Game Down?

majorhavoc

SAME, *** is going on, SSG gets huge piles of money from us and can't be bothered to reboot the server????????
Get your $hit together guys or I want a refund, which is it going to be???

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
FYI for support for our community: making a new post so that hopefully people can find this without going through a multiple page thread.

This doesn't use any third party apps, but instead uses available info from the Wiki concerning executable command line arguments.

Right click your DDO shortcut, or create a new one to DNDLauncher.exe

SOCzIBQ.png

Then, in the Target line, make sure to add in the flag -disablepatch then Apply / Save. Make sure to Run as Admin

Mine looks like this:

"F:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Dungeons and Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -disablepatch

But yours may look like: "C:\Promgrams Files(x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons and Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -disablepatch

RJZlPCt.png

You will need to run the shortcut as an Admin. You can do this by right-clicking the newly modified shortcut and choosing the 'Run as Administrator' option or right-click -> go to Properties, click on Advanced, then check the box for Run As Administrator

F7A02nu.png

Again: not a hack or sketchy etc., just using built-in executable arguments that the company provides. No risk here.

**special note** once SSG fixes their patcher, please remember to remove this -disablepatch command line argument we use in our shortcut
All hail the goat.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I tried this and got the launcher to run, however, once I try logging into a server the game crashes giving me the error "Game Error: You do not have the current version of the client installed."
This is weird. It worked for me without issue. Was it a while ago since you logged in (so you didn't have the newest patch) or does SSG or RNG god just hate you?

bellakins

gave me the same error "Game Error: You do not have the current version of the client installed." I just played last night , i really wanna play now that i have some time i hope they fix it soon

Suggs

This is weird. It worked for me without issue. Was it a while ago since you logged in (so you didn't have the newest patch) or does SSG or RNG god just hate you?
I was playing this morning (PST). Unfortunately I was logging in and out of the game doing my gold rolls on different servers when I couldn't get back in game. :confused: So yeah...SSG must hate me.

Archest

just right clicked properties on the desktop icon and made sure it was "run Administer " was checked . log in went fine after, didn't change the target properties at all.

majorhavoc

Hey all:

Here's my current modified launcher shortcut, works just fine for me at the moment:

(right clicked my shortcut, went to Properties, then in the target line):

"F:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Dungeons and Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -skiprawdownload -disablepatch

Of course, once this is resolved, I'll remove those two executable arguments

Thanks CME for sharing the good word!
-skiprawdownload -disablepatch Worked just fine