Few questions about Vecna Unleashed before buying it..

lppmor

So, a few questions about the expansion:

- Are the quests straighforward? (I mean, not many puzzles, downtime, etc?)
- Can I do the quests in any order? (because I already saw some quests I don't like at all)
- Is Machrotech good to splash as a caster? (specifically the Hammer SLA, which seems really powerful for my Primal electric/cold caster)

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
So, a few questions about the expansion:

- Are the quests straighforward? (I mean, not many puzzles, downtime, etc?)
- Can I do the quests in any order? (because I already saw some quests I don't like at all)
- Is Machrotech good to splash as a caster? (specifically the Hammer SLA, which seems really powerful for my Primal electric/cold caster)
The answers to the first two questions:
  • Mostly. The majority of the puzzles in these quests are optional; there are a couple of compulsory puzzles in Grand Theft Aureon and one in The Bark and the Blade, but otherwise I think that's it.
  • Yes, there's no fixed order, although some of the later quests in Part Two don't make as much sense plotwise if you skipped the previous chain.
I've not tried Machrotechnic yet, so I can't comment on it.

Marshal_Lannes

1. Most are linear. A few aren't.
2. Yes.
3. When you say "good" what does that mean? Maximum DPS? Fun to play? Something different?

Scrag

The gear is as sad as it gets if you have iod
So I have seen this statement a few times, and looked through the bonuses in lamina postings.

Sharn is all great and wonder 15-17 (including soul splitter) to mid/way high in the epics. But doesn't the ultra flexibility of Vecna gear mean you can patch holes in your gear and still get bonuses? If you look at a sharn 3 piece set and assume 2 or 3 other fixed items, wouldn't Vecna be ideal for squeezing _something_ more out of your equipped gear?

DBZ

If you have mythic reaper bonuses on your current gear set then iod and vecna can be downgrades 1 single stat point will not recoup the losses from losing 3-4 dcs, or 70 melee - ranged power or prr mrr if your a tank and then theres the new reaper bonuses like ac on armors for tanks
SSS gear is already amazing at filling in blanks

Scrag

@DBZ I fully agree, but I have all of like, 3 items with reaper and mythic. It's one or the other generally (off and on player for less than a year).

Not enough rpoints to go chatting with the rvendor in the hall yet. If I didn't have altitis (thank CoH for that), I would definitely have a lot more rpoints on a "main".

With that in mind, would you say until my gear has been replaced with m+r bonus gear, that it would have a case for use?

DBZ

Focus on 1 alt do all your etrs and frag grinds they add up i just built a new optimized etr set for the next one

Refarmed a slave lords set for 28 since so sick and tired of devs ever giving us any fun gear to use until 29

Using a reaper panosophic helm level 28 and iod won't fn let me use it so iod meh

Forged my first reaper ring legendary spinneret 3 dcs on 1 ring slot with set bonus working on the 2nd now

Legendary sora kell with 2 set bonuses or reach for the sky but i have no luck on sharns

If it doesn't have rings its a waste of my time

Scrag

Focus on 1 alt do all your etrs and frag grinds they add up i just built a new optimized etr set for the next one

Refarmed a slave lords set for 28 since so sick and tired of devs ever giving us any fun gear to use until 29

Forged my first reaper ring legendary spinneret 3 dcs on 1 ring slot with set bonus working on the 2nd now

Legendary sora kell with 2 set bonuses or reach for the sky but i have no luck on sharns
(whistles).

I may do that this coming life, leave my current alt in progress at 32 for raiding/fun when I finish and just focus on my other alt. The problem is I have so many different classes/themes/concept chars that I want to play that doing it all on one char feels like I wouldnt get to "experience" the feeling for very long before tr'ing.

Hope that makes sense.

DBZ

Do all those on your itrs and racials after wards 1 good aoe build for etrs grind em till there done

DBZ

They fixed that vendor you can do it with 0 points now you just get an error message but it works

DBZ

The first mountain you have to climb on a useless caster alt with no HPLS is Sharn dcs you get those working

Then you can work on all the other problems every tr on the roll easy enough

Col Kurtz

the quests themselves are fun and most have more of the older school feel than the sharn.

its definitely worht the 20$ cheap pack(maybe its 30$ now? i think there was a pre release discount?)... the high-end stuff is nice, but I dont go for double cheese on my pizza.(why would you want a thief hire in epic anyway? unless he could disarm the spike pit in rakim's)

loot, as others said, is a mystery to why its so average to sub par compared to other 32 equipment.

why sharn filigrees dont drop is another wonder that kills the replay value

there is a saga reward...at least/ another xp gem for ETRing

Reactions: DBZ

DBZ

I already cap out before finshing my feywild saga every life really don't need more though

And feywild has reaper rings