DDO launcher crashing

ShadowHand2

Greetings,
I am having an issue as of the last weekly update. My game launcher usually works until I load into a server loading screen, and then the game crashes to Windows screen. Trying redownloading game data, updating software, nothing. Is there a current bug happening?

ShadowHand2

GameClientStarter::OnLoginAccountSSLError - Failed to login! STATUS: SSL Error 0 : "The certificate has expired"

This is in the DND launcher folder.

Bigpapi

Thread necro here...

As of late this morning (I was playing early this morning with no issues), my game crashes every time I get to the title screen and I've tried all the standards things - re-installing, changing all the graphic options, etc.

My game has always crashed before if I Alt-tabbed out of it, but other than that it ran fine...

Only thing of note is that I ran an Nvidia Geforce update this morning, but I'm pretty sure the game was crashing before I did that....

Appreciate any thoughts. Managed to get DDO running on my old desktop, but it isn't terribly "playable" on there...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Did you go thru the debug thread linked above and try all the various things in there? (I'm guessing you did, but just double checking)

Bigpapi

Yep, just tried a few more things in there that I hadn't... unplugged usb devices, turned off my geforce ingame overlay and modified the .ini file, but no changes...

I run from steam, for what that's worth...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I run from steam, for what that's worth...
Fully exit and close Steam.
Do a search on your computer for DNDlauncher.exe
Run that and see if plays nice (ideally run that as admin too as sometimes that helps). That bypasses any steam overhead.

Bigpapi

OK, so just for kicks, I uninstalled again and re-installed on my C drive rather than my D drive. Not sure if that did the trick, but it did just boot up okay. Time to eat now however - will have to see if it still works later tonight...