High Lords will host Skeletons in the Closet teaching raid on Saturday, May 27 at 1pm ET

Vooduspyce

Last Saturday we had a couple of nice runs with 2 attendees who were new to or still learning the classic Gianthold raids Reaver’s Fate and Fall of Truth. If you missed, you can watch the replay of the livestream on DDO's Twitch channel DDOstream here.

We have now worked through every raid in the game as part of our 2023 teaching raid series and will host one final event, with a revisit of DDO’s newest raid Sleletons in the Closet on Saturday, May 27 at 1pm ET

All events in this series are for players new(er) to raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids, and to enhance the Sarlona community. Skeletons is a legendary end game raid, base level 34 so we are asking attendees be at least level 30 to sign up.

If you are new to Skeletons, there is no flagging required. The entrance is on the docks in Tanaroa, next to the quest Curse and the Captive Crustacean.

Preparation: bring remove curse potions.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send in-game mail to me on Gingerspyce. I won’t be on Sarlona much, mostly playing on hardcore with my toon Voodoospyce so you can also visit my Twitch channel vooduspyce M-F 9am-3pm ET to sign up live.

This event will be live streamed on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live. This year we are simulcasting our teaching raids on multiple Twitch channels so that viewers can see moments when the part splits or from tank point of view, etc. This week's event will be simulcasted by my guildie Gijo on his Twitch channel highlordpudding. You can watch both streams at the same time at multitwitch.tv/ddostream/highlordpudding.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon :)

Much love,

Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

Scrag

My first run (and actually the second raid ive run) was essentially something like an hour of being dead. It was explained to me why being dead wasn't a bad thing (going for optionals), but at one point I had 9 death penalties trying to burn off...

It seems this is not necessarily common. I would like to sign up, but I do not know my availability that day.

Vooduspyce

My first run (and actually the second raid ive run) was essentially something like an hour of being dead. It was explained to me why being dead wasn't a bad thing (going for optionals), but at one point I had 9 death penalties trying to burn off...

It seems this is not necessarily common. I would like to sign up, but I do not know my availability that day.
Let me know your toon name and I'll mark you down for it. If I don't see you around on Saturday 1pm ET then no worries :)

Vooduspyce

Great run of Skeletons in the Closet to wrap up our 2023 teaching raid series. If you missed, you can watch the replay of the livestream on DDO's Twitch channel DDOstream here.

We met new friends this year, and helped fellow Sarlonians and many more on the livestream see that raids can be smooth, understandable and most importantly fun!

I hope to bring back teaching raids for our 11th year in 2024. In the meantime, while our teaching raids are concluded for 2023, check out our Friday night public heroic abbot raids every Friday at 9pm ET. Watch for the lfm's or the livestream every Friday on my Twitch channel vooduspyce.

Much love,
Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier