GRAB MY MONEY!!!

Jeronimo

Playing since 2006
Here in Sweden it is expensive, but that is because our dear swedish crown ... falling like a stone last years. I had to skip 10 Big mac and co here in Sweden more or less. How many Big mac and co do the Ultimate cost in other countries?
I think that it's more traditional to measure in Big Macs only. In Sweden, one Big Mac is 45 SEK. So the expansion pack here is 30 Big Macs. 😁

Driaza

This is my main hobby / passtime

Happy to fork out a couple of hundred bucks every few months

What some folks dont seem to understand is that this is not a big studio selling to a mass market

This is an extremely niche game with a very low population and some of those players are completely Free to Play

I am not a whale - i am a middle aged father with a couple of hours to play most days (if that)

If players like me dont buy / support this game then it really will be lights out!

Shear-buckler

This is my main hobby / passtime

Happy to fork out a couple of hundred bucks every few months

What some folks dont seem to understand is that this is not a big studio selling to a mass market

This is an extremely niche game with a very low population and some of those players are completely Free to Play

I am not a whale - i am a middle aged father with a couple of hours to play most days (if that)

If players like me dont buy / support this game then it really will be lights out!

I think the problem is that a lot of players would be far better off just spending the $100 on DDO points instead of the ultimate bundle. I want to spend money on the game but I am not paying $100 for a measly racial AP that I can pick up for 500 points in 6 months.

Driaza

I think the problem is that a lot of players would be far better off just spending the $100 on DDO points instead of the ultimate bundle. I want to spend money on the game but I am not paying $100 for a measly racial AP that I can pick up for 500 points in 6 months.
Ok compared to the base eddition where you get the content and Eladrin only you are paying for $90 (not $100) for the following which for me are great and i would consider buying at the store / ddo points:

A new Archetype
More character slots (3)
An iconic race
Character bank slots
Shared account slots
Teleport to Myth drannor
the carpet

is that worth $90? i dont know do the math. Also the +3 Racial Tome is for EVERY character. again do the math. How many active alts do you have (some may have 10+)

Then there are things that i would not buy but i am thankful they are in there:

the 2 hirelings
Dimensional folder for 1 alt

Me personally im not interested in the other cosmetics/ pets/ steeds but someone may enjoy those

Given that its $40 for the base increase I personally dont mind supporting the game with another $90

And for me it is alot of new stuff for that $90

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I think that it's more traditional to measure in Big Macs only. In Sweden, one Big Mac is 45 SEK. So the expansion pack here is 30 Big Macs. 😁
I feel a treatise on the floating Vs fixed international exchange rate of Big Macs may be in order. 😂👍

CHAPTER 1:

One must remember that the value of Big Macs may vary internationally, as may the value of the UFB. 😂

Shear-buckler

Ok compared to the base eddition where you get the content and Eladrin only you are paying for $90 (not $100) for the following which for me are great and i would consider buying at the store / ddo points:

A new Archetype
More character slots (3)
An iconic race
Character bank slots
Shared account slots
Teleport to Myth drannor
the carpet

is that worth $90? i dont know do the math. Also the +3 Racial Tome is for EVERY character. again do the math. How many active alts do you have (some may have 10+)

Then there are things that i would not buy but i am thankful they are in there:

the 2 hirelings
Dimensional folder for 1 alt

Me personally im not interested in the other cosmetics/ pets/ steeds but someone may enjoy those

Given that its $40 for the base increase I personally dont mind supporting the game with another $90

And for me it is alot of new stuff for that $90
Good for you.

I get the archetype free as VIP, I don't play alts, I don't use hierlings, I don't need more bank space and I find the cosmetics to be ugly.

I'd rather support the game by buying DDO points, that would give me a lot more value.

My feedback is that bundle completely fails to entice me in any meaningful way. It's a real shame.

Marshal_Lannes

Good for you.

I get the archetype free as VIP, I don't play alts, I don't use hierlings, I don't need more bank space and I find the cosmetics to be ugly.

I'd rather support the game by buying DDO points, that would give me a lot more value.

My feedback is that bundle completely fails to entice me in any meaningful way. It's a real shame.
You really don't need to say the same thing, multiple times, in multiple threads. We get it. I find the I don't play alts, I hate cosmetics, I don't need bank space arguments monotonous. The vast majority of players do all these things. How do I know? DDO wouldn't keep putting bank space in premium packages if it weren't in high demand. Virtually every character with Wings, reaper or otherwise, I see in the game has some form of cosmetic on. It feels like you keep attempting to trivialize the Ultimate bundle to make yourself feel better for not buying it. No need to do that. We've all heard your input. Enjoy the standard edition. Every time I use the MD teleport I will be reminded of how happy I was when I got it - in fact every time I have to run to the harbor hut and go to Feywild because I didn't get that Ultimate Edition I'll be reminded how glad I was that I can go straight to MD!

Genkiba

Good for you.

Counterpoint:

My feedback:

The quiver and carpet are worth the price alone. The other cosmetics are nice as well.
I use hirelings at times, and a gold seal healer in mid-heroic is welcome. Now Larafey can concentrate on doing what she does best, blow stuff up.
More bank space is welcome.
More character slots are welcome.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I wonder what the bell curve is for sales. I suspect that they have done their research and hence have set different price points. There may even be a sales point at $5 that they have chosen not to do so as to not undermine the higher ones. But folks like me who spend very little RL $ on the game might have gone for that.

I suggest SSG create sales prices all the way, from a small anount (even $2) up to the current offering. $2 gets you, say, a 24hour pass to all the content.

The idea is, as you are thinking of spending X, you say ‘hey, I will spend that little bit more,’ whereas I won’t dip my toes in the water at the current prices. Just thinking out loud and how a cheapo like me operates.

Col Kurtz

Here in Sweden it is expensive, but that is because our dear swedish crown ... falling like a stone last years. I had to skip 10 Big mac and co here in Sweden more or less. How many Big mac and co do the Ultimate cost in other countries?
well, usually every 10th big mac requires a stomach pumping too....thats more than the meals themselves

Mornyngstar

Previous tomes stack. This is +3 generic racial, not +3 Racial (Myth Drannor), so it will "only" be +1 over the existing +2 Racial tomes that have existed for a long time.

The bundles give me mixed feelings.

As has become the usual, the middle bundle is a laughable waste of money. $40 for 2 cosmetics, a horse, the wild mage, 1 character slot, and a gold seal hireling? Unfathomable. I really can't see anybody looking at that option and thinking it's a good value. You're either going to go for the cheap option for the dungeons, or you're going to go nuts for the top package.

The top package has some stuff of value, but a dimensional hireling folder? Who needs more than one of those? In general, people who buy ultimate bundles are buying all of the ultimate bundles, so they already have the dimensional folder from Saltmarsh. Is a second one going to be valuable? It would have to be some strange edge case of someone who has TONS of hirelings and also plays multiple characters. Currently, the max number of gold seal hirelings you could have would be:
Onyx Panther
Alabaster Lion
Eleiri
2x Owlbear
2x Scarecrow
2x Shield Golem
2x Satyr
2x Frogo
2x Teal
2x Darling
2x New Eladrin Druid

That's 19, in a folder that holds 50, and a lot of people won't have the full list. Who habitually carries around more than 30 different regular hirelings?
As a matter of fact, I do. Thank you for reminding me that I need to add Eleiri to the new folder. I have many alts and bank toons (need to update my signature line since I just added 1 more bank toon today, still have 5 slots free now). In the Dimensional folders I keep all clerics that can cast Divine Vitality along with Wyoh, the lv 27, the lv 30 clerics also and Mykal (for DDoor) for a total of 35/50 slots used. The reason why I got the Dimensional Hireling Folder on the same server is that since I have so many alts/bank toons, I sometimes lose items (no comments about the lv 20 armor I lost for 4 months that an alt turned out to be wearing) and having a backup in the bank will make it easier.
(I know that I am nontypical and quite far from the average player.)

Col Kurtz

this Game could sure use a lesson in sale options for new packs

examples> cosmetics OR a heroic otto xp stone
> steed OR a stack of sovereign xp potions

lots of things I'd spend 130$ on...but I really don't want cosmetics or hirelings that are notoriously weak and buggy.... dont need a new steed... dont need more character slots

Star trek does this Option thing with their event rewards and store packs. Options kik butte;)

Oliphant

There is an issue with customers and choice paralysis though. On the other hand, there is a McCrispy A regular, B deluxe, C spicy, and D spicy deluxe, and there's like 3 quarter pounders now, so maybe you onto something.

Oliphant

First Needle in a Feystack gets me hungry for egg rolls, now I want Big Macs and McCrispys, this is brutal.

Col Kurtz

+3 racial tome for all! Gawds cursed, the power creep! Take my dough, screw the lag!
isn't there a Racial Tome drop from Gold dice too? I thought I remembered getting a +2 like that, and I assume it wouldn't stack with the +3 tome in this pack? Just be a +1 additional?