Gah Level 2

Buddha5440

So on my Racial TR train and its the first time in a while i dont have enough XP tokens to start on level 3.

I know its not much of a difference but i dislike a level 2 start :) I have Saltmarch gear waiting for me at 3, then lvl 5,10,15,21, 29 sets but level 2 ... puke :)

What are the chances of:

1. Perma daily gold rolls for VIP
2. An option to start at level 3 after you have TR'd (ETR, RTR, HTR or ITR total) more than [pick a number between 5 and 100]

I like level 3 as I can still run level 1 quests if i want to ... level 4 would be better to get Reaper enhancements going but i know thats asking too much

But level 2 ,, yucky :)

PS: I know it just takes a few quests to get to 3 but still - i dont like it :)
Veteran status is more like...'This character came onto the shore of Korthos after having adventured elsewhere for a time'

Reincarnation is...'You start a NEW life (hence lv 1) with some small remembrance of your past life.'

NOT a good idea.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I"m with Buddha5440. I just did a TR and I'm starting from scratch. I only did a little bit of Korthos, but that was mostly just to get the Coin Lord favor. To me you should be starting out at the base (all pink and squishy like), and building up from there. Yeah... it's a little tedious, but I kinda like re-doing some of these adventures on an old toon with new eyes so to speak. :)

AbyssalMage

I know. I just didn't think it was a good idea, there essentially removed three level 2 quests and added two level three quests. Level 3 didn't need any more quests, it already had the most-est.
There are certain levels which need a boost.

I don't TR as frequently as the majority of the people here but I don't remember either level being xp deficient. So I have to agree that it was a waste of resources and poor idea. Then again I am getting used to businesses wasting money. They are conditioning us, the populace as a whole, to accept it.

On a cynical note, maybe they are going for round 3 of xp nerfs? Slowing down the TR trains must be a top priority by now.

Darkwolfer2002

Yes, I hate not being 5 ASAP lol. I think we could convince them to do daily gold rolls if we beg them to and just remove the "good stuff they losing money on" out of the rolls. I honestly don't see how they losing money but I also don't see their numbers. It makes me sick to think people purchase some of these items... but to each their own.

Ying

5000+ hours played
It would be awesome if Veteran I or II applied to TR'd characters, even if there was an additional one-time cost to unlock that for TR'd characters. I personally hate the low levels of this game because you have no gear, no buttons to push, your attack speed is slow (or your spell selection is lame), and you move slow.

But I'm not holding my breath for it to happen. In the mean time, I'll just squirrel away dice rolls in between TRs.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
There are certain levels which need a boost.

I don't TR as frequently as the majority of the people here but I don't remember either level being xp deficient. So I have to agree that it was a waste of resources and poor idea. Then again I am getting used to businesses wasting money. They are conditioning us, the populace as a whole, to accept it.

On a cynical note, maybe they are going for round 3 of xp nerfs? Slowing down the TR trains must be a top priority by now.
Yes to both of your points. I agree.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
Veteran I:
- 1st Life = Level 4
- 2nd Life = Level 3
- 3rd+ Life = Level 2

Veteran II:
- 1st Life = Level 7
- 2nd Life = Level 5
- 3rd+ Life = Level 3

Veteran III:
- 1st Life = Level 10
- 2nd Life = Level 7
- 3rd+ Life = Level 4

Maybe base Veteran status on the number of Past Lives earned on an account, rather than Favor rewards? Perhaps 50 PLs per Status level? Once you get that many reincarnations, do you really need to hit Korthos or Keep again?

Br4d

I usually upgrade my daily Silver roll to Gold, just because its not too hard to earn the AS just farming some SXP or Dino Bones each week, especially if you get lucky with a rare filigree or augment drop. Its one of the better things to actually spend AS on, for exactly the reason you're now discovering :)

Though I agree, being able to apply Vet 4 status after TRing would be a huge QOL prize to be able to unlock somehow. Vet 7 is obviously too far, but Vet 4 is just streamlining what saving your XP stones does anyway, and they already said they dont like people hoarding stones, so make it moot.

I think the new character restriction of vet status 1, 2 and 3 (when available) is a relic of times past.

Really we should be able to take all level 1 TR's to 4 and 7 and maybe if they ever sell it to 10.

This would be a great catchup device for newer/casual players and it would encourage vets to get alts on the TR train.

mikarddo

Veteran I:
- 1st Life = Level 4
- 2nd Life = Level 3
- 3rd+ Life = Level 2

Veteran II:
- 1st Life = Level 7
- 2nd Life = Level 5
- 3rd+ Life = Level 3

Veteran III:
- 1st Life = Level 10
- 2nd Life = Level 7
- 3rd+ Life = Level 4

Maybe base Veteran status on the number of Past Lives earned on an account, rather than Favor rewards? Perhaps 50 PLs per Status level? Once you get that many reincarnations, do you really need to hit Korthos or Keep again?
Sounds good if tied to also being VIP so SSG has a continual income from it.

Only by tying it to VIP does this have any chance of ever happening.

Last edited:

mbartol

Murder Hobo

Hey, any perks for VIP would work.

The new Loyalty program was very underwhelming, and poorly designed in my opinion.

Br4d

They could sell the accelerated starts on a character-by-character basis.

I'd probably pay 3995DP to be able to flag my main as a vet with level 4 or level 7 options.

I'd probably pay 3995 twice to flag her as that with the addition of vet level 10. So 3995 for vet level 3 and then 3995 for the ability to TR using the vet options.

I have dozens of pots saved up from gold rolls over the years and I only break them occasionally for slayers or Otto's stones or if I have a hot night at the races planned. I'd probably use them more often if I was starting out at 10 and really wanted to get the life out of the way.

mikarddo

They could sell the accelerated starts on a character-by-character basis.

I'd probably pay 3995DP to be able to flag my main as a vet with level 4 or level 7 options.

I'd probably pay 3995 twice to flag her as that with the addition of vet level 10. So 3995 for vet level 3 and then 3995 for the ability to TR using the vet options.

I have dozens of pots saved up from gold rolls over the years and I only break them occasionally for slayers or Otto's stones or if I have a hot night at the races planned. I'd probably use them more often if I was starting out at 10 and really wanted to get the life out of the way.

Included in VIP and 3995 per character otherwise for level 4 (I dont think they should add level 7 or 10) would sound about right.
I think that would be a win-win for the players and SSG. Happier players AND more earnings for SSG :)