Downtime Notice: Wednesday, November 1st 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan

Community Manager
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, November 1st from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 63: Illithid Invasion! Read the release notes on DDO.com. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon for the start of the event!

Last edited:

Onyxia2016

Thanks for putting in the effort to create a new event but at the same time I must say it is underwhelming.

1) It's only a week long.
2) Efforts to unlock legendary quests. This mean some of the population will not be running them for awhile. Who else is on the TR train?
3) Have to run reaper to unlock quests. Again many do not run reaper.
I guess it is official that reaper is the new norm and everything else must be considered casual.

For those that can run the event, have fun. I will be setting this one out.

Rakehell

Does the engineering improvement not prevent you from accidentally feeding your sentient weapon to itself? Just asking for a friend....

Volarr

Cordovan, does unlocking these one time reaper guests unlock the dungeons for all the account for (chars that can't do them now). or just the high end character that runs the reaper quests.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Does the engineering improvement not prevent you from accidentally feeding your sentient weapon to itself? Just asking for a friend....
You can't feed a weapon to itself. Just like you can't feed an artifact to itself (used to be able to but that was patched ages ago).

Volarr

Also Cordovan will these cards always drop in these unlocked quests or just for one week?

Cordovan

Community Manager
Cordovan, does unlocking these one time reaper guests unlock the dungeons for all the account for (chars that can't do them now). or just the high end character that runs the reaper quests.
Once unlocked, the quests are available for anyone to run, noting it is a level 34 dungeon.

vryxnr

1) It's only a week long.
Wait what? I know it's a limited time event, but only 1 week? where was this stated officially? I've re-read the official release page a few times now and maybe I'm blind, but I only see the start date, not an end date.

Aelonwy

What exactly was the thinking that made participation in a one-time only game event Reaper ONLY? I mean that really does end ALL prevarication that Reaper is an optional difficulty. Please note my disappointment and dissatisfaction at this design. Events really should be for everyone.

Volarr

Wait what? I know it's a limited time event, but only 1 week? where was this stated officially? I've re-read the official release page a few times now and maybe I'm blind, but I only see the start date, not an end date.
Its not in the release notes. That is unless there using invisible ink

rabidfox

The People's Champion
SS3mLNf.png

Aldebarann

Thelanis Player
Is it just me, or it’s not clear exactly WHAT we have to do to unlock quests? Reaper-like Illithid will spawn in reaper quests, killing them will drop some mats, and after x mats are turned in server-wise the quests are unlocked? If we have only one week (as it seems by the twitter post), and we don’t turn in enough mats, are the quests automatically unlocked at the end of the week (hence the turn in mechanism is simply an early preview way-in for larger servers), or are they locked and missed forever? What about hardcore league? Does the level quests / skulls impact the number of dropped mats?

I’m sorry to say this announcement lacks way too many important infos…

vryxnr

Thanks. Once again I must say I wish accurate information was also presented on the games official forums (here) as some of us do not use or have access to social media platforms like twitter/x or threads or facebook. Things posted there may as well not exist.

Why can't a companies own official wesbite that has a section for news and information actually be an accurate source of news and information?

CBDunk

Maybe they are piggy-backing on some of the code that is used to generate the reapers. Though you'd think that with everything that has been done with variant monster champions (which appear in Hard difficulty and up) that would have worked too.

In any case, I agree that it is too bad this is limited to reaper play.

Volarr (and others with lots of questions) there has been a lot of discussion about this in the past weeks beyond just what is in the release notes. The 'one week' thing comes from Cordovan's live stream last Friday, in which he said that they were estimating that it would take people about a week, plus or minus a couple of days, to complete whatever task(s) required to unlock the four dungeons.

Also, this reference to 'unlocking' quests is in the sense of making them available to play at all... NOT in the longer term sense of making various difficulty levels playable. Presumably that process will continue to work the same as it does with any other new quest.

Once the quests are available they will remain in place and continue dropping cards. The temporary event is just to 'find' the quests.

There will apparently be an NPC in Sharn's clifftop tower district who will give some more info / guidance on starting the process.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is it just me, or it’s not clear exactly WHAT we have to do to unlock quests?
It's not clear to anyone yet and unless some dev spoils stuff, we won't know what we're doing until tomorrow as players do the event and figure it out.

saekee

I do not care for reaper setting and its implementation but I think it is fine this event is reaper setting only. It raises the stakes and is anway for unlocking extreme challenge dungeons. It is for a limited time so non-reaper players can do reaper quests below their level and participate still.