reply!

Pesh

i got a couple of things:

-in the builder, Battle Trances add Assassinate DC, this doesn't happen ingame

-technically speaking Shuriken Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training don't add doubleshot, they are additional chances for an extra shot that cap at 100. Just adding them as doubleshot could be confusing as unless you're hitting the cap you could see both a lower minimum shots per volley and higher maximum shots per volley than the builders doubleshot value would suggest.

Tremes

Is there a way to update this to the latest version, or do you have to delete it and download the latest, which means losing everything I built?