Hardcore thoughts

Chibuike

I've seen a lot of negative thoughts about this season of hardcore and i know negativity is usually the thing you'll see the most so i wanted to take the time to say i really enjoy this season of hardcore. I find 2 months to be the perfect length for hardcore. I get that people have a hard time finding time to play and two months seems low for them to get to 20 but i think removing the 5k favor reward and opting for some other form of challenge (dragon hoard) is the best combo for the hardcore that i've seen so far. Having to do 65% of all quests in the game seems like a lot to me and a tedious task to do, especially without dying, ending up in most of the players not even attempting it or failing at it, which is why the longer seasons are usually required. Now i do get the complaint about the hoard system, not having all of them revealed right away (or having hints to them right away) really sucks for players that skipped one without knowing and have to remake a character since they are not btc instead of bta. I think a quick fix for this would be to have next ones be BtA instead of BtC so if you skip some you can make a new character and only level them to get the missing hoard, it doesnt make it less of a challenge since you still have to get to the quest level and go get those hoards anyways. This would fix the issue that some players experienced with the hoard system (Strimtom talked about it in a video).

So all in all i think having the cooler rewards be locked behind 1750 favor & the other challenge (in this case hoard) is really the best combo so far, it makes a 2 months season viable with ease of access to everyone, attracting more players to play and if players are looking for a more serious challenge and have more time to dedicate to the game there is still reaper challenges to go for.

Last edited:

Vox

I'm not sure that many would describe a special event server with a 1750 max favour requirement and having special rewards unlockable on the easiest difficulty as "hardcore"