Downtime Notice: Wednesday, September 13th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I assume
"The raid giver can be reached by talking to Geth, is a Gargoyle in the upper Morgrave public area, just past the Vecna Unleashed Part One quest givers."
was meant to be
"The raid can be reached by talking to Geth, who is a Gargoyle in the upper Morgrave public area, just past the Vecna Unleashed Part One quest givers."
?

Also:
  • Fixed some undead that were not being damage by healing in Vecna Unleashed. (damage -> damaged)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
  • The Magus of the Eclipse ability Time Stop no longer causes bosses or raid bosses to stop attacking, and no longer sets the helpless condition on bosses. Bosses will now take 60% more damage from all sources other than Bane similar to a Vulnerability effect.
it will stack with "generic" vulnerability, so say 20% from vul stacks, +60% from Time Stop would result in 180% damage, however now looking at how the helpless damage mod factored in, we're going to have to raise this higher I think...
So decided to not raise it from the intial lam?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The named changed to "Fire Over Morgrave" since the initial patch notes this morning. Nice.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
  • Bonus DCs for Quivering Palm are not at their proper +2 per stack instead of +4.
The way this is worded is confusing people. I assume it's the fix for:
Thanks for updated patch notes,
  • Bonus DCs for Quivering Palm are now at their proper +4 per stack instead of +2.

droid327

Wow. Did anybody proofread these release notes?

The number typos is atrocious!

Sometimes I wonder if they just don't realize how their inability to spell - or even just to use a spellchecker sometimes - makes them seem entirely unprofessional and fuels all the discontent about them being bad at devving

Spelling is important, team

somenewnoob

Sometimes I wonder if they just don't realize how their inability to spell - or even just to use a spellchecker sometimes - makes them seem entirely unprofessional and fuels all the discontent about them being bad at devving

Spelling is important, team

It is important.

One of my most frequent typos while playing which changes the total meaning is:

"afk quick sec"

Becomes

"afk quick sex"

DreamingReality

Wow. Did anybody proofread these release notes?

The number typos is atrocious!
Considering news agencies don't seem to proofread anymore, either, I would say, "no." People who write for the masses on the Internet seem to have forgotten that their masses cannot understand garbled, typo-filled messages. I mean Standing Stones has brought us an entire Steam series and forum post on "The Joy of Deving [sic]" Who is DevinG? Ohhhh-they meant "devving." When they can't even spell their own job, I think there's a problem, but I blame their elementary schools. 🙄

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Considering news agencies don't seem to proofread anymore, either, I would say, "no." People who write for the masses on the Internet seem to have forgotten that their masses cannot understand garbled, typo-filled messages. I mean Standing Stones has brought us an entire Steam series and forum post on "The Joy of Deving [sic]" Who is DevinG? Ohhhh-they meant "devving." When they can't even spell their own job, I think there's a problem, but I blame their elementary schools. 🙄
Considering that, as slang terms, neither "deving" nor "devving" have found their way into any actual dictionaries as of yet, and the Urban Dictionary (first Google result for either) recognises both spellings as equally valid, I don't think we can hold this one against anybody. After all, "developer" has only one "v" in it.

The patch notes, on the other hand, could probably have used a proof read.

Cordovan

Community Manager
The game worlds have reopened. The DDO Store remains temporarily unavailable and is expected to reopen shortly.