DDO Tracker --- Desktop Utility

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I created a Buy Me A Coffee account in hopes that some of you find my program useful enough to make a donation. Thank you in advance
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I developed a program to help me track my characters progression in the game. I think some people will find useful. Originally I was using a spreadsheet to track which quests I owned and which I had completed on elite. As time passed I found that there were several aspects to doing this in a spreadsheet that I found cumbersome. Probably the most notable was that I was unable to sort and display the information in a useful format. Even with macros, forms and formatting the display of quest information was awkward, unwieldy and required the spreadsheet program. Ultimately I decide to write a stand alone program to track and display the information as I desired. Thus was born my . . .

iBrEur8.png

LINK to the Installer

The first versions of the DDO tracker allowed the user to sort quests in a variety of ways, track quest completions and character favor progress. Over time I have added additional sorting methods, pack ownership tracking, saga tracking, HTTP linking, user notes, a summary of quest/challenge information and provide puzzle solutions/solvers for many quests. I added raid timer and tome trackers to the character tab so that the user no longer has to logout to check whether an alternate character is off timer or can use a specific tome. While we're talking about the character tab, it has spell lists for classes that must inscribe spells. This allows the user to track inscribed spells at spell levels above those which the DDO character sheet allows you to see. Finally, I added a Reincarnation tab to aid in tracking reincarnations.

SAMPLE Screen Shots (half scale, click for a closer look)
DDO Tracker character tab
DDO Tracker quest tab
DDO Tracker The Price of Freedom solver
DDO Tracker Temple of the Deathwyrm solver
DDO Tracker sagas tab

I continue to add functionality as I determine a need/desire, a useful way to implement it and time.

I hope you'll give it a try and post any feedback, suggestions or constructive criticism here or to ddotracker@gmail.com.

DDO Tracker manual

Discord channel devoted to the the DDO Tracker

LINK to the Installer

Last edited:
April 14th, 2024 12:01 AM The time has finally arrived for me to release an update. My apologees for taking so long in doing so.This update includes all information and data upto, and including, update 67. As always you can download the update with the Installer

I have correcting some errors (I am human), tweaked some things more to my liking and implementing some suggestions (thank you Enekai). Additionally I have added support for archetypes, added solvers and much more. For a full list changes and additions see the release notes.

If you find my program useful, please consider Buying Me A Coffee. Many thanks to those who have already done so.

Please don't hesitate to send any feedback, suggestions or constructive criticism to Serious Nonsense or to ddotracker@gmail.com. I particularly want to hear if you have a solver or puzzle solution you want added.

Discord channel devoted to the the DDO Tracker

LINK to the Installer

Last edited:
It has been brought to my attention that I entered some quest data incorrectly for the last update. You can use this LINK to the QuestData.txt file to download the latest version. I tend to update this file fairly often. As a matter of practice, it is updated a week or so after each game update. I've never had a way for the user to get this updated file other that with updates for my program.

Directions:
1. Close the DDO Tracker
2. Download QuestData.txt file
3. Overwrite the file of the same name (QuestData.txt) in the program directory (default:C:\Program Files (x86)\DDO Tracker\)
4. relax, take a break after that extremely laborious task.

Going forward check this same link when you need to update the quest data.

Margona

It has been brought to my attention that I entered some quest data incorrectly for the last update. You can use this LINK to the QuestData.txt file to download the latest version. I tend to update this file fairly often. As a matter of practice, it is updated a week or so after each game update. I've never had a way for the user to get this updated file other that with updates for my program.

Directions:
1. Close the DDO Tracker
2. Download QuestData.txt file
3. Overwrite the file of the same name (QuestData.txt) in the program directory (default:C:\Program Files (x86)\DDO Tracker\)
4. relax, take a break after that extremely laborious task.

Going forward check this same link when you need to update the quest data.
Thank you!