Half elf wizard Inscription

Jodro

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to ask if i have a half elf wizard with Dilettante feat Artificer (which enables me to use lvl1 artificer scrolls) does it also means that i can inscribe them? Probably not, which is a shame, but wanted to make sure.

If somehow it is possible to do it though, is it also possible to advance in half elf tree, inscribe some lvl 4 artificer spells (should be higher, loses usage of Insightful Damage), then reset the tree, do i keep the spells?

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Spell selection for inscription is class based, if it has an inscription option. Some spells are cross class though, i.e. repair and such.

Jodro

Spell selection for inscription is class based, if it has an inscription option. Some spells are cross class though, i.e. repair and such.
So not even with high UMD you can't inscript spells from other classes? Damn i thought wizards would be cooler than that

unbongwah

Just wanted to ask if i have a half elf wizard with Dilettante feat Artificer (which enables me to use lvl1 artificer scrolls) does it also means that i can inscribe them?
No, it just means you can use Artificer scrolls without passing a UMD check. Frankly the free exotic crossbow proficiencies are more useful IMO so you can pew-pew with repeaters at low levels without dipping Artificer. E.g., take Rapid Reload at level one then swap it out for another caster feat once you stop using xbows.