How to EXTEND VIP subscription?!?

Daemos

I try to follow DDO's own instructions:

How do I update and maintain my subscription?
Once you have a subscription, you can view and maintain your subscription in one of two ways:
  1. Clicking on "Subscriptions" in the DDO Store.
    This page will show you your active subscription, your next billing date, and the ability to renew immediately if you choose. Click on "Continue". You'll be brought to the "Payment Method" screen. Simply choose a Payment Method that works and click "checkout". Just like DDO Point purchases, you will be charged immediately, and the time added to your account. At that point you'll be in the new subscription plan.
  2. Clicking on "Manage Subscriptions"
    This page will show you in more detail the plan and billing information for your subscription. Clicking on details will expand the window. As in the "Subscriptions window" you can renew right now, hold, cancel, or change the subscription you're on. Scrolling down you can see more about your Renewal Details and past Payment History.
(NOT on STEAM) When I do #1, it only says "Your subscription will be active till Jul 11, 2024" and there is NO OPTION to renew immediately or continue. #2 does not explain WHERE this ACTUALLY IS, although I have yet to find a "MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION" in any screen...I do have an option in COMPLETELY DIFFERENT screens to buy one of many VIP options, but have no idea if they would overlap with the old one for the next month. Could someone PLEASE help me in maneuvering through the screens, the exact screens I need to get to renewing my subscriptions? TYSVM in advance.

Dude

I try to follow DDO's own instructions:

How do I update and maintain my subscription?
Once you have a subscription, you can view and maintain your subscription in one of two ways:
  1. Clicking on "Subscriptions" in the DDO Store.
    This page will show you your active subscription, your next billing date, and the ability to renew immediately if you choose. Click on "Continue". You'll be brought to the "Payment Method" screen. Simply choose a Payment Method that works and click "checkout". Just like DDO Point purchases, you will be charged immediately, and the time added to your account. At that point you'll be in the new subscription plan.
  2. Clicking on "Manage Subscriptions"
    This page will show you in more detail the plan and billing information for your subscription. Clicking on details will expand the window. As in the "Subscriptions window" you can renew right now, hold, cancel, or change the subscription you're on. Scrolling down you can see more about your Renewal Details and past Payment History.
(NOT on STEAM) When I do #1, it only says "Your subscription will be active till Jul 11, 2024" and there is NO OPTION to renew immediately or continue. #2 does not explain WHERE this ACTUALLY IS, although I have yet to find a "MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION" in any screen...I do have an option in COMPLETELY DIFFERENT screens to buy one of many VIP options, but have no idea if they would overlap with the old one for the next month. Could someone PLEASE help me in maneuvering through the screens, the exact screens I need to get to renewing my subscriptions? TYSVM in advance.
First click on your name in the upper left in the store. Then choose account and then subscriptions. That should give you the option to "Pay Now."

Daemos

First click on your name in the upper left in the store. Then choose account and then subscriptions. That should give you the option to "Pay Now."
Thank you for trying to help, but as I said, "When I do #1, it only says "Your subscription will be active till Jul 11, 2024" and there is NO OPTION to renew immediately or continue." I would hope that you didn't think I avoided a "Pay Now" button. I am not annoyed with you, just the system.

I tried to do the more standard multi-option screen that has NOTHING TO DO with any renewal or continue or other button consistent with extending subscription. This is the response"

"Automatic renewal failed

Payment failed, reason: RESULT_ABANDONED_ORDER. Please, renew subscription manually"

As I obviously just tried to do it manually, I am at a loss. Thank you to anyone who has actually done this recently if they can respond. (Again, TY Dude, it just doesn't work and there is no button)

To elaborate:

I am in the USA
My credit card is good
The Credit card was just used yesterday WITH DDO/SSG to buy points for something stupid, as I always seem to do despite my best efforts otherwise....
My credit card DID NOT kick back a denial of payment for DDO/SSG....yes, I checked...but thanks for thinking that

Last edited:

Hobgoblin

Less Nerfy Nerfy more fixy fixy
i just did this on my alt account - i went to change subscription and picked the plan i was on and it renewed. had same message as yours

Daemos

OK...

I looked at my wife's account on HER computer, and I am seeing a PAY NOW button. I can only assume it has something to do with the fact that she is on the in-game browser, while I am using the "external browser (I think that is what it is called)" for the DDO store. Unfortunately, when I look with the external store browser off, it still says :

"Automatic renewal failed
Payment failed, reason: RESULT_ABANDONED_ORDER. Please, renew subscription manually"

I will wait a bit and hope it clears.....BUT, the issue is still the fact that a customer HAS to figure out all this crap on his or her own, just to give SSG money. This surely must be some enabling, sado-masochistic, psychological experiment that I was not aware of ever signing up for in the TOS.

Thanks to all the people above for the help, and best wishes to all.