Finding Groups

BurgerBash

I'm having trouble finding groups for quests and dungeons. It sometimes feels like the game is quite empty even though I play on one of the more populated servers (Orien) and whenever I use the LFG function to look for a groups doing quests there are only ever around 9-12 groups in the section altogether and even fewer that are looking for things in my level range (11) Am I missing something? Is there some other group finding function or resource that I am not aware of?

Epiriam

Often people hold off on taking specific levels so they can still do certain levels of content "overleveled". For example, I do all the lvl 16 quests at lvl 18, because on elite + they're treated as lvl 18. This is because of the 50% increase in exp needed to lvl to 20 after your second TR.

Marshal_Lannes

Hardcore League is going on right now. That always has a rather dramatic effect on the population of all the other servers as players migrate to test their fate. In a few weeks, you'll see more people go back to their home servers as they have either achieved the rewards they want on Hardcore or have died one too many times.

SynysterMixer

I'm having trouble finding groups for quests and dungeons. It sometimes feels like the game is quite empty even though I play on one of the more populated servers (Orien) and whenever I use the LFG function to look for a groups doing quests there are only ever around 9-12 groups in the section altogether and even fewer that are looking for things in my level range (11) Am I missing something? Is there some other group finding function or resource that I am not aware of?
Hardcore League is going on, which i would say takes ~20% of player base, from Argo at least. And it all does depend on what server you are on http://ddoracle.com/ helps to let you know which servers are more populated, especially during your play time.