Dragon's Hoard locations

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
someone said in game that it was the Unicorn chest in Immortality Lessons. Is this true?
That door does not always seem to spawn.

Just went in on hard, then normal and never got the door.

We intended to skip the feywild completely, just doing immortality lessons for the hoard piece but when we went in and waited for the door it never spawned.

Anyone know for certain if other quests have to be run to get the door to spawn?

rabidfox

The People's Champion

We intended to skip the feywild completely, just doing immortality lessons for the hoard piece but when we went in and waited for the door it never spawned.

Anyone know for certain if other quests have to be run to get the door to spawn?
The door can always spawn there. There's timing tricks when moving from the owl towards the door location to make it work and catch it. Otherwise, it'll bounce to a different location (there's a few spots where the door bounces between). It's not about difficulty setting, it's entirely about the method to trip and quickly click the door for the few seconds it's up there before it moves to another location.

edit: if you need help doing it, I could make a lvl 1 alt to run out there and trigger the door for you

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Just checked, lvl 3 to enter the wilderness. But I'm sure someone else would help you trigger the door.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
To be clear(er) this was our second set of characters to get that piece on HC. (one of the first set died later.) We have done this innumerable times on our normal servers to get the optional.

We used the same method we normally use, park one char in front of the location to wait for the door to pop, talk to hermia with the other then move them toward the fomorian door.

With the first set, door popped and no issues (as on the normal server). With the second set, tried it two times, hard then normal, door never popped.

Dredre9987

The door has some amount of random to it, if it never pops there ( it will eventually as it cycles through its places ) leave and reset

TedSandyman

I went in, ran the whole thing, didn't spawn. Went in again, still no spawn. I ran back to the first room where Hyrsam(?) plays the fiddle at the beginning and ran up to the tree. The door appeared for a split second and I got the message something like "Oooo. A magic door. Maybe you can find it somewhere." Then I went back to the other room with the blank wall under an awning and it was there.

I don't know if it was just my luck or what, but it did not seem that the door appeared until AFTER I activated it in the first room.

Mr Blue

March 2006
I went in, ran the whole thing, didn't spawn. Went in again, still no spawn. I ran back to the first room where Hyrsam(?) plays the fiddle at the beginning and ran up to the tree. The door appeared for a split second and I got the message something like "Oooo. A magic door. Maybe you can find it somewhere." Then I went back to the other room with the blank wall under an awning and it was there.

I don't know if it was just my luck or what, but it did not seem that the door appeared until AFTER I activated it in the first room.
you should never leave the room where hyrsam is.
You go in,
listen to his drama
talk to the owl TWICE
watch the crook of the tree for the door

Ragons

I get the door when I finish the fiddle lesson first.
When I complete the fiddle lesson I'm on the balcony. I featherfall down, the door always appears at the tree in Hyrsam room. I have no problem getting in.
Hope this helps.

Mr Blue

March 2006
I get the door when I finish the fiddle lesson first.
When I complete the fiddle lesson I'm on the balcony. I featherfall down, the door always appears at the tree in Hyrsam room. I have no problem getting in.
Hope this helps.
Guys, you are making this way too complex.
  1. Enter quest
  2. Wait for Hyrsam talking to complete
  3. Talk to Owl
  4. Talk to Owl AGAIN
  5. The door will appear at the foot of the tree
  6. Enter door
  7. Talk to unicorn
  8. Loot chest
Here is a video:

Dredre9987

Guys, you are making this way too complex.
  1. Enter quest
  2. Wait for Hyrsam talking to complete
  3. Talk to Owl
  4. Talk to Owl AGAIN
  5. The door will appear at the foot of the tree
  6. Enter door
  7. Talk to unicorn
  8. Loot chest
Here is a video:
This is how it works a majority of the time, sometimes it does not but the door cycles through a few locations anyways.

Mr Blue

March 2006
This is how it works a majority of the time, sometimes it does not but the door cycles through a few locations anyways.
I have never seen this not work and even if it doesn't, you are in the first room, wouldn't it be easier to recall and reset then run through the whole quest hoping to get the door in some random location? You are in the FIRST room, how much time and investment do you have?

Keeya

I have never seen this not work and even if it doesn't, you are in the first room, wouldn't it be easier to recall and reset then run through the whole quest hoping to get the door in some random location? You are in the FIRST room, how much time and investment do you have?
Exactly what I did.

Out of the 3 accounts I ran through there, two of them ran back out (faster than recalling and teleport is locked) when the door didn't pop, reset the quest and got the door on the second try.

Dredre9987

Oh absolutely, I am just trying to clarify the mechanic to some folks.