Divine Disciple BUGS!

decorp

The release of the cleric archetype came with a free rework of the divine desciple tree.
The old tree was working and the rework came with allot of buggs.

Here is an quick oversight
1) Spell critical damage didnt had an icon(fixed)
2) Spell critical damage didnt had its effects applied (fixed)
3) Domain smiting had some out of place effect (fixed)

4) Trancendance light cannot be taken
5) Trancendance dark can only be taken if you have all light cores
6) Light and dark enhancement doesnt stack further then 1 stack

Could you please fix the last 3 buggs? They are game breaking for dark cleric builds.

Thanks in advance,
Erik

ps. yes i put in a bug report, but everytime i get a default reply and nothing else. When i reply with a question, i just the get the default reply. Is there even a human reading them?

Mokune

Light Cores go from Left to Right and Dark Cores go from Right to Left. The change allowed us to take the first few cores from both which unlocks the T5 Word of Balance but locks out capstones (at least it did for me). Taking all light or all dark cores should unlock the corresponding Transcendence spell list.

decorp

Light Cores go from Left to Right and Dark Cores go from Right to Left. The change allowed us to take the first few cores from both which unlocks the T5 Word of Balance but locks out capstones (at least it did for me). Taking all light or all dark cores should unlock the corresponding Transcendence spell list.
Correct, but the dark one doesnt work. and the other one is the wrong one but acts like the correct one,

Khurse

This was reported on the Dev server, reported on live right after update release, reported on live after the fixes to that update. AFAIK they've never been acknowledged by anyone on the dev team.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Missing:
T5 Power Balance breaks targeting on whichever alignment spell it upgrades. They'll no longer hit things that aren't perfectly at ground level like mephits after taking that enhancement. This was reported right after release and is still around as of a couple weeks ago when I ran another cleric life. (Spells work fine on those same mobs before "upgrading" the alignment spell, so it's entirely something about the t5 upgrade)

Mokune

Ah gotcha. Now that I think about it, I noticed something wonky a couple lives ago but didn't think too deeply about it 'cause I was after the Word of Balance.

I would like to see a dev response to this also - its like they think it isn't broken and therefore refuse to even look at it again. Its clearly broken and we need a dev to comment or acknowledge that they know about it- it takes 5 minutes to roll up an iconic cleric and see that its broken its not hard. Having bug reported it seems you have to have lots of people shouting about it on the forums to get any response

decorp

I would like to see a dev response to this also - its like they think it isn't broken and therefore refuse to even look at it again. Its clearly broken and we need a dev to comment or acknowledge that they know about it- it takes 5 minutes to roll up an iconic cleric and see that its broken its not hard. Having bug reported it seems you have to have lots of people shouting about it on the forums to get any response
That would be nice yes. Its sad that the bug report thing just doesn't work. People behind it just dont read and only send a defailt reply to everything. Only thing we can do is complaint on the forum or harassing their twitter hoping it gets attention.

I do have a plan.
Step1: Apply to working as a programmer at ssg
Step2: First thing to do is fix this bug
Step3: Turn in my 3 week notice that ill be quitting.

For me its on the other side of the plannet.... can someone closer please execute this?

Last edited:

cocopufff

There's also some wonkiness going on with Power Balance and Unholy Blight specifically. The regular spell Unholy Blight says it does 5-10 per caster level max 10. The SLA Unholy Blight says it does 9-14 per caster level max 10. Both say they deal double damage to good outsiders.
The Power Balance variant says the spell always does "its increased damage" regardless of alignment, which means the spell should be dealing the doubled damage regardless of alignment (because I can see no reason why it would say "increased damage" otherwise).

But it very much doesn't--it only does the base damage to everything. And based on my testing, the SLA version actually seems to be dealing 5-10 per caster level rather than the 9-14 it says it is. So... bugs there too.

Honestly, the fact that you literally can't select the enhancement when playing a dark divine disciple is such a glaring and easily repeatable bug that I'm baffled it's been in the game for so long.