Did They Ever Release the "New VIP Bonuses" ?

Svirfneblin

Boy, those VIP Rewaeks look like Troglodyte doo doo. Only a few box/chest items are appealing.

Just turn on Daily Gold rolls until this gets done.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I completely understand that unforeseeable (and very sad) circumstances have put this on hold.

I do hope they will make a new plan, though, and communicate it as soon as possible.

Smelt

so do you think the developer got the sack when they saw the community response to their proposed rewards?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
so do you think the developer got the sack when they saw the community response to their proposed rewards?
5:15 seconds in. It sounds like Humblefriar was doing a lot of the work on and it's going be delayed due his passing (which is very much understandable).

TrinityTurtle

It would be so much easier to let us keep our favor bank and inventory space and start a TR at level four. Orders of magnitude easier than the lame thing they proposed. With dozens of archetype lives I don’t want to even think about starting, this would get me to go VIP and play again. Surely more players and more money are two easily agreed upon key results for any gaming company. What they are proposing is patently absurd and a horrific waste of resources.
I absolutely do NOT want to keep my favor through trs(or do you just mean the kundarak slots?). I like the ability to earn yet;;;;;; more ssg points than I get from the sub to keep spending them frivolously as the mood takes me (I might have a cosmetics habit lol). I think VIP should get to choose the start at 4 and 7 levels or level 1 as earned/bought from the favor/bank, so those rewards aren't quite so pointless and can be a nice carrot for those that need carrots other than a game they enjoy (and lets be real, despite the constant griping, if people don't enjoy a thing they're not going to spend their time doing the thing, actions over words and all that). More choices to suit more playstyles is always good, and letting us pick between the three starting points supports people's ability to pick what works for them.

Lagin

Not to diminish or disrespect the passing of HumbleFriar, I can't grasp the oversight of SSG not to have a "Plan B" when it comes to the ViP bonuses.
This game is a business, IMHO it is a complete fail (business-wise) not to have more than one person (IF that is the case) handling of this topic,
I watched the stream w/ EP Severlin yesterday, and couldn't help noticing the look in eyes and the delay of providing a sound reply when asked about it.
It became quite clear there isn't a legit answer.
I don't see the value in our ViP status, and will NOT renew or even consider renewing until this is addressed properly. Sadly, I stand by my convitions.
As Memnir has said, I don't have much faith in SSG right now.
I challenge SSG staff to change that mindset.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
As Memnir has said, I don't have much faith in SSG right now.
I challenge SSG staff to change that mindset.
I think it would have been a good signal to be... proactive, I guess, and actually communicate this before prodded to it by community questions.

SSG is a small company. It's not impossible to me that they only had HumbleFriar working on it.

But they really should have communicated it earlier, and made a new plan from here, and communicated that as well.

They had nearly the entire last year. And now nearly half of this one. I don't think it is too much to ask that we see some progress, even if the original plan has been derailed by the sad passing of a good dev. Even if that progress is just some kind of roadmap as to where they go from here.

Just saying it's "on hold" and nothing more, that is a(nother) slap in the face of VIPs.

In a year where we get another rebranded adventure pack that VIPs have to pay for.

SSG, you have to be better than this.

EvanBanning

I canceled my sub the day gold roles ended and just came back to see if they'd FINALLY done something about VIP.

If I'm understanding correctly, the tl:dr version is:

"they previewed some lame garbage benefits that weren't going to help most players, and the dev working on the system passed away before finishing it".

That seem about right?

Bracelet

I absolutely do NOT want to keep my favor through trs(or do you just mean the kundarak slots?). I like the ability to earn yet;;;;;; more ssg points than I get from the sub to keep spending them frivolously as the mood takes me (I might have a cosmetics habit lol). I think VIP should get to choose the start at 4 and 7 levels or level 1 as earned/bought from the favor/bank, so those rewards aren't quite so pointless and can be a nice carrot for those that need carrots other than a game they enjoy (and lets be real, despite the constant griping, if people don't enjoy a thing they're not going to spend their time doing the thing, actions over words and all that). More choices to suit more playstyles is always good, and letting us pick between the three starting points supports people's ability to pick what works for them.
No I just mean the bank and inventory slots. In fact, I wouldn't advocate retaining any favor. Continue to start all favor from 0, but let VIP keep any earned bank or inventory tabs. That's a minor thing though. I would be happy if VIP could TR to 4th level. Just to kill some of the grind. Keeping the inventory slots in particular means we wouldn't have to do the grind anyway just to get those back.

Khurse

They have to be the only game that cancelled VIP benefits without having anything in place to replace them other than some vague hand waving of 'We totally have some exciting ideas for down the road, stay tuned!" and whatever other buzzwords they've used.