[Ghallanda] Tyrs Paladium is Hiring! "The 30-70+ Year Olds' Guild"

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

We are BLESSED to have met Wissppaa, Jaddeen, Atona_Singe, and Decarus as they have each been accepted into our humble abode.

Welcome to Tyrs Paladium Yall!

September has been kind to us. Who's next?

Gold-Treasure-on-Beach-DnD-5e.jpg

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

RAID NIGHT was successful and hella fun tonight. Fatty and Skinny got wrecked. Just wanted to publically THANK the members of Tyrs Paladium and the Ghallanda Fellowship for sticking together after ALL THESE YEARS. From the heart.

We are BACK to weekly raiding and we'd like to offer ANY GUILD on Ghallanda a chance to run with us on our raid nights. The EASIEST WAY to do this is to bring your guild into the FELLOWSHIP. But if you just want to try it all out beforehand and do a DUAL GUILD RUN, HELL YES LETS GET IT ON!!!

Let me know, G.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Welcome Trune, Dharamlia and Fondil to Tyrs Paladium!

And Fondil already joined us last night for HIS VERY FIRST EVER RAID, Legendary Shroud (we got him flagged too right before the raid)! You talk about brave!!! You will do just fine in Tyrs.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Do YOU want to raid or LEARN how to raid from PATIENT, FRIENDLY non-elitist minded adults that play FOR FUN and RELAXATION?

We STILL have fun playing DDO after all these years.

JOIN US and find your way!

QcgzFVL.png

Last edited:

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Epic VoN Monday Oct 23, 9PM EDT ALL 20+ WELCOME​

What is YOUR GUILD doing this Monday? If you are a guild leader, talk to me... maybe we can reserve some spots!!! HURRY!! :)

** I know it's old, and the loot isn't that great anymore. But it's a red dragon Classic! Let's just have fun with it!

v52DncM.png

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

WELCOME TO TYRS in the last half of October and November Heiter, Nocturis, Rammilda Lightloop, Nallera Beckett, Kreedo, and Garask Hurozall !!!

Guntango

Could someone join with a little bit of drama but otherwise generally likable? Asking for Madator.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

In Tyrs, if you post what you'd like to work on in our TYRS SITUATION ROOM (on our guild forum), we'll gather the forces to party with you - so that you can ACHIEVE!

UWoYCHz.png

Whether you just started playing or a returning player or long time player, use the Situation Room to get those groups formed during your playtimes!

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Tyrs Paladium remains super active in DDO. Thanks to friends we've made over many years, we are proud to announce that that we have joined a 2nd Alliance, the Rebel Alliance.

The Ghallanda server offers more opportunities
to run raids in a drama free environment than ever before. If you want to be in a GUILD that RUNS TOGETHER, and has HISTORY, 16 YEARS STRONG of FRIENDSHIP & CAMARADERIE in DDO, then give us a chance and join Tyrs Paladium.

Tyrs Paladium, where TEAMWORK MATTERS.

ar3XovG.jpeg

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

2024 - Tyrs brings it to Ghallanda with a BANG!! If you are seeking a no drama experience with ADULTS, not kids, not burnt out adults that hate the game and are just playing to cheat, and are playing it OLD SCHOOL.....

Tyrs company is your ticket to ride ~~~

We would like to welcome all our new recruits so far this year!!

Shakenrattle, Stinbad, Valeknor, Orbry Alwel, Grumppa, Einarl, Berlindal Banch, Cassemir, Toradine Rockcrusher, Diarada DiR, Dixeynormous, Deechi House, and Greyfeather !!

Welcome to TYRS PALADIUM!!! Hope your having FUN!

(Remember Elminster resides here. Check out Elminster's SITUATION ROOM where EVERYONE can get into a run with Tyrs, except Elminster himself... he likes to sweep up in between guild runs and ya know... work hardly {..AHEMM...} hard! )

Last edited:

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Admit it, you are TIRED OF GRINDING. TIRED OF RUNNING SOLO. TIRED OF PUGS!! Or tired of being in a guild where you either don't know anybody or haven't seen them IN AGES!

Maybe you are new, or just returning after a long layoff and are looking for some direction and camaraderie.

If anything above resembles your situation -- give Tyrs Paladium a STRONG LOOK.

Because why get your shiny alone when... it's always more fun to get that shiny IN PARTY with FRIENDS!

19fzhlzth9s86jpg.jpg

Application sent for Aesopss on website. Looking for a more active guild. I used to play with Budstein's guild, but everyone seems to have left game or moved to Orien

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
I have been kicked out of this guild today for asking questions and trying to learn something as a new player. This was my first interaction within the guild and I just tried to understand another playing style than mine, and in five minutes, after only 6 genuine and polite questions I was out without a word, breaking no rules at all. I have screenshots of the conversation.

Tyrs Paladium is not a (new player) friendly guild.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Welcome to Tyrs Paladium adventurers! Aternaus, Mayapple, Orthalo Fellwind, Valdarl, Rezimodos, gennnnn, Roasline Ghiselda, Rogrir Havenmark, ArteMyst - we are pumped to have ya'll join us!! We love new and returning players that want to play together in a discrimination free, drama free environment.

Tyrs Paladium is one of the longest running active guilds in the game -- and much of that reason is our organization by our guild leader from the start in 2008, Paks!

No Drama, No Zerg. No BS. Thats our promise to each new guildie. It always was. And it always will be! WE RUN IT OLD SCHOOL.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

I have been kicked out of this guild today for asking questions and trying to learn something as a new player. This was my first interaction within the guild and I just tried to understand another playing style than mine, and in five minutes, after only 6 genuine and polite questions I was out without a word, breaking no rules at all. I have screenshots of the conversation.

Tyrs Paladium is not a (new player) friendly guild.

Howdy Yulrem,

I have investigated what happened here and I think I know now what happened and why. I thank you for chatting with me privately in the PMs here! The communication is insightful.

I look forward to chatting with you on Discord, as you seem like a GREAT person and if we dropped the ball, as it appears that we may have, I have no problem admitting it and learning from it. And if this makes us a better guild or brings us closer to our core roots when we launched in 2008, then we are ALL BETTER FOR IT.

Thanks.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
Howdy Yulrem,

I have investigated what happened here and I think I know now what happened and why. I thank you for chatting with me privately in the PMs here! The communication is insightful.

I look forward to chatting with you on Discord, as you seem like a GREAT person and if we dropped the ball, as it appears that we may have, I have no problem admitting it and learning from it. And if this makes us a better guild or brings us closer to our core roots when we launched in 2008, then we are ALL BETTER FOR IT.

Thanks.

Hi Leslie,

The whole thing is weirdly off and no part of it feels right.

As I said, "I play for the stories. Every story is interesting the first time. From my perspective, ‘learning the content’ would make the game way less interesting. But I know that's not the case for everyone so I tried to understand their perspective."

It happened very quickly, absolutely not called for and acted on with an immediate kick without any word or warning in less than 5 minutes after 6 simple and polite questions from a new player. It felt like a usual practice, a casual thing they do.

Your explanation “the guildies that you were speaking to in guild chat had no idea just how new to MMOs and DDO you were, and even though it still shouldnt matter how new you were, I think much got lost in the jargon on what they assumed and what you knew about the game.” is not only way less than enough but also doesn’t make any sense.
What jargon? What could they possibly reasonably assume? And no warning at all?

You also mentioned “reports from the guild leader that contradict what you state in our recruitment thread.”
There’s a three-letter word for things contradicting truth...

And it tells a lot that neither those involved nor the guild leadership contacted me. You did but only after I sent a public post to the DDO forum.

Being kicked out like this isn't a casual thing for me, it was shocking. I know mistakes happen and I was open to hearing some explanation but none of my concerns have been cleared up in your messages.
It seems like you are the only one who tries to do something and even you, from the inside, couldn’t actually find out anything. Likely no one was willing to give you an explanation or take the responsibility and that's why you are still just guessing, which is sad.

There seems to be a serious inherent guild mentality issue there.
These all add up painting a picture of a certain type of community I’d rather not be part of.

I appreciate your intentions, but I don’t see the point of “chatting” on discord. I would likely feel very uncomfortable around these kinds of people.

I wish you all the best.
Have a good game.

Last edited:

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

We wish you the best Yulrem. Unfortunately, this just wont work out. Perhaps a personality conflict. Perhaps something else. This is not the correct place to air out guild business, but since you went public, I will address it in one post. I instantly tried giving you the benefit of the doubt (as we always do whenever dealing with conflict -- which fortunately is extremely rare around these parts) and was able to chat with several officers who were present and read screen shots from several guildies. I enjoyed speaking with you in private, which I did in order to understand what you feel may have happened. I admitted to you that we could have done better in communicating with you, and that I would like to get to the bottom of it. I'm big enough to admit that. In this day and age, admitting fault is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength, resolve, progress and just good etiquite.

As a matter of fact, guildies spent quite a bit of time in guild chat before a guild raid answering your questions, gladly I might add, as we do every day for new guildies. In your case we are not talking about just 6 questions. All of your questions were answered, and then some. Based on your communication with them, often times you came off snarky, and officers surmised that you were just not a good fit.

Every guildie is important to us, especially our new recruits. I went to bat for you, not even knowing who you are, and played Devil's Advocate for you. I offered you an olive branch to have a meeting of the minds to see if we can find a bridge.

I would have gladly spoken to you one on one as well if you were more comfortable with that. Our door is always open here. Our guildies are typically very patient, and have been welcoming newcomers to DDO since 2008, regardless of game skill level or abilities. We always will do this because its our passion. Cameraderie is very much a part of the DDO experiece for us! Thats not BS.

Unfortunately, we can't make EVERYONE happy, even when we open our arms as we do for all of our new recruits.

At this point, lets shake hands and wish each other the best. My truest appologies that you did not have a good experience in Tyrs. DDO is such a fun game that can be played for many, many years. We truly hope that you find a guild fit that gets you excited to log in and play the game!

Last edited: