• 41-50

Votes: 78 29.2%
  • 51-60

Votes: 93 34.8%
  • over 60

Votes: 23 8.6%

• Total voters

Tyrande

I thought its impolite to ask a dragon an age question. If I woke up in the morning everyday and say to the mirror, "hey beatiful, you're still young and 20" and believe it, are you still 20? :p

Why not ask the question: Are you fit:

1. No, but I think I am not fat
  2. I am really thin but not fit
  3. I am fit but not thin
  4. Heck no, I have over 9000 fatty issues
  5. I get it, I am fat okay?

owl

GenX is birth year 1965-1980 and sometimes including 81-84 - so I think it's safe to say over the half the players responding so far are Gen X. I wonder how representative that is of in-game ages.

Fallout47

I realize the sample size is not reliable, however, the results as they now stand confirm what I have long suspected about the age range of the player base. It explains a lot. It explains why this game makes soooo much money off such a small number of players. It also helps to understand the loyalty of the player base.

Scrag

The older players I have found are easier and more fun to play with, and more grounded in a bit of reality and less likely to zerg. They also generally just dont care about dragging soulstones around :D Not saying build x is bad, but the older group seem to have more respect for having fun in general at the cost of death over the pursuit of Real Ultimate Power.

None of my older friends have ever rage quit over anything, but maybe just said Meh and gave up on something or just tried at a lower level, even if that means a normal raid, r1, or just elite.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
GenX is birth year 1965-1980 and sometimes including 81-84 - so I think it's safe to say over the half the players responding so far are Gen X. I wonder how representative that is of in-game ages.
Early 1980s people are mostly Millennials, which was generally defined as being in your early 20s or younger at the turn of the Millennium. Gen X is really just those of us caught in the gap of being too young to be Boomers, but too old to be Millennials -- dates vary for that as the dates for the post WW2 baby boom vary by country, but it's roughly mid-60s to late 70s, but yes some very early 80s people are indeed Gen X, though most aren't.

OD&D and AD&D was originally a game for the youngest Boomers and Gen X. 3E did bring in a lot of Millennials though, and I think the spread does seem to reflect that.

somenewnoob

So far it's sort of looking like most of us are in the age demographic where accidentally tripping over your own nose hair starts to become a real risk.

PersonMan

As Bubblegum Crisis 2033 was one of the first anime I ever saw, boomer will always mean something different to me.