heads up if you're using the new Machrotechnic ED on non-artificers

Chai

This is happening on "single target" rune arms for all, even those with arty levels, when in the new destiny or not. When not hard targeted sometimes all shots don't hit (only the first shot hits). When targeted the projectiles will appear to surround the target but no damage is taken.

Rugar

This is happening on "single target" rune arms for all, even those with arty levels, when in the new destiny or not. When not hard targeted sometimes all shots don't hit (only the first shot hits). When targeted the projectiles will appear to surround the target but no damage is taken.

True, but different issue. With a 2 Arti dip using Driftwood while the first shot has all missiles hitting the target, all subsequent shots = one hit and all other missiles just circling the target. But this thread is about on a class that doesn't natively use Runearms (I tried it on a pure Druid for instance), using this tree and the included Rune Arm feat means that for every shot only the first missile hit is for full damage, subsequent missiles appear to do approximately half damage.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
But this thread is about on a class that doesn't natively use Runearms (I tried it on a pure Druid for instance), using this tree and the included Rune Arm feat means that for every shot only the first missile hit is for full damage, subsequent missiles appear to do approximately half damage.
It was about 10% to 20% damage compared to the 1st hit when I was trying stuff; but feats/other things might be pushing it higher for you if you're seeing half damage. But be it 50%, 10%, or 20%, all problematic.

TorkRaider

I agree.

My lvl 32 pure Arti likes to use Sir Squilliam V (32) and occasionally Epic Arm of the Archons (28). Both of these are broken right now doing maybe 500 or so total on lvl 5 (full) charge. While my Epic Astral Projector (21) and Legendary Quarantine work great.

Squilliam is salt shot so per the release notes I thought no changes were made. Epic Arm of the Archons is Force shot so this was altered.

Hope this helps.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
Update on this issue!

We have located a piece of scripting deep in all Rune Arms that's been there since their creation 12 years ago. This scripting attempts to force the caster level of the Rune Arm to match your Artificer Level. The Spellcast system was properly handling the first projectile in most cases, but then this script was overwriting what that system was doing on subsequent projectiles, which is why non-Arti Machrotechnics were seeing their damage drop low (they have few to no Artificer caster levels). For Artificers, this could also lower the caster level of subsequent projectiles as this scripting didn't properly handle bonus caster levels from things like Epic and Legendary levels.

I have suspicions as to why this script was created, but it ultimately doesn't matter - removing it and letting the Spellcast system handle it appears to make everyone's caster levels with Rune Arms work as intended. We're still testing this fix to make sure it doesn't have any additional halo, so I have no ETA for when it will get patched to Live at this time, but wanted to give an update for where we are.

droid327

What's this? A quick and thorough explanation of an issue and its resolution from a dev? And then another one the same day?

Did Lynn come back? Lol

Trayzun

Funny thing happened to me while lvl 20 i was allowed to choose EDs but when i triedto choose the new Ed after purchasing it i was nt allowed to use it any ideas

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Funny thing happened to me while lvl 20 i was allowed to choose EDs but when i triedto choose the new Ed after purchasing it i was nt allowed to use it any ideas
Go to the epic trainer, zone into the area with people that unlock each destiny and unlock it on that character.