Hardcore Season 8 Attendance

Nimvind

Dirgesinger Bard of Sarlona
Was wondering how many of us is already committed to going to HC8 or is waiting to see the rewards (Hopefully and probably this Fridays @ 4) or in general don't like or want to go to Hardcore.

I will be going, though how much I will be there depends on my TR buddy, if he goes I'm living there till my goals are obtained.
If he doesn't, then I will go when Him and I are running.

I'd like to hear from my fellow server neighbors! Let me know :D

TrinityTurtle

My personal group is going. I actually like the experience of hardcore, so I go with or without them, they're mostly motivated by the rewards I think. But I enjoy the nostalgia of when I started playing ddo back in the day when Orion was just opened and everyone grouped like mad because no one had anything and it was a fun social scene. Hardcore is like that.

Nimvind

Dirgesinger Bard of Sarlona
My personal group is going. I actually like the experience of hardcore, so I go with or without them, they're mostly motivated by the rewards I think. But I enjoy the nostalgia of when I started playing ddo back in the day when Orion was just opened and everyone grouped like mad because no one had anything and it was a fun social scene. Hardcore is like that.
It gives me a new rush that I miss having while playing.

Savage

Phoenicis' Wife
I attend every Hardcore with my husband, can't wait to see the rewards and as always hope to make the 5k favors.

Sarlona Raiding

Unless there are too many unfun mechanics I'll participate. I didn't like the hound mechanics, but once you got past the first few levels they were actually much easier and more predictable than some of the special hardcore champions - especially compared to the earlier seasons when hardcore was more difficult than it is now.

Merovinjio

I just cant wait to be in the krothos village area to read the first kills and what is ''the main killer'' for this season.
Last time with the hound was so funny, i was so confused, a bit scared and a bit amused by the situation when messages of people killed by the hound appeared of the screen

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
Cordovan did post that we won't be shown what the rewards will be, other than the cloak already displayed, nor the 'secrets' until launch day, as it will all be ' new ' things not seen nor done yet, so that has really peaked my interest. I usually run, but it does depend if I wish for any of the 'stuff's. Good luck everyone !
*edit.. well.. those gold footsie prints have me hooked hehe !! Just saw them, did not think Cordo was going to show us more

Last edited:

Tremes

Most of my guild is attending, we don't really care so much for the rewards, tho they are nice to have, but more for the fun and challenge.

Livmo

I trap and eventually someone will get me killed while I'm trapping. Usually themselves and sometimes others that were standing close to me. Kinda gets old, because sometimes I get blamed and all I was doing was my job as a 1st life trapper :p

1oohg3.jpg

TrinityTurtle

I trap and eventually someone will get me killed while I'm trapping. Usually themselves and sometimes others that were standing close to me. Kinda gets old, because sometimes I get blamed and all I was doing was my job as a 1st life trapper :p
My group has decided I'm taking a second turn trapping (I trapped last season too). We're still waiting for Coddex to pick our name theme, he's waffling between three themes. LOL

QuantumFX

I'll definitely pop in for day one. But if the gimmick, and most of the players, are as useless as previous seasons, then I'll head back to Sarlona and characters that I actually care about.

Livmo

My group has decided I'm taking a second turn trapping (I trapped last season too). We're still waiting for Coddex to pick our name theme, he's waffling between three themes. LOL

You'll do great! Just be careful PUGin', because folks forget they're 1st life and get zergolicious.

BTW out of the blue I'm surprised nobody took the forum name Hashtango yet. Have you all considered the A-Team?

TrinityTurtle

You'll do great! Just be careful PUGin', because folks forget they're 1st life and get zergolicious.

BTW out of the blue I'm surprised nobody took the forum name Hashtango yet. Have you all considered the A-Team?
We take puggers every season, and we're honest with them at the start of every quest. If they stay with us we'll watch out for them. The healers will do their best to keep them alive, the trapper will call out warnings, the fighters will try to pull off lower hit point toons, etc. But if they want to run off on their own, fine, but we will NOT chase them down to save them. then we let people do what they want to and only worry about the ones that choose to work in the group with us and trust the others to take care of themselves. It's worked out really well.

We have a theme going on now every season too and do rotating themes. Basically cuz I conned my freinds to do the Scooby gang and let me live out my childhood love of Scooby Doo and promised the others I'd use their ideas. The next season we were Adams family. This one is coddex's turn, the redux will be dre's, then the NAMING POWER IS MINE AGAIN! Bwahahah. My Little Ponies for everyone! :)

Livmo

We take puggers every season, and we're honest with them at the start of every quest. If they stay with us we'll watch out for them. The healers will do their best to keep them alive, the trapper will call out warnings, the fighters will try to pull off lower hit point toons, etc. But if they want to run off on their own, fine, but we will NOT chase them down to save them. then we let people do what they want to and only worry about the ones that choose to work in the group with us and trust the others to take care of themselves. It's worked out really well.

We have a theme going on now every season too and do rotating themes. Basically cuz I conned my freinds to do the Scooby gang and let me live out my childhood love of Scooby Doo and promised the others I'd use their ideas. The next season we were Adams family. This one is coddex's turn, the redux will be dre's, then the NAMING POWER IS MINE AGAIN! Bwahahah. My Little Ponies for everyone! :)
Awesome🦓

So far we have as reminders for the upcoming season:
  • Have fun
  • Be mindful of your surroundings
  • Don't get the trapper killed
  • Don't run out of range or away from the healer
  • Look out for each other
  • Don't fear the reaper
The last one was for BÖC fans :D

Last edited:

Bjond

I trap and eventually someone will get me killed while I'm trapping

Heh. I didn't hit 20 and my favor goal until I stopped answering pleas for "help trapping" and just solo'd. The new !! & ?? marks might help with that, especially if SSG does NOT add the ability to turn them off.

What I'd really like is the ability to kick people from a dungeon, though. Get within 10ft of me while I'm trapping and instant-kick. THEN I'd go help trap stuff for people in HC (if they passed lead :p).

If HC ever adds a zebra mount, that season would be mandatory because then I'd be "Bjond on Zebra".