DDO Marketplace deals are up

Ellisaria

Because it really makes a huge difference whether you buy with points...or cash (y)
I suppose that depends on what edition you're looking at getting. If you're looking at quest/raid content only, then you could grind up those points over the course of several lives and get an expac for "free". If you were looking to get any fancy add-ons (mounts/cosmetics/races/slots), I don't they don't want to lose that revenue to potentially "free to grind" players.

Elminster

Former Pollster, Beloved by the DDO Forums.
Super underwhelming. Wow, it's exactly as last years! How old is Feywild? Well I guess I'm not opening new accounts. :(

Lazuli

To expand on this. It's like buying sov xp pots and astral shards at over 50% off. It's a steal!

The trunk costs 924 DP and grants 15 hours of 50% XP and 100 astral shards.

If you buy sov XP pots at the best deal (10x6=60 hours) it costs 5595 DP. That makes it 5595*15/60=1400 DP for 15 hours.

If you buy astral shards at the best deal (2000 shards) it costs 9995 DP. That makes it 9995*100/2000=500 DP for 100 shards.

Thus the 924 DP trunk gives 1400+500=1900 DP of value just in terms of XP pots and astral shards. Not even a 50% sale on those items would match that value, and that's not counting the slayer pots and remnant boosts.
Those undiscounted items are grotesquely overpriced, however. DDO whales are so used to that kind of abuse that they don't even realize it.

Elminster

Former Pollster, Beloved by the DDO Forums.
Those undiscounted items are grotesquely overpriced, however. DDO whales are so used to that kind of abuse that they don't even realize it.
The trunk at the current price is worth it imho for the sov pots and astral shards. But definitely not the previous price.

DDO Gaming

If I logged into the wrong server and accidently activated one of my purchases...is there anyway to undo that?

Or does each purchase apply to every server you log into?

Lazuli

I purchased masters of of sharn collectors edition
You will receive this only on one server:
  • Improved Sharn Supplies*
    • 50 Astral Shards
    • Two Major Guild Renown Elixirs
    • Ten Greater Treasuer Hunter Potions
    • Dimensional Augment Bag: holds 500 unique items.*
Rest is account based.

Talk with customer service, they can delete those items in one server and give u again in other.

T.O.

Hell yeah Traveler's trunks back on sale!! Now I can complete my collection of whistles. Teleport me to Sharn and Saltmarsh!

Lazuli

I just realized...BTA equipment etc really be called "bound to server" :ROFLMAO:(y)
yup, actually is bound to server.

In any case, SSG is more stingy than Turbine, SSG is very prone to creating goodies bound to one server, while the ones that Turbine sold in the expansions were given to each of the servers.

Vorph

You don't owe SSG anything so you don;'t need to say that. As a retailer SSG have a responsibility to creating products etc that are supposed to be tempting hence my suggestion of a potions mix of slayer/xp/crafting XP which I think many gamers would appreciate
Its not about me owing anything to SSG, it's about SSG having a captive audience and being too incompetent to entice money out of them, all while also not putting any money towards marketing outside of ddo's community to bring in new players to these deals that us veterans already have and won't be enjoying. It's doubling down on stupid business decisions.