heads up if you're using the new Machrotechnic ED on non-artificers

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Rune arm's with multiple hits used on non-artificers will result in the 1st hit doing full damage and the additional follow-up shots hitting like a wet sponge. So if you're using the new ED, expect your damage to be wonky (until they fix it).

image.png

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Hopefully the next patch fixes it; outside cosmetics, the ED is the big reason to buy the update early. But if the damage is broken then it defeats wanting access right away for me.

seph1roth5

I remember (I assume it was) you bringing it to the dev's attention in discord a lam or 2 ago. Was there any answer or just that they were looking into it?

Also, don't wet sponges hit harder than dry ones?

FuzzyDuck81

Also, don't wet sponges hit harder than dry ones?

A wet sponge would for sure, if you're going for a shaped shot like a loofah however, then a dry one might have more penetrative power when dry vs. concussive impact when wet, though having the front part dry as a hardened point while the rear is wet to provide additional mass would be the optimal choice for maximum armour penetrating power.

J-2

A wet sponge would for sure, if you're going for a shaped shot like a loofah however, then a dry one might have more penetrative power when dry vs. concussive impact when wet, though having the front part dry as a hardened point while the rear is wet to provide additional mass would be the optimal choice for maximum armour penetrating power.

I think a wet sponge does a lot more psychological damage.
The act of being struck by one raises important questions such as, what is wet with.

FuzzyDuck81

I think a wet sponge does a lot more psychological damage.
The act of being struck by one raises important questions such as, what is wet with.
Water. Psychological damage increases by prefacing it with "mostly" & exponentially with "technically" before that.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I remember (I assume it was) you bringing it to the dev's attention in discord a lam or 2 ago. Was there any answer or just that they were looking into it?
Yeah, I did (others likely did too). And I assume it's being worked on. I also figure the devs want it fixed (they're nice people that want the game to run well and not be buggy) but SSG's release schedule forces things to go live before they're ready so I passed on the heads up so people can build/plan their use of this ED accordingly. I'd be annoyed to plan out and level a build only to then find out that it didn't do the levels of damage I expected because of this.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
Yeah, I did (others likely did too). And I assume it's being worked on. I also figure the devs want it fixed (they're nice people that want the game to run well and not be buggy) but SSG's release schedule forces things to go live before they're ready so I passed on the heads up so people can build/plan their use of this ED accordingly. I'd be annoyed to plan out and level a build only to then find out that it didn't do the levels of damage I expected because of this.
It is something we're looking into; it rose to the top of the list in the last preview but not with enough time to get to the heart of it. Will keep people posted as investigation continues.

Dom

It is something we're looking into; it rose to the top of the list in the last preview but not with enough time to get to the heart of it. Will keep people posted as investigation continues.
Sounds like something that should be included in the "known issues" section of the release notes, rather than not mentioning it at all and letting players waste their time building something that is broken.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Sounds like something that should be included in the "known issues" section of the release notes, rather than not mentioning it at all and letting players waste their time building something that is broken.
On a multi-hit runearm at full charge, it's roughly 100% + 10% + 10% + 10% + 10% damage vs 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% damage. That's build breaking to me and something people should know about; so yeah, really should be in the known issue section of the patch notes.

Dom

On a multi-hit runearm at full charge, it's roughly 100% + 10% + 10% + 10% + 10% damage vs 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% + 100% damage. That's build breaking to me and something people should know about; so yeah, really should be in the known issue section of the patch notes.
Agreed. Especially considering, per Steelstar, it was an issue that "rose to the top of the list in the last preview", but was still not included in the Known Issues section of the release notes. What a joke.

DBZ

From what guildies told me the useless hire can't trap either must be another great dps hire lol

Kyrr

Agreed. Especially considering, per Steelstar, it was an issue that "rose to the top of the list in the last preview", but was still not included in the Known Issues section of the release notes. What a joke.
This is the lack of communication that is a severe issue. It's why I actually miss Lynn/Lichabel, they actually informed us and communicated with us about issues.

The community and game is breaking away in pieces due to miscommunication or no communication about severely broken things.

Yvonne Blacksword

Deliverer of Quirk
Maybe damage done is waning per hit because it is considering charge per projectile?
The first one is full charge (lets say 5), the second is lessened (carged to 4)the third is more lessened (charged to 3) the fourth is even more lessened (charged to 2) and the last one is a result of being fired with only one charge.

Wait... are we still talking rune arms here.
I remember past being all projectiles fired in one volley powered similarly (ceptin 4 crits) because the "volley" were all effected by the same charge level at TOF (time of fire)... is this "Booooom-boooom-booom-boom-bom" our new normal?

Noes! not the law of lessening returns!

~Where VOLLEY is a term applied to all projectiles fired with one button push.~

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Maybe damage done is waning per hit because it is considering charge per projectile?
The first one is full charge (lets say 5), the second is lessened (carged to 4)the third is more lessened (charged to 3) the fourth is even more lessened (charged to 2) and the last one is a result of being fired with only one charge.
No, in my testing (on lam) and those results above (those screenshots were taken by someone else on live after u60 went out), the first shot scaled correctly, follow up shots don't scale correctly. They're not getting smaller and smaller, all the follow up shots are scaled to similarly wrong values; they're either not applying charge levels and/or character levels (or something else similar). And it doesn't happen on a pure artificer (those shots work correctly), so it's something about the new ED and how it applies runearm abilities to non-artis.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Yep. verified pure arti unaffected.
Yeah, I've yet to hear anything from any arti's being affected (so I tend to assume they're safe from the bug).

I've heard from several non-arti's both back when it was on lam and since going live being effected. I haven't heard any non-arti's say that they're uneffected; so either all non-arti's are effected or they're not speaking up. (from chatter across multiple discords)