Heph's Artificer Builds & Guide Repository

Hephaestas

Master Artificer

Hey all, I'm Hephaestas!

I'm a long time player, long time Artificer main (since well, the class came out), and long time Ghallanda endgamer. If you're planning to play an Artificer, congratulations, you're already cooler just by thinking about it! And boy do I have some cool, endgame-designed builds that I use and want to share!

Edit: After many requests, I have decided to add in a routinely updated Google Sheets spreadsheet which I will export my endgame Artificer gearsets to. These will mostly be caster gearsets, but ranged and melee may sneak in too! Each will be labeled by build with an update timestamp. Thanks again for all your interest in this awesome class and for the many requests for info on how to gear at endgame!

My goal is to port over every build I've "published" - but I'd like to update them first, as many haven't been touched in a good long while. Most of what is below has been updated or I am comfortable having them live in deprecated states for educational purposes. So be sure to keep an eye out on this thread or use the super cool new Watch feature! But without further ado, see below!

General Guide to the Artificer class in DDO:

Heph's Advanced Tinkerer's Guide (Outdated OG guide, but still full of great stuff for flavor-players & newbies alike)

Hardcore Builds:

The Hardcore-ficer (Defensive Warforged Repeater - No tomes or lives necessary!)

Endgame Builds:

The Artificer: Caster Build Guide (A living, breathing document for endgame Artificer caster variants I have personally played)
~ And other builds to come!

Please enjoy and use these as references and templates for your own builds! I am not the most active forum member (at least I haven't been in the past) but I will certainly try to get back to any and all feedback and messages as my schedule allows. Happy tinkering!

Last edited:

Chiefvisigoth

Good Morning,

Thank you for reposting your guide. I like playing Artificer and I have used your guide in the past and found the Advanced Tinkers guide helpful. I copied it a posted it to my discord as a resource, so let me know when you update it. I agree that it should be updated seems a lot has changed in the game since you wrote it. I understand that writing the guide is a lot of work and I am looking forward to an update. I am using Matrim DDOBuilder to set up your "The Hardcore-ficer" but it isn't easy with the screenshots without using 200% magnification to read what you suggest as Enhancements in its current format. I noticed that this build has the old enhancement tree from Battle Engineer. The level 3 Thundershock Imbue is nice and can be turned on all the time. It also does not address levels 20-30, I always take the Expanded Clip at level 21 no matter what artificer build I do.

With the levels of Monk and Fighter, you can not take any of the capstones in the artificer trees which I normally do playing a pure artificer. Thank you for the builds. Like I normally do with builds that I find in the forums I have a tendency to do the artificer thing and tinker with them. Personally I like Intelligence builds and normally put 13 points into the haper tree to get strategic combat 2. It allows me to use intelligence for hitting and damage. Yes there are spells for that but I am bad at remembering to cast them.

I am going to try out your build with some variations based on my past experience on hardcore and see how it works. Keep up the good work.

Hephaestas

Master Artificer
Good Morning,

Thank you for reposting your guide. I like playing Artificer and I have used your guide in the past and found the Advanced Tinkers guide helpful. I copied it a posted it to my discord as a resource, so let me know when you update it. I agree that it should be updated seems a lot has changed in the game since you wrote it. I understand that writing the guide is a lot of work and I am looking forward to an update. I am using Matrim DDOBuilder to set up your "The Hardcore-ficer" but it isn't easy with the screenshots without using 200% magnification to read what you suggest as Enhancements in its current format. I noticed that this build has the old enhancement tree from Battle Engineer. The level 3 Thundershock Imbue is nice and can be turned on all the time. It also does not address levels 20-30, I always take the Expanded Clip at level 21 no matter what artificer build I do.

With the levels of Monk and Fighter, you can not take any of the capstones in the artificer trees which I normally do playing a pure artificer. Thank you for the builds. Like I normally do with builds that I find in the forums I have a tendency to do the artificer thing and tinker with them. Personally I like Intelligence builds and normally put 13 points into the haper tree to get strategic combat 2. It allows me to use intelligence for hitting and damage. Yes there are spells for that but I am bad at remembering to cast them.

I am going to try out your build with some variations based on my past experience on hardcore and see how it works. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I hear ya with the enhancements readability issues. That's something I haven't found a good way around without just writing out all the enhancements and in practice I just am not fond of that method. I'll look into improving that across all my docs though, thanks for the reminder. Always good feedback to get, as I strive for visual clarity in my guides.

As to the build itself... that one was never build for above 20; thus the lack of epics mentioned. It was made around Season 3 as just a way to handle all content, and as such the damage really drops off considerably towards the end of heroics. If I were to build an Artificer for hardcore that went to endgame (or at least epics) I would likely build things a bit differently. I hope this clarifies a bit on why I made the choices I made, and encourage you to absolutely modify it to fit your own style of play! Best of luck to you in your next season! :D

EDIT: When I get the chance, I'd absolutely love to revisit my Advanced Tinkerer's Guide - but I'll do so when I both get a chance and feel they've stopped adding stuff to or around the class. I have heard rumors that epics could change for Artificers in the not so distant future so... I'll be on the watch for that 👀

Chiefvisigoth

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I hear ya with the enhancements readability issues. That's something I haven't found a good way around without just writing out all the enhancements and in practice I just am not fond of that method. I'll look into improving that across all my docs though, thanks for the reminder. Always good feedback to get, as I strive for visual clarity in my guides.

As to the build itself... that one was never build for above 20; thus the lack of epics mentioned. It was made around Season 3 as just a way to handle all content, and as such the damage really drops off considerably towards the end of heroics. If I were to build an Artificer for hardcore that went to endgame (or at least epics) I would likely build things a bit differently. I hope this clarifies a bit on why I made the choices I made, and encourage you to absolutely modify it to fit your own style of play! Best of luck to you in your next season! :D

EDIT: When I get the chance, I'd absolutely love to revisit my Advanced Tinkerer's Guide - but I'll do so when I both get a chance and feel they've stopped adding stuff to or around the class. I have heard rumors that epics could change for Artificers in the not so distant future so... I'll be on the watch for that 👀
thanks for the feedback. I used Matrim DDOBuilder for doing my toons. There is an export function that has improved over the years that gives you an excellent readable output with the leveling for skills, feats, and abilities at each level that is nice and readable. It also allows you to select the feats in the builder and export them as a list I usually put below the build along with epic destiny choices. You can also list the spells you take also. Not sure if you use it but I find is nice to to build in there then export the list to a doc or text file and read that when I am leveling. Helps me out a lot. I have also shared that file with others on Discord to get some advice on a build that I am not strong at like I did recently with a Monk build with someone on Twitch that plays Monk a lot. It was a fun build for me for a past life I was grinding out.

Articult

Hello, I sometimes struggle with gearing. If you can't share your item list, what sets would you recommend? (for endgame builds).

Chiefvisigoth

I would make sure you have a Keylock ring from Death House for trapping. I use either the Arcsteel battlemage set or a Wall watch set from Sharn. Both of those are nice in heroics and I wear the level 15 gear until I can get the legendary gear on Then either a Feywild, Saltmarsh, or Isle of Dread set to flesh out the endgame gear. Currently, I am running with a saltmarsh set on the artificer I usually leave at end game. I also like the Manual of Stealthy Pilfering from the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar as a good trinket to use at end game.

You can either go with a caster artificer which is why you would use the Arc Steel Battle Mage set or ranged which is where the Wall Watch set comes in. For weapons, you can go with either a heavy or light repeating crossbow with a 17-20 critical range. Check the items wiki for those to figure out what you like. Also, try to get yourself a high-level rune arm. The ones that drop in the Feywild are a good choice for some of their bonuses and I find they normally will drop with the rares in the Feywild swamp area.

The best thing to look at with endgame gear is to review what the set bonuses are for that gear. Takes a little time to figure those things out but well worth it.

For the epic destinies, I normally take enough in Shadow Hunter to get the dimension door at level 23. Then you can go with Sharadi Champion, Draconic incarnation, or the new Machrontnic. That is basically a personal preference in playing style. I am on Sarlona running Chieftinker and Chiefsnipe. I also have last season's hardcore toon Chiefvisgoth on Thelanis if you want to contact me in game.

Hope this helps

Hephaestas

Master Artificer
Hello, I sometimes struggle with gearing. If you can't share your item list, what sets would you recommend? (for endgame builds).

Hey, well first off you're in luck. I've been getting an increasing number of requests for gear (likely because Arti just got EPIC DESTINY SUPPORT 🎉) so I've gone and made a fairly streamlined Google Sheets export of my personal gear worksheet. I'll be adding it to the OP but here it is here as well!

I can only really speak currently to caster as of U61-60 era, as I'm rusty on martial arti's and unsure where they land at the moment given recent changes.

Less Raid Heavy:
  • Arcsteel Battlemage set (hands down best bang for buck)
  • Autumn Feywild set
  • Elder's Knowledge set (arguably still a Best in Slot in most cases)
More Raid Heavy:
  • Conduit of the Titans
  • Masterful Magewright's
  • Echoes of the Walking Ancestors
What Chiefvisgoth mentioned is also all great advice in general too. I just wanted to make sure, since you gave me the opportunity, to respond about gearing. Good luck, and happy building!

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I can only really speak currently to caster as of U61-60 era, as I'm rusty on martial arti's and unsure where they land at the moment given recent changes.
I would like to complement Heph's guide with the melee side. I am sure he has got his own POV about Melee Arties and got his variation of gears, but I think he wont take my recommendations in a bad part :)
Since I play Melee Arti non-stop for 3-4 years now I had the time to create a solid Melee Arti gearset. It is U60-61 compatible.
The set covers:
  • Dread Stalker (+3 SA Dice/+15 MP and RP/+15% DS and DSh/+15% Dmg vs the Helpess) - Artifact bonus
  • Legendary Dread Isle's Curse (+15 Mp and RP/+25 Uni SP/+30 PRR/+2 Spell DC/+2 Ability Score/+3 to hit and Dmg) - Profane bonus
  • Mind and Matter (+30 PRR and MRR/+30 MRR cap) - Artifact bonus
  • Paragon Guard (+15% AC) - Artifact bonus
Also included: Enhanced Bloodrage/Stormreavers Thunderclap/Acid DoT/Cold DoT/Freezing/Feareater/different DRs just to name a few

Filigrees (all Rare):
Weapon:
  • Prowess: PRR / Critical Confirmation / Attack and Damage / Melee Power
  • Sucker Punch/One Againyt Many Raid / Sucker Punch: Melee Power
  • Dreadbringer: PRR / Melee Power / Armor Class / Tactics DC
Artifact:
  • Dreadbringer: Melee Power
  • Sucker Punch/One Againyt Many Raid
  • Prowess: Melee Power
  • Eye of the Beholder/Inevitable Grave Raid
Swap items and useful clickies:
  • Deathward clicky
  • Good Hope clicky
  • FoM potion
  • Spell Absorption items (cloaks and gauntlet)
  • Jet Propulsion Boots
  • Holy Aura scrolls
  • Different elemental absorption items
  • Legendary Keylock Ring for trapping
for more deatils and for leveling gearsets just click on the Improved Vistani ROBOT build in the Character Builds and Classes/ Artificer !!!

lots of info there about melee gear

Cheers!

Last edited:

Chiefvisigoth

Hey, well first off you're in luck. I've been getting an increasing number of requests for gear (likely because Arti just got EPIC DESTINY SUPPORT 🎉) so I've gone and made a fairly streamlined Google Sheets export of my personal gear worksheet. I'll be adding it to the OP but here it is here as well!

Less Raid Heavy:
  • Arcsteel Battlemage set (hands down best bang for buck)
  • Autumn Feywild set
  • Elder's Knowledge set (arguably still a Best in Slot in most cases)
More Raid Heavy:
  • Conduit of the Titans
  • Masterful Magewright's
  • Echoes of the Walking Ancestors
What Chiefvisgoth mentioned is also all great advice in general too. I just wanted to make sure, since you gave me the opportunity, to respond about gearing. Good luck, and happy building!
Thanks for the feedback. I tend to play ranged artificer more than anything else, so I mentioned using the Wall Watch set. It is also a good set for a ranger build. Are you planning on updating your very well-written guide anytime soon? I found it years ago and it has been of great help in my builds.

Hephaestas

Master Artificer
Thanks for the feedback. I tend to play ranged artificer more than anything else, so I mentioned using the Wall Watch set. It is also a good set for a ranger build. Are you planning on updating your very well-written guide anytime soon? I found it years ago and it has been of great help in my builds.

I'd very much like to. Its on my list of things to do, just keep having life get in the way! I'll let machrotech sit a bit longer too first, and reacquaint myself with ranged and melee Artificer before I put anything down in ink, but yes it is my intention to revisit the guide with a refresh 👍

Scrag

I have a question about my gear (heavy repeater expanded clip shiradi pew pew), and a generalized question about efficacy and when does my pew pew more reliably kill things in fewer than 3 shots. I am just 15 so my enhancements aren't totally filled in and my trinket artifact has no sent exp (yet). My dino xbow gem has 6 filigree openings, but since I am just 15, nothing has been slotted into it (yet). I have pasted gear, enhancements, and destinies.

Thank you!

Class and Feat Selection
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
1 · · Rogue(1)· · · · ·Standard: Dodge (Requires Feat Swap with Fred)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Balance(4), Diplomacy(4), Disable Device(4), Haggle(4), Jump(4), Open Lock(4), Repair(4), Search(4), Spot(4), Swim(4), Tumble(4), Use Magic Device(4)
2 · · Artificer(1)· · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(5), Use Magic Device(1)
3 · · Artificer(2)· · ·Standard: Point Blank Shot
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(2), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(2), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Use Magic Device(1)
4 · · Ranger(1) · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Evil Outsider
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Heal(5), Jump(3), Search(1), Spot(3)
5 · · Ranger(2) · · · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Heal(1), Jump(1), Search(1), Spot(1), Swim(4)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Balance(4)
6 · · Ranger(3) · · · ·Standard: Mobility
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(7), Heal(1), Jump(1), Search(1), Spot(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Balance(1)
7 · · Ranger(4) · · · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Heal(1), Jump(1), Listen(4), Search(1), Spot(1), Swim(2)
8 · · Artificer(3)· · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(5), Spell Craft(5), Use Magic Device(1)
9 · · Artificer(4)· · ·Standard: Shot on the Run
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Bonus: Construct Essence
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Repair(3), Search(2), Spell Craft(1), Use Magic Device(4)
10· · Artificer(5)· · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Repair(4), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(3), Use Magic Device(1)
11· · Artificer(6)· · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Open Lock(5), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
12· · Artificer(7)· · ·Standard: Insightful Reflexes
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(2), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(4), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
13· · Artificer(8)· · ·Artificer Bonus: Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(2), Disable Device(1), Haggle(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Heal(2)
14· · Ranger(5) · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Aberration
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Heal(5), Jump(7), Search(1), Spot(1)
15· · Rogue(2)· · · · ·Standard: Improved Precise Shot
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Balance(7), Disable Device(2), Jump(1), Repair(2), Search(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(2)
16· · Ranger(6) · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Heal(2), Hide(3), Jump(1), Search(1), Spot(1), Swim(7)
17· · Artificer(9)· · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(2), Repair(2), Search(1), Spell Craft(4), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(2)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Jump(1)
18· · Artificer(10) · ·Standard: Maximize Spell
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Open Lock(4), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Jump(3)
19· · Artificer(11) · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Open Lock(2), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Balance(1), Heal(2), Jump(2)
20· · Artificer(12) · ·Artificer Bonus: Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Balance(3), Heal(2), Jump(2)
21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Expanded Clip
22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Epic Spell Power: Electric
23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Overwhelming Critical
25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Doubleshot
26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·
27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Combat Archery
28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Harbinger of Chaos
29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·
30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Watchful Eye
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of the Plane of Air
31· · Legendary(1)· · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Legendary Aim
32· · Legendary(2)· · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up

Skills
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skill Points· · ·48 ·9· 9 12 12 12 12 11 11 11 11 12 12 14 16 15 13 13 13 14
Skill Name· · · ·01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20· Total Buffed
Balance · · · · · 4 · · · · · 2 ·½· ½ · · · · · · · · · · · 7 · · · · · ½ 1½· ·16.0 · 55.0
Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 26.0
Concentration · · · · · 2 · · · ·7· 1 · · · · · · ·2· 2 · · · · · · · · · · · ·14.0 · 56.0
Diplomacy · · · · 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4.0 · 25.0
Disable Device· · 4 ·1· 1 · · · · · · ·5· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · 2 · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 75.0
Haggle· · · · · · 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 1 · · · · · · · · · · · · 5.0 · 26.0
Heal· · · · · · · · · · · ·5· 1 ·1· 1 · · · · · · · · 1 ·5· · ·2· · · · 1 ·1· ·18.0 · 40.0
Hide· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·3· · · · · · · · 3.0 · 50.0
Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 21.0
Jump· · · · · · · 4 · · · ·3· 1 ·1· 1 · · · · · · · · · ·7· 1 ·1· ½ 1½· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 68.0
Listen· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4.0 · 37.0
Move Silently · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 47.0
Open Lock · · · · 4 · · 2 · · · · · · · · · · · 5 ·4· 1 · · · · · · ·4· 2 ·1· ·23.0 · 71.0
Perform · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 21.0
Repair· · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 · · · · · · · · 3 ·4· 1 ·1· 1 · · 2 · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 66.0
Search· · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 83.0
Spell Craft · · · · ·5· 1 · · · · · · ·5· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 66.0
Spot· · · · · · · 4 · · · ·3· 1 ·1· 1 · · · ·3· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 62.0
Swim· · · · · · · 4 · · · · · 4 · · 2 · · · · · · · · · · · · ·7· · · · · · · ·17.0 · 42.0
Tumble· · · · · · 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4.0 · 43.0
Use Magic Device· 4 ·1· 1 · · · · · · ·1· 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · 2 · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· ·22.0 · 43.0
Available Points· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0

Enhancements: 80 APs
Battle Engineer - Points spent: 34
Core1 Battle Engineer
Tier1 Weapon Training I: Crossbow Training I
Tier1 Field Engineer - 3 Ranks
Core2 Infused Weapons I
Tier2 Weapon Training II: Crossbow Training II
Tier2 Action Boost Selector: Action Boost: Power - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Extra Action Boost - 1 Ranks
Core3 Infused Armor I
Tier3 Weapon Training III: Crossbow Training III
Tier3 Ability I: +1 Intelligence
Tier3 Thundershock Imbue
Tier4 Weapon Training IV: Crossbow Training IV
Tier4 Battle Mastery: Endless Fusilade
Tier4 Ability II: +1 Intelligence
Core4 Infused Weapons II
Tier4 Agility Engine - 3 Ranks
Tier5 Reconstructed Armaments: Reconstructed Crossbows
Tier5 Unlock Potential
Tier5 Weapon Attachment
Arcane Archer - Points spent: 18
Core1 Arcane Archer
Tier1 Elemental Arrows I: Shock Arrows
Tier1 Awareness - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Energy of the Wild - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Elemental Arrows II: Elemental Damage
Tier2 Action Boost: Attack Boost - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Inferno Shot - 2 Ranks
Tier3 Elemental Arrows III: Elemental Damage
Harper Agent - Points spent: 8
Core1 Agent of Good I
Tier1 Strategic Combat I
Tier1 Awareness - 2 Ranks
Tier2 Know the Angles - 3 Ranks
Assassin - Points spent: 9
Core1 Knife in the Darkness
Tier1 Venomed Blades - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Sneak Attack Training I
Tier2 Toxin Affinity - 3 Ranks
Deepwood Stalker - Points spent: 11
Core1 Far Shot
Tier1 Stealthy - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Favored Defense - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Survivalist I
Core2 Sneak Attack
Core3 Called Shot: Sniper Shot
Epic Destinies: 40 APs + 2 permanent Destiny Points
Shadowdancer - Points spent: 15
Core1 Shadow Training
Tier1 Technician - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Cover of Darkness - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Lithe - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Dance in the Dark - 3 Ranks
Core2 Step Through Shadows
Core3 The Darkest Luck
Shiradi Champion - Points spent: 35
Core1 Fey Favor
Tier1 Shiradi Strike: Hunt's End
Tier1 Fey Sight - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Prism
Tier1 Good Luck - 3 Ranks
Core2 Vision
Tier2 Shiradi Power: Pin
Tier2 Phase Double - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Stay: Stay Toxic - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Fey Force: Fey Force
Tier3 Improved Shiradi Power: Otto's Whistlery
Core3 Audience with the Queen
Tier3 Pierce Deception
Tier3 Double Rainbow
Tier4 Overwhelming Force: Overwhelming Force
Tier4 Track
Tier4 Fey Form
Tier4 Enemy of my Own
Tier5 Nerve Venom
Tier5 Lore of the Hunt
Tier5 Feywild Attunement
Tier5 Epic Moment: Inexorable Advance

Equipped Gear Set: Standard
Armor · · · · Legendary Wildwood Outfit · Drops in: Quest: Red Rain
· · · · · · · +15 Enhancement Bonus
· · · · · · · Fortification +142%
· · · · · · · Physical Sheltering +35
· · · · · · · Healing Amplification +53
· · · · · · · False Life +50
· · · · · · · Green: Empty augment slot
· · · · · · · Legendary Wallwatch
Belt· · · · · Legendary Belt of the Black Sands · Drops in: Isle of Dread (wilderness), rare encounter chest
· · · · · · · Constitution +14
· · · · · · · Invisibility Guard
· · · · · · · Ghostly
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Claw Slot: Claw: Electric Spell Crit Damage
· · · · · · · Colorless: Empty augment slot
· · · · · · · The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse
Boots · · · · Legendary Deepsnow Boots· ·Drops in: U48 Quest: A Frosty Reception
· · · · · · · Insightful Constitution +6
· · · · · · · Quality Constitution +3
· · · · · · · Freedom of Movement
· · · · · · · Fortitude Save +10
· · · · · · · Green: +30 Topaz of Swiftness
· · · · · · · Eminence of Winter
Bracers · · · Adamantine Bracers· ·Drops in: U48: Feytwisted Chest
· · · · · · · Repair Amplification +53
· · · · · · · Greater Auto-Repair
· · · · · · · DR 30/Adamantine
· · · · · · · Maker's Touch
Cloak · · · · Legendary Dread Stalker's Cloak · Drops in: Quest: Captive of the Hidden God, End chest
· · · · · · · Ghostly
· · · · · · · Dexterity +14
· · · · · · · Insightful Deception +5
· · · · · · · Insightful Seeker +6
· · · · · · · Dread Stalker
Gloves· · · · Legendary Wildwood Gauntlets· ·Drops in: Quest: Reach for the Sky
· · · · · · · Lesser Displacement
· · · · · · · Dodge Bonus +13%
· · · · · · · Natural Armor Bonus +13
· · · · · · · Distant Diversion +20%
· · · · · · · Yellow: +13 Diamond of Dexterity
Goggles · · · Legendary Blazing Sniper's Sights · Drops in: U56 Quest: ToEE: Lower Temple Complex, end chest
· · · · · · · Deadly +11
· · · · · · · Quality Deadly +3
· · · · · · · Doubleshot +9%
· · · · · · · Insightful Doubleshot +5%
· · · · · · · Yellow: +6 Diamond of Insightful Dexterity
· · · · · · · Legendary Temple's Inferno
Helmet· · · · Legendary Wallwatch Circlet · Drops in: Quest: Ruinous Schemes
· · · · · · · Tendon Slice 10
· · · · · · · Accuracy +20
· · · · · · · Reflex Save +10
· · · · · · · Doubleshot +8%
· · · · · · · Blue: Empty augment slot
Necklace· · · Legendary Pendant of the Sea· ·Drops in: Quest: All Hail the King, end chest
· · · · · · · Insightful Resonance +74
· · · · · · · Insightful Glaciation +74
· · · · · · · Insightful Magnetism +74
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Fang Slot: Empty augment slot
Ring1 · · · · Legendary The Flame and the Frost · Drops in: U56 Quest: ToEE, end chest
· · · · · · · Fire Resistance +53
· · · · · · · Cold Resistance +53
· · · · · · · Dodge Bonus +14%
· · · · · · · Insightful Magical Sheltering +17
· · · · · · · Legendary Temple's Tide
Ring2 · · · · Legendary Signet Ring of the Sea· ·Drops in: Quest: All Hail the King
· · · · · · · Resonance +149
· · · · · · · Glaciation +149
· · · · · · · Magnetism +149
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Claw Slot: Empty augment slot
Trinket · · · The Two-Headed Platinum Piece · Drops in: U50: Any Saltmarsh Chest
· · · · · · · Intelligence +14
· · · · · · · Improved Deception
· · · · · · · Good Luck +5
· · · · · · · Spell Absorption
· · · · · · · Yellow: +6 Diamond of Insightful Intelligence
· · · · · · · Legendary Saltmarsh Explorer
Weapon1 · · · Attuned Bone Repeating Heavy Crossbow · Drops in: Skeletons in the Closet, Raid Warded Chest
· · · · · · · Damage and Type 5[1d10+3] + 15 Pierce, Magic
· · · · · · · Critical Threat Range 19-20 x2
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Scale Slot: MeltScale
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Fang Slot: Meltfang
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Claw Slot: Meltclaw: Intelligence
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Horn Slot: Melthorn
· · · · · · · Orange: Deconstructor
· · · · · · · Purple: Ruby of Good DR Bypass
· · · · · · · Sentient Weapon Personality: Sentient Jewel of Blackrazor
· · · · · · · Filigree 1: The Long Shadow: Attack and Damage(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 2: The Long Shadow: Reflex
· · · · · · · Filigree 3: The Long Shadow: Dexterity
· · · · · · · Filigree 4: Through the Mists: Armor Piercing(Rare Version)
Weapon2 · · · Legendary Ol' Ironsides · Drops in: Quest: Trials of the Triceratops, end chest
· · · · · · · Exploding Cannon Shot
· · · · · · · Maximum Charge Tier 5
· · · · · · · Fire Lore +22%
· · · · · · · Combustion +149
· · · · · · · Protection +11
· · · · · · · Rune Arm Imbue Fire VI
· · · · · · · Yellow: Empty augment slot
Trinket2· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set
Trinket3· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set

-

Last edited:

Hephaestas

Master Artificer
I have a question about my gear (heavy repeater expanded clip shiradi pew pew), and a generalized question about efficacy and when does my pew pew more reliably kill things in fewer than 3 shots. I am just 15 so my enhancements aren't totally filled in and my trinket artifact has no sent exp (yet). My dino xbow gem has 6 filigree openings, but since I am just 15, nothing has been slotted into it (yet). I have pasted gear, enhancements, and destinies.

Thank you!

Class and Feat Selection
Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
1 · · Rogue(1)· · · · ·Standard: Dodge (Requires Feat Swap with Fred)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Balance(4), Diplomacy(4), Disable Device(4), Haggle(4), Jump(4), Open Lock(4), Repair(4), Search(4), Spot(4), Swim(4), Tumble(4), Use Magic Device(4)
2 · · Artificer(1)· · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(5), Use Magic Device(1)
3 · · Artificer(2)· · ·Standard: Point Blank Shot
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(2), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(2), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Use Magic Device(1)
4 · · Ranger(1) · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Evil Outsider
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Heal(5), Jump(3), Search(1), Spot(3)
5 · · Ranger(2) · · · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Heal(1), Jump(1), Search(1), Spot(1), Swim(4)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Balance(4)
6 · · Ranger(3) · · · ·Standard: Mobility
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(7), Heal(1), Jump(1), Search(1), Spot(1)
7 · · Ranger(4) · · · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Heal(1), Jump(1), Listen(4), Search(1), Spot(1), Swim(2)
8 · · Artificer(3)· · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(5), Spell Craft(5), Use Magic Device(1)
9 · · Artificer(4)· · ·Standard: Shot on the Run
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Bonus: Construct Essence
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Repair(3), Search(2), Spell Craft(1), Use Magic Device(4)
10· · Artificer(5)· · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Repair(4), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(3), Use Magic Device(1)
11· · Artificer(6)· · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Open Lock(5), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
12· · Artificer(7)· · ·Standard: Insightful Reflexes
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(2), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(4), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
13· · Artificer(8)· · ·Artificer Bonus: Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(2), Disable Device(1), Haggle(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Heal(2)
14· · Ranger(5) · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Aberration
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Heal(5), Jump(7), Search(1), Spot(1)
15· · Rogue(2)· · · · ·Standard: Improved Precise Shot
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Balance(7), Disable Device(2), Jump(1), Repair(2), Search(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(2)
16· · Ranger(6) · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Heal(2), Hide(3), Jump(1), Search(1), Spot(1), Swim(7)
17· · Artificer(9)· · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(2), Repair(2), Search(1), Spell Craft(4), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(2)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Jump(1)
18· · Artificer(10) · ·Standard: Maximize Spell
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Open Lock(4), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Jump(3)
19· · Artificer(11) · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Open Lock(2), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Balance(1), Heal(2), Jump(2)
20· · Artificer(12) · ·Artificer Bonus: Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Balance(3), Heal(2), Jump(2)
21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Expanded Clip
22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Epic Spell Power: Electric
23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Overwhelming Critical
25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Doubleshot
26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·
27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Combat Archery
28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Harbinger of Chaos
29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·
30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Watchful Eye
· · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of the Plane of Air
31· · Legendary(1)· · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Legendary Aim
32· · Legendary(2)· · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up

Skills
Skill Points· · ·48 ·9· 9 12 12 12 12 11 11 11 11 12 12 14 16 15 13 13 13 14
Skill Name· · · ·01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20· Total Buffed
Balance · · · · · 4 · · · · · 2 ·½· ½ · · · · · · · · · · · 7 · · · · · ½ 1½· ·16.0 · 55.0
Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 26.0
Concentration · · · · · 2 · · · ·7· 1 · · · · · · ·2· 2 · · · · · · · · · · · ·14.0 · 56.0
Diplomacy · · · · 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4.0 · 25.0
Disable Device· · 4 ·1· 1 · · · · · · ·5· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · 2 · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 75.0
Haggle· · · · · · 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 1 · · · · · · · · · · · · 5.0 · 26.0
Heal· · · · · · · · · · · ·5· 1 ·1· 1 · · · · · · · · 1 ·5· · ·2· · · · 1 ·1· ·18.0 · 40.0
Hide· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·3· · · · · · · · 3.0 · 50.0
Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 21.0
Jump· · · · · · · 4 · · · ·3· 1 ·1· 1 · · · · · · · · · ·7· 1 ·1· ½ 1½· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 68.0
Listen· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4.0 · 37.0
Move Silently · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 47.0
Open Lock · · · · 4 · · 2 · · · · · · · · · · · 5 ·4· 1 · · · · · · ·4· 2 ·1· ·23.0 · 71.0
Perform · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 21.0
Repair· · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 · · · · · · · · 3 ·4· 1 ·1· 1 · · 2 · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 66.0
Search· · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 83.0
Spell Craft · · · · ·5· 1 · · · · · · ·5· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 66.0
Spot· · · · · · · 4 · · · ·3· 1 ·1· 1 · · · ·3· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 62.0
Swim· · · · · · · 4 · · · · · 4 · · 2 · · · · · · · · · · · · ·7· · · · · · · ·17.0 · 42.0
Tumble· · · · · · 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4.0 · 43.0
Use Magic Device· 4 ·1· 1 · · · · · · ·1· 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · 2 · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· ·22.0 · 43.0
Available Points· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0

Enhancements: 80 APs
Battle Engineer - Points spent: 34
Core1 Battle Engineer
Tier1 Weapon Training I: Crossbow Training I
Tier1 Field Engineer - 3 Ranks
Core2 Infused Weapons I
Tier2 Weapon Training II: Crossbow Training II
Tier2 Action Boost Selector: Action Boost: Power - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Extra Action Boost - 1 Ranks
Core3 Infused Armor I
Tier3 Weapon Training III: Crossbow Training III
Tier3 Ability I: +1 Intelligence
Tier3 Thundershock Imbue
Tier4 Weapon Training IV: Crossbow Training IV
Tier4 Battle Mastery: Endless Fusilade
Tier4 Ability II: +1 Intelligence
Core4 Infused Weapons II
Tier4 Agility Engine - 3 Ranks
Tier5 Reconstructed Armaments: Reconstructed Crossbows
Tier5 Unlock Potential
Tier5 Weapon Attachment
Arcane Archer - Points spent: 18
Core1 Arcane Archer
Tier1 Elemental Arrows I: Shock Arrows
Tier1 Awareness - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Energy of the Wild - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Elemental Arrows II: Elemental Damage
Tier2 Action Boost: Attack Boost - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Inferno Shot - 2 Ranks
Tier3 Elemental Arrows III: Elemental Damage
Harper Agent - Points spent: 8
Core1 Agent of Good I
Tier1 Strategic Combat I
Tier1 Awareness - 2 Ranks
Tier2 Know the Angles - 3 Ranks
Assassin - Points spent: 9
Core1 Knife in the Darkness
Tier1 Venomed Blades - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Sneak Attack Training I
Tier2 Toxin Affinity - 3 Ranks
Deepwood Stalker - Points spent: 11
Core1 Far Shot
Tier1 Stealthy - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Favored Defense - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Survivalist I
Core2 Sneak Attack
Core3 Called Shot: Sniper Shot
Epic Destinies: 40 APs + 2 permanent Destiny Points
Shadowdancer - Points spent: 15
Core1 Shadow Training
Tier1 Technician - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Cover of Darkness - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Lithe - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Dance in the Dark - 3 Ranks
Core2 Step Through Shadows
Core3 The Darkest Luck
Shiradi Champion - Points spent: 35
Core1 Fey Favor
Tier1 Shiradi Strike: Hunt's End
Tier1 Fey Sight - 3 Ranks
Tier1 Prism
Tier1 Good Luck - 3 Ranks
Core2 Vision
Tier2 Shiradi Power: Pin
Tier2 Phase Double - 3 Ranks
Tier2 Stay: Stay Toxic - 3 Ranks
Tier3 Fey Force: Fey Force
Tier3 Improved Shiradi Power: Otto's Whistlery
Core3 Audience with the Queen
Tier3 Pierce Deception
Tier3 Double Rainbow
Tier4 Overwhelming Force: Overwhelming Force
Tier4 Track
Tier4 Fey Form
Tier4 Enemy of my Own
Tier5 Nerve Venom
Tier5 Lore of the Hunt
Tier5 Feywild Attunement
Tier5 Epic Moment: Inexorable Advance

Equipped Gear Set: Standard
Armor · · · · Legendary Wildwood Outfit · Drops in: Quest: Red Rain
· · · · · · · Fortification +142%
· · · · · · · Healing Amplification +53
· · · · · · · False Life +50
Belt· · · · · Legendary Belt of the Black Sands · Drops in: Isle of Dread (wilderness), rare encounter chest
· · · · · · · Constitution +14
· · · · · · · Invisibility Guard
· · · · · · · Ghostly
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Claw Slot: Claw: Electric Spell Crit Damage
Boots · · · · Legendary Deepsnow Boots· ·Drops in: U48 Quest: A Frosty Reception
· · · · · · · Insightful Constitution +6
· · · · · · · Quality Constitution +3
· · · · · · · Freedom of Movement
· · · · · · · Fortitude Save +10
· · · · · · · Green: +30 Topaz of Swiftness
Bracers · · · Adamantine Bracers· ·Drops in: U48: Feytwisted Chest
· · · · · · · Repair Amplification +53
· · · · · · · Greater Auto-Repair
· · · · · · · DR 30/Adamantine
· · · · · · · Maker's Touch
Cloak · · · · Legendary Dread Stalker's Cloak · Drops in: Quest: Captive of the Hidden God, End chest
· · · · · · · Ghostly
· · · · · · · Dexterity +14
· · · · · · · Insightful Deception +5
· · · · · · · Insightful Seeker +6
· · · · · · · Dread Stalker
Gloves· · · · Legendary Wildwood Gauntlets· ·Drops in: Quest: Reach for the Sky
· · · · · · · Lesser Displacement
· · · · · · · Dodge Bonus +13%
· · · · · · · Natural Armor Bonus +13
· · · · · · · Distant Diversion +20%
· · · · · · · Yellow: +13 Diamond of Dexterity
Goggles · · · Legendary Blazing Sniper's Sights · Drops in: U56 Quest: ToEE: Lower Temple Complex, end chest
· · · · · · · Deadly +11
· · · · · · · Quality Deadly +3
· · · · · · · Doubleshot +9%
· · · · · · · Insightful Doubleshot +5%
· · · · · · · Yellow: +6 Diamond of Insightful Dexterity
Helmet· · · · Legendary Wallwatch Circlet · Drops in: Quest: Ruinous Schemes
· · · · · · · Tendon Slice 10
· · · · · · · Accuracy +20
· · · · · · · Reflex Save +10
· · · · · · · Doubleshot +8%
Necklace· · · Legendary Pendant of the Sea· ·Drops in: Quest: All Hail the King, end chest
· · · · · · · Insightful Resonance +74
· · · · · · · Insightful Glaciation +74
· · · · · · · Insightful Magnetism +74
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Fang Slot: Empty augment slot
Ring1 · · · · Legendary The Flame and the Frost · Drops in: U56 Quest: ToEE, end chest
· · · · · · · Fire Resistance +53
· · · · · · · Cold Resistance +53
· · · · · · · Dodge Bonus +14%
· · · · · · · Insightful Magical Sheltering +17
· · · · · · · Legendary Temple's Tide
Ring2 · · · · Legendary Signet Ring of the Sea· ·Drops in: Quest: All Hail the King
· · · · · · · Resonance +149
· · · · · · · Glaciation +149
· · · · · · · Magnetism +149
· · · · · · · IoD: Accessory: Claw Slot: Empty augment slot
Trinket · · · The Two-Headed Platinum Piece · Drops in: U50: Any Saltmarsh Chest
· · · · · · · Intelligence +14
· · · · · · · Improved Deception
· · · · · · · Good Luck +5
· · · · · · · Spell Absorption
· · · · · · · Yellow: +6 Diamond of Insightful Intelligence
· · · · · · · Legendary Saltmarsh Explorer
Weapon1 · · · Attuned Bone Repeating Heavy Crossbow · Drops in: Skeletons in the Closet, Raid Warded Chest
· · · · · · · Damage and Type 5[1d10+3] + 15 Pierce, Magic
· · · · · · · Critical Threat Range 19-20 x2
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Scale Slot: MeltScale
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Fang Slot: Meltfang
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Claw Slot: Meltclaw: Intelligence
· · · · · · · IoD: Weapon: Horn Slot: Melthorn
· · · · · · · Orange: Deconstructor
· · · · · · · Purple: Ruby of Good DR Bypass
· · · · · · · Sentient Weapon Personality: Sentient Jewel of Blackrazor
· · · · · · · Filigree 1: The Long Shadow: Attack and Damage(Rare Version)
· · · · · · · Filigree 2: The Long Shadow: Reflex
· · · · · · · Filigree 3: The Long Shadow: Dexterity
· · · · · · · Filigree 4: Through the Mists: Armor Piercing(Rare Version)
Weapon2 · · · Legendary Ol' Ironsides · Drops in: Quest: Trials of the Triceratops, end chest
· · · · · · · Exploding Cannon Shot
· · · · · · · Maximum Charge Tier 5
· · · · · · · Fire Lore +22%
· · · · · · · Combustion +149
· · · · · · · Protection +11
· · · · · · · Rune Arm Imbue Fire VI
· · · · · · · Yellow: Empty augment slot
Trinket2· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set
Trinket3· · · Restricted by another item in this gear set

-

Hey there, so it looks like you're going really heavy into the electric imbue from what I can see at a glance. That for one will definitely lower your repeater damage. It can be difficult finding that sweet spot of martial vs. imbue stats, but in general - most imbue builds can hit about 21 Imbue Dice minimum and at maximum (for efficiency) 28 dice. Going much above that just guts your weapon damage.

Incase you weren't aware and are now going "Wait, why multiples of seven?" it's because at epic/cap, the Shiradi Champion Prism mantle grants an additional 1d77 die for every seven imbue dice you have. If you did know this then just ignore me here and just take away that most high DPS ranged builds never exceed 28 dice. That is all to say that I think you can drop out of Arcane Archer. I get it, +4 dice is cool but it's honestly a trap for a build like this using a crossbow and you'd do much better - ironically, going into Inquisitive if imbue dice was what you're after.

But working with the level split you have, and utilizing the repeater - it's a little tricky. I would likely change my enhancements to look something more like this:

40 Battle Engineer / 30 Deepwood / 10 Harper

It's certainly not perfect and just an example, but I think this would help round out your enhancements better than currently set, and give you some attacks that help bump up your frontnumber better. You should still be able to hit 21(+) Imbue dice which is the goal, but this allows you to focus a little more on survivability and higher weapon damage. My chief concern for you with this split is the low Ranged Power. You're only getting ranged power from one place in enhancements, and it's just the bare minimum. The rest is all just from standard Destiny Cores and epic levels. When you get your sentient past 4 slots (if I'm reading this right from the post) I would really encourage you to work on a Deadly Rain or Spines of the Manticore set.

Personally, for crossbow damage I like non-repeating crossbows right now over anything else. I haven't tested out the new Expanded Clip feat too much because even with it I don't feel it matching a non-dual shooting non-repeating crossbow (yeah, you read that right lol.) In my testing, a non-repeater is the best bang for your buck in terms of attack speed + doubleshot benefits. But that's a tangent and if you wish you know more you can DM me for the build details.

I know that was a lot of text and it's possible I tunneled in too much to the epic aspect but as a rule of thumb with repeaters:
Early Heroics - Repeaters are king, S-tier, 11/10​
Mid Heroics - Repeaters are slow, but safe​
Late Heroics/Early Epics - Repeaters are... bad​
Endgame - Repeaters are proc kings. (The rest...TBD)
Hope this helped!
~ Heph

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak

eartheyes

i play on khyber
You can do my build as any race just need to take CE (Construct Essence) and ICE (Improved Construct Essence) feats.
IIRC you can swap the Adamntine Body feat at level 9 and take ICE at lvl 13 instead of Extend.
You can take Extend later at level 24 or 27.
And of course need plate armors instead of the docents.

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?th...f-tank-a-melee-artificer-for-r8-questing.373/
Thank you, I have played that build in the past…it was quite fun.