Downtime Notice: Wednesday, July 10th 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cmecu

Just coming back, so not sure if this is the new standard or not, but with an extended maintenance just two weeks ago, is extended downtime going to be every second week? Not a criticism, if it helps everything run smoother all for it. I'm just curious.
No, please criticize. They need to keep hearing earfuls of how poor the stability of the game is.
The only reason why this game still functions is because of its unique character customization and just the nostalgia from people who like Dungeons and Dragons. Any other game out there, that has had this kind of nonsense, doesnt exist any more. As many games as I have played in my life, I think this is the only one that does this kind of stuff, and it never ends.
Also as many of us who are older, will pass away eventually and there wont be that new generation of people who will play this game, because why would they? They would just find a game that is stable and playable.

Last edited:

Winterburn

It's the nature of man to ask questions.-Belgarath
Hi.

Just regular maintenece or are you releasing a new patch? Doing bug fixes?

Asking for a friend 🤪 (jk), actually asking 'cause I'm nosy and want to know.

Tolmynn

To the (arguably) 'constructive' critics out there, I have a question for you all - what comparable game out there is as feature rich as DDO? I won't list out my limited time with other games at this point, but suffice to say as of yet I haven't found anything with as much environmental interaction as this game - think puzzles, levels/switches, hidden-doors, traps, altars, keys and the like. The few other games I have tried are basically the old(old) video arcade game Gauntlet - run around, combat and collect stuff you pick up.

Volarr

Lost Explorer
Your post is not clear to me, we didn't have two scheduled downtimes this week? Today's 20 minute or so issue was not a formal scheduled downtime, and some players remained in-game during its duration.
Yes I was in-game and had no issues logging in and out while others were earlier this week.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
To the (arguably) 'constructive' critics out there, I have a question for you all - what comparable game out there is as feature rich as DDO? I won't list out my limited time with other games at this point, but suffice to say as of yet I haven't found anything with as much environmental interaction as this game - think puzzles, levels/switches, hidden-doors, traps, altars, keys and the like. The few other games I have tried are basically the old(old) video arcade game Gauntlet - run around, combat and collect stuff you pick up.
You can love something, and yet not like it. This is less about "this vs. that" and more about things that could be better.

Volarr

Lost Explorer
Sadly, the extended downtime means some of us will have to make another real life run today be safe out there everyone.

rohmer

Your post is not clear to me, we didn't have two scheduled downtimes this week? Today's 20 minute or so issue was not a formal scheduled downtime, and some players remained in-game during its duration.
What he means is: gimme free stufffffff

Kheledon

DDO is wonderfully complicated, admittedly.

Mobius

I see what you did there
I'm just happy that I wasn't locked out of signing into the forums during this downtime. My lunchtime dice rolls will have to wait until a little later, though.

rohmer

And to petition for a roll back to 2006 to make it equitable for everyone. I think thats the only fair way to do it.