Game crashing when launched on Steam

azrael4h

Pretty much the title. There's no launcher, no window, just immediately crashes on Steam, in Windows 10. I attempted to use the tips in the support article, and they're as useless as feet on a fish. Running as admin is also worthless. Game is allowed in the firewall, no error messages, no log file showing in the install folder.

I just left Linux because of other problems, where DDO worked fine under both WINE and Proton, and in Windows it doesn't run...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Can also manually bypass steam's overhead by going into the folder where DNDlauncher.exe is installed and launching it directly (can pin that app to your taskbar/startmenu/shortcut to desktop to make it easier to launch that way when desired).

Coffey

Can also manually bypass steam's overhead by going into the folder where DNDlauncher.exe is installed and launching it directly (can pin that app to your taskbar/startmenu/shortcut to desktop to make it easier to launch that way when desired).

I would suggest trying this first too. Steam client is modified so the DDO client from the website may be worth a try after that.

azrael4h

I would suggest trying this first too. Steam client is modified so the DDO client from the website may be worth a try after that.
Tried it, when I tried running as admin. Doesn't work.

Downloading the standalone client works at least. I guess only the Steam version is broken.

Coffey

Tried it, when I tried running as admin. Doesn't work.

Downloading the standalone client works at least. I guess only the Steam version is broken.

The Steam install may just need some tweaking if that is what you prefer to use.

Haphazard

I'm getting a crash on the standalone client now as well. Crashes after the load screen before character screen. If I reset default graphics in the options I get a DirectX error so it may be an driver incompatibility issue? I'm sure this happened last year at some point.

azrael4h

Well I spoke to soon. Still can't get it to run properly. Tries to run in 640x480 resolution; which I'm not even sure my monitor supports properly, changing to a proper resolution crashes to desktop.

I ditched Linux and now even more **** is broken and unusable because of the Windows malware.