DDO Marketplace deals are up

DDO Gaming

Actually one thing the DDOStore is definitely missing is an amazon-type basket so you can add a group of products and make a single purchase.

Not sure why the engineers didn;t think of that when they engineered the new DDOStore

DDO Gaming

What is this "upgrading" crap people are talking about for the different tiers? collectors and ultimate...?

So let me get this straight if I buy the normal Feywild right now for $16 then say next year the Ultimate get's black friday'd down to $15... does that mean I can upgrade to Ultimate for free at that point?
no. You buy the upgrade for $15 :) (y)

And its NOT an upgrade, its a different product so any server-based items can be applied to a different server-world:)

mikarddo

I have not complained about these Black Friday offers, I have simply pointed out that they have bad marketing.

I was expecting discounts on things I could use like jeweler tookits, wishes of memories or storage. Maybe even an a la carte discount coupon, to get a cookie bag, which they never include in their offers. But as I said, I don't really need those things either, and I have found more tempting offers on other sites. I'm not complaining, I'm happy with what I've got.

I have tried to help improve this game many times with suggestions and warnings. If you confuse that with complaining, ok. In any case, while I like the game and want it to be successful, I'm not hooked enough to blindly accept everything SSG offers *shrug*

Fair enough. However, when you seem to post the same "pointing out" more than 10 times in a short order I might argue that it does infact become "complaining". But nevermind that :)

Interesting though - I would have no use at all for Wishes or more storage and very limited use for more jewellers kits. So, if those were on sale rather than the current items I would have considered it poor. As it is, I bought 4 of the trunks as they appeal to me at the reduced price.

Allow me to suggest that this points towards it all being in the eye of the beholder less so than bad marketing. I also consider the deals on the older expansions pretty decent even if I dont need those myself and certainly dont think that Vecna should be on offer so soon as some others suggest.

Lazuli

Fair enough. However, when you seem to post the same "pointing out" more than 10 times in a short order I might argue that it does infact become "complaining". But nevermind that :)
Maybe you should read my posts more carefully then, many of them have been explaining doubts, such as DDO gaming's problem with its purchase ot bta/server status or El's doubt about upgrades.

popejubal

Those packs are heavily discounted because they're old and most gamers already have some of those components (I already had sharn prior to buying the collector product when it was heavily discounted IN THE DDOSTORE).

Its upto gamers to log into DDO at least weekly to see the latest promotions
Those old xpacs should be discounted all the time. The fact that they’re only discounted now is just silly and makes the game simultaneously less accessible and less profitable.

DDO Gaming

Those old xpacs should be discounted all the time. The fact that they’re only discounted now is just silly and makes the game simultaneously less accessible and less profitable.
I think the argument is: this game is decades old therefore we're entitled b*tch*s and everything should be free.

No. SSG is a business and every decision they make demands a profit-level to be factored in. The main gripe is whether they are making the most effective commercial decisions with the existing products etc :) (y)

Last edited:

Elminster

Former Pollster, Beloved by the DDO Forums.
no. You buy the upgrade for $15 :) (y)

And its NOT an upgrade, its a different product so any server-based items can be applied to a different server-world:)
wow... so keep holding out until that deal comes back around again...

popejubal

oQAdkyE.png

I live in the US. I would like to buy the standard edition Feywild for my alt account. How do I get it to understand that I don't need to pay VAT? I should be paying 6% sales tax for my state.

ZMan

What is this "upgrading" crap people are talking about for the different tiers? collectors and ultimate...?

So let me get this straight if I buy the normal Feywild right now for $16 then say next year the Ultimate get's black friday'd down to $15... does that mean I can upgrade to Ultimate for free at that point?
thats the problem i see. same prices as last year. not looking like they do go down often :/