GRAB MY MONEY!!!

erethizon1

Is this the last attempt to get money before the servers go down? +3 tome of racial APs is very powerful where all other expansions where +1 universal tomes or +1 racial tomes.

This sounds too good to be true. It strikes me as a last minute tactic to get as much money out of players before the demise of DDO with the state of the server lag has been for all game worlds. :(

Hopefully it is not and just SSG making the ultimate bundle really worth the price!
Like those other expansions this is really just a plus 1 ap. Any serious character already has the 2 racial ap tome, so this is just 1 more plus a catch up mechanism for characters that have fallen behind on racial ap tomes (and people are always asking for catch up mechanisms in this game).

erethizon1

I think it started when they realised they can force people to buy stuff with $ instead of DDO points by making everything a mini expansion. That's when the downhill roll started.

Was it borderlands the last 'pack' you could get for DDO points on release?
Grip of the Hidden Hand I would assume, since that was the last pack they released.

Bjond

Here in Sweden it is expensive, but that is because our dear swedish crown ... falling like a stone last years. I had to skip 10 Big mac and co here in Sweden more or less. How many Big mac and co do the Ultimate cost in other countries?
Big-Mac deals here in the US vary hugely depending on location, but call it ~$10 for Mac+Coke+Fries. A decent lunch in my area runs ~$20. So, ultimate bundle is worth 13x disgusting lunches or 6 tasty ones.

The thing you should ask, though, is how hungry are you willing to get? Is that 13 or just 6? Because according to SSG, this is the most powerful expansion in creation, able to blow your head clean off. So, tell us, do you feel hungry?

Indyanna

Here in Sweden it is expensive, but that is because our dear swedish crown ... falling like a stone last years. I had to skip 10 Big mac and co here in Sweden more or less. How many Big mac and co do the Ultimate cost in other countries?
cost about 20 of those in Australia.. our $ is terrible

Edit: ok so I looked up how much they are.. for a small meal it's $12.35 so ok it's 16 (small) Big Mac meals lol

Zikepike

Is there any advantage in 'pre-paying' other than having earlier access to a few non-quest content things (new race, racial tome, cosmetics, etc). I assume post release bundle prices will be the same as pre-release.

Justfungus

hmmm, nope keeping my money at this time.
The yawn factor (for me) is up there with the Fey Wild launch.
might pick up the tree when it hits the coin store down the road.

Oliphant

Big mac index is helpful but I do it for the teleport clickie so for me its in terms of Uber rides. Four uber rides or so I guess.

Genkiba

Like those other expansions this is really just a plus 1 ap. Any serious character already has the 2 racial ap tome, so this is just 1 more plus a catch up mechanism for characters that have fallen behind on racial ap tomes (and people are always asking for catch up mechanisms in this game).
I kept missing the +2 racial tome. It was up for a day by mistake once, but I hesitated and then it was gone again.

DarkSkysz

It started when player numbers droped to low thousands and living expenses kept rising. They need the money.

They probably hired someone obsessed with fomo and figured if they do not fix bank problem but monetize it and add a sprinkles of power creep and cosmetics, people will bite their hands off. And sadly they were right, people do not have self control.

Most players will think "oh i have spent 10-50 000 hours in this game already and hundreds/thousands of (insert currency), it would be a waste if i do not spend another 300 dollars on fomo items this year!"

I think, LOL, for the price of coffers or expansion i can buy 2 to 5 full games on steam. Pass.

Totally agreed. If ssg really needs that money to survive, they are doing it TOTALLY WRONG. You can't just overprice your stuff like that and think people will mass buy it. Some randons with spare money will, but that won't be near what they could get with fair prices. $50 for the ultimate was more than enough for what it offers.

I mean, ffs $130 is enough to buy multiple games. Enough for hundreads of hours of gameplay. While here, in this expansion, you will get 2 hours max, then only replays.

At this point, I rather see the ssg go bankrupt so another company can claim the license and start a new, and hopefuly better, DnD game.

Hero

...it's on the lips of the people.
i'm afraid to see the loot. i gots a feeling it's going to blow everything else out there out of the water. like some crazy gourmet ^%#* gear.

any idea when we get a first glimpse ?

Archaic

Is this the last attempt to get money before the servers go down? +3 tome of racial APs is very powerful where all other expansions where +1 universal tomes or +1 racial tomes.

This sounds too good to be true. It strikes me as a last minute tactic to get as much money out of players before the demise of DDO with the state of the server lag has been for all game worlds. :(

Hopefully it is not and just SSG making the ultimate bundle really worth the price!
Or it's to fund better hardware

Mornyngstar

In Maine it is 17 Big Macs and cokes.

ChaoticDrivel

This thread has highlighted something crucial indeed...

People need to up their burger game! Seriously...don't suffer Big Macs in life. You can do better :p

-----------------------------------

As for the bundle itself...There are some useful things in there, for sure. But as much as I want to support the game - I can't get behind such prices. As people already mentioned - you can buy several full, and complete games, for the same price as the ultimate bundle.

Happy for the people to whom it represents value.

Marshal_Lannes

Ultimate bundle is an excellent deal. I would have spent $150. So I'm basically getting $20 off. I'm glad they are finally dipping their toes into catch-up mechanics with the +3 racial tome. Now any character I ever roll up gets 3 more APs. That in itself is worth $80. Adding in some great cosmetics, bank space, character slots, a unique mount we haven't seen before and this package is going to be popular.