Good Morning Khyber

Hakushi

Hello everyone, I haven't played in a while (around 3 years), looks like a lot has changed in the game.

FaustianBargain

Hello everyone, I haven't played in a while (around 3 years), looks like a lot has changed in the game.
Indeed. I’m assuming you can figure out the new content, classes/archetypes, and gear. Epic destinies are probably the biggest adjustment. Most of it’s straightforward enough (+13 is apparently still better than +12) although the set bonuses are becoming a bit more difficult to work out. Ultimately though, if you had a level 15 or 17 Sharn set you liked, that and a couple of supplemental Cannith crafted, Saltmarsh epic, Borderland, or traditional epic gear is enough to get you to 29/30 when you’ll swap in legendary gear.

A couple of things that might not be so evident:

If you have a bagful of mushrooms or the quenched/etc weapons from ToEE they may be worth a bit. The old ingredients stopped dropping with the rework but there’s a legacy workbench and some of them are nice leveling gear.

They dropped the old seal/scroll/shard epic crafting, you can convert all of those that you have into bag ingredients specific to the pack at Lahar. For instance all of the Lord of Dust chain scrolls/shards/seals crunch into crystallized spiderwebs. So some of things that were a pain to make epic are now quite accessible and what was 40 bag spaces becomes one. They also have legendary versions which aren’t hard to make with a bit of running around the Saltmarsh wilderness for one of the ingredients - they lag behind new gear, but are viable substitutes until you get the shinies.

Make sure you go to the Hall of Heroes, on the level with the Reincarnation Grove there should be some traders who will give treasure elixirs (I think) for any of the races or classes you bought that are now free.