Did They Ever Release the "New VIP Bonuses" ?

QuantumFX

I imagine that's the real reason why Severlin's going to be on the Fridays at Four stream this week.

Deathbringer

Grim Lord of the Dead + Since 2009 +
What they presented was lackluster... sure, something is something, but I think Daily Gold Rolls was better... although not very good either... too many low rolls... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Oxarhamar

Take this with a grain of salt (or spice of your choice) becuase I hvaen't been following this that closely, but my undrestanding is the benefit they are scrapping is the daily dice and we won't see the new monthly gift stuff until the dice are gone.
The daily dice has been scrapped that was the gold rolls

Hopefully they scrap the system that they previewed it was not going to increase VIP

erousted8

The daily dice has been scrapped that was the gold rolls

Hopefully they scrap the system that they previewed it was not going to increase VIP

We can only hope. The proposed system was really bad and not remotely worth paying for. Even worse, they ignored the literally hundreds of suggestions that they asked for and gave us... garbage.

TrinityTurtle

I used to think that the biggest bonus is that ddo continues ... or maybe they make more from non subscription expenditure?
To be honest I'm not obsessed with the extras. I'm vip beausse it's less than $10 a month. That's the price of one matinee move a month for me and my husband, which is on average an hour and a half of entertainment. DDo entertains me more than an hour and a half each month, therefore I choose to support it to keep that entertainment going.

The workers at SSG, like myself and literally everyone else I know, don't go there everyday to be our mass DM's for free. They need to pay thier bills too. I wouldn't have gone to any of my jobs without pay, ever, and I certainly expected my companies to get paid by thier customers so that I could paid. :) And SSG does it with minimal staff to boot. Without support, DDo goes down. The friends I have here will drift apart to do other things, and I'll be a bit sad. But that's just me and my motivation, and obviously other people have different thoughts on it.

Bracelet

It would be so much easier to let us keep our favor bank and inventory space and start a TR at level four. Orders of magnitude easier than the lame thing they proposed. With dozens of archetype lives I don’t want to even think about starting, this would get me to go VIP and play again. Surely more players and more money are two easily agreed upon key results for any gaming company. What they are proposing is patently absurd and a horrific waste of resources.

There's too many good games coming out to blow money on VIP for any significant amount of time. DDO simply isn't good enough. Any VIP upgrades would need to be staggeringly fantastic. I suppose they only want to retain the really diehard players of this game. That's why whatever they do will be the bare minimum. That's a big problem with this game. It's perpetual bare minimum.

T.O.

I actually continued VIP after I said I was going to cancel it. The daily gold rolls brought me back to vip. If I was scraping by I wouldn't spend my last 10 bucks a month on this game. I would like to see more value for vip. I will not pay for that proposed package.

Sympl

There's too many good games coming out to blow money on VIP for any significant amount of time. DDO simply isn't good enough. Any VIP upgrades would need to be staggeringly fantastic. I suppose they only want to retain the really diehard players of this game. That's why whatever they do will be the bare minimum. That's a big problem with this game. It's perpetual bare minimum.
Different strokes.

I'm a one game kind of guy. Many of us are. Don't care about the numbers break down, just pointing out that if I quit playing DDO, I'd be going to hang with friends, backpacking, and singing karaoke..... regardless of whatever other games are out there - new or old.

I'm not ignorant of alternate views. My younger cousins are barely in DDO at all because they're bouncing between this new game and the next. But when they beat it in under a week or two with the highest accolades anyone in the game can get (I'm not really being facetious here, they're basically some of the most skilled gamers under the age of 30 I've ever seen), they're back in DDO.

Once again, I'm sure that isn't everybody either, but the fact remains that for me personally, $100 a year for DDO (or thereabouts) is far less than I'd spend out drinking for one night especially if food is involved....or barring that - in case I ever decide to quit drinking - a large one-topping pizza at my local preferred pizza chain costs $12. And I like upwards of 3 toppings and I prefer XL for the $/square inch, so DDO costs me less than 1 pizza a month. Not to mention the existing VIP perks (just talking monthly Store points here, and some kind of $$$/xp gain equivalency on the VIP and +party member bonuses) defray that a decent bit. I'm paying far less for "rented access" via VIP the more I play with that equivalency......

And my life isn't yours or everyone's but.......there's enough of the player base out there that live similar enough lives to make these points valid and I'd hardly call us diehard players of the game.....or maybe that's what we are. I don't really care. Labels.

And back to point, DDO is constantly adding new things. New classes, new versions of classes, new levels......all without really (when compared to other games I'm vaguely aware of) making old content completely obsolete. I'd say DDO is winning and superior in ways that all the other games are not. And I've watched a few of them being played over people's shoulders......meh. Double meh. I mean, enjoy what you enjoy, but quit talking in such broad strokes. The world isn't you.

And if you want to talk bare minimum......I'm not allowed to tell you the stories I know about people/work outfits really delivering the bare minimum to their customers. DDO isn't that.

Fizban

I just remembered (as my sub renewed) that they scrapped the old VIP bonus gold rolls, because it cost them too much, but they were going to replace them with something.

Did they ever release the new "something" or did they decide it "wasn't ready yet" and they'll totally release it someday?

Basically just curious if we're actually getting new VIP bonuses or if it was just a "The VIPS are upset, let's tell them something so they'll stop complaining" thing.
To correct one of your statements. DDO did not scrap the Daily Dice Rolls for Gold Rolls. In fact to this day all VIPs enjoy the Gold Roll each week. You are confusing an annouced promotion DDO did for 1-year with the annouced intention of it returning to the regular Gold Roll system after 1-year.

erousted8

This mirrors what I feel. I could easily blow 10 bucks a month on VIP and not feel it, but its not even worth the 10 dollars anymore. The newly proposed upgrades are worth even less. The sad part about this perpetual bare minimum is it's all digital stuff. It wouldn't cost them any extra to actually make VIP worthwhile.

They just won't do it.

Ellisaria

I don't know if there were any changes to the new rewards proposition after these were announced, but for those who didn't see them on the old forums, here they are.

VIP_perk_stuff_1.png
VIP_perk_stuff_2.png

cdbd3rd

Ty for the reminder, El. All I could remember was that there was nearly 0 interest in any of that that would urge me to continue my VIP here. Not even if the "Box of stuff" included ALL of the contents, not just that woeful 'pick one' nonsense.

I started to type more, but realize that any feedback is just a waste of typing time.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Yeah, looks like more rng there, with not much reward. I am 75% sure that those loot boost potions don't do anything at all (at least my experience is there is little to no difference).
They should give an ottos box instead of some rng junk to be honest.
The majority of that stuff is basically junk and it's pretty obvious not much thought or effort was put into it.

Kaleva

DDOCast Host and Producer
This was mentioned on the live stream today. The response is summed up below.

Unfortunately the new VIP Program is on hold as the developer that was working on it is no longer with us.