Dose Eldritch Strike, Eldritch Tempest have Strikethrough Chance On foe by TWF?

Qtcreator

Hi everyone, I am will use TWF with EK, I don’t know the Eldritch Strike, Eldritch Tempest have Strikethrough Chance On foe by TWF?
Can someone tell me,thank you.

Lotoc

They're cleaves, cleaves don't factor strikethrough and are instead aoe attacks which attempt to hit every enemy in the relevant area.
So they will hit multiple targets(if they are close enough) but strikethrough as a stat is totally irrelevant.

Coffey

Ranger Tempest tree has Dance of Death with 220% Strikethrough while TWF. So your attacks hit 3-4 foes per swing with both weapons.

unbongwah

Cleave attacks don't benefit from Strikethrough, which includes Eldritch Strike+Tempest.

Dual-wielders don't get Strikethrough at all, unless you're using Tempest's Dance of Death.

unbongwah

Huuuum, so SWF or TWF which is better on Ek?
It depends on what you want to be better at.

TWF has a higher hit rate, especially with Vistani Knife Fighter's Double Dagger (or monk dip with Shintao's Deft Strikes - check the old forums for wizard 18 / monk 2 build using handwraps), which means more chances for proc-on-hit effects like Imbue damage, vampire heals, etc. But you miss out on the dual-wield goodies which Tempest gets like Dual Perfection (full offhand damage), Dance of Death, etc. Unless you do something heavily multiclassed, in which case you miss out on higher-level wizard abilities. Plus you need DEX 17 for ITWF/GTWF so it's more MAD than SWF which only requires 7 ranks of Balance.

SWF has a higher damage modifier which means more damage from Cleaves or Whirlwind. Also you presumably have a caster orb in your offhand, which helps out with gearing a melee/caster hybrid like Eldritch Knight.

Unless you're already set on dual-wielding, I would probably just stick with SWF. Easier to gear, doesn't require a DEX tome, and more damage from your Eldritch Strike/Tempest attacks. If you use bastard swords or dwarven axes, you'll also get a little Strikethrough on regular attacks which can be boosted further with epic abilities.

Qtcreator

It depends on what you want to be better at.

TWF has a higher hit rate, especially with Vistani Knife Fighter's Double Dagger (or monk dip with Shintao's Deft Strikes - check the old forums for wizard 18 / monk 2 build using handwraps), which means more chances for proc-on-hit effects like Imbue damage, vampire heals, etc. But you miss out on the dual-wield goodies which Tempest gets like Dual Perfection (full offhand damage), Dance of Death, etc. Unless you do something heavily multiclassed, in which case you miss out on higher-level wizard abilities. Plus you need DEX 17 for ITWF/GTWF so it's more MAD than SWF which only requires 7 ranks of Balance.

SWF has a higher damage modifier which means more damage from Cleaves or Whirlwind. Also you presumably have a caster orb in your offhand, which helps out with gearing a melee/caster hybrid like Eldritch Knight.

Unless you're already set on dual-wielding, I would probably just stick with SWF. Easier to gear, doesn't require a DEX tome, and more damage from your Eldritch Strike/Tempest attacks. If you use bastard swords or dwarven axes, you'll also get a little Strikethrough on regular attacks which can be boosted further with epic abilities.
So , if I use longsword 16-20 more crit range better than 18-20 Dwarven axe on Eldritch strike, Frequently crit right?

Smelt

you can increase the crit range of a dwarven axe, certainly to 17 - 20 but possibly to 16-20, and it get x4 multiplier. So again it really depends on how invested you want to be. And I'm not sure how the maths play out in the overall sense of more crits/lower damage vs fewer crits/higher damage and better strike through.

unbongwah

So , if I use longsword 16-20 more crit range better than 18-20 Dwarven axe on Eldritch strike, Frequently crit right?
Longswords and battleaxes are 16-20/x4 with Knight's Training, Improved Critical (or Keen weapon), and Force's Edge+Improved Knight's Transformation; a few longswords like Oathblade would be 14-20/x4 and Watcher's Blade is 16-20/x5. Dwarven axes are 18-20/x4; bastard swords are 17-20/x3 (Spinal Tap is 17-20/x4). The upside to the latter two is Strikethrough.

So let's say you're playing a SWF dwarven wizard. With dwarven axe, you have 20% base Strikethrough and up to +25% from dwarven racial enhancements; in epics you can add more Strikethrough from Epic Destinies (GMoF, FotW), Perfect THF, and THF Specialty at level 31. So somewhere in the 250% Strikethrough range at endgame is possible if I'm adding right, though you'd probably stop at 200% ST. And you still have the option of switching to battleaxe / longsword when Cleaving or single-target DPS is more important (i.e., bosses & Champions). Downside is it means more weapons to juggle; Quick Draw for faster weapon swapping is desirable.