I would pay to have a permanent test dojo

Merovinjio

Sometimes i create a build with the character builder and in my mind everything works perfectly.. in reality (after reaching epic or legendary in real game)
something is missing or it's wrong.. but how long to see the results... it's annoying.
I would really have the opportunity to test immediately my build BEFORE grinding to reach lvl20 or lvl32.

Please Devs, think about it.. people need a PERMANENT Lammania (or call it whatever you want) Test Dojo for our builds.

Stoner81

This would also help with the wiki editior's for updating items since they wouldn't be restricted on any sort of crafting material etc.

Stoner81.

Sympl

Lamania test server should be left up all year round and just cleansed for updates.

This could actually be a nice VIP perk.

I can see the pitfalls inherent in having a test dojo type thing on main servers, but what about keeping the Lamania test servers up year round, but only providing all-access during what has up until now been their "normal" testing Up-times and keep it at VIP-access only for the rest of the year?

Keep with the server wipes as normal, no transferring characters off Lamma-land, and you suddenly have a very nice VIP perk that doesn't affect normal game-play for anyone....and doesn't incentivize "playing" on the server (due to the wipes and the inability to transfer off) outside of build stress-testing.

Ethril

It would also allow us to, hypothetically, test anything they plan on rolling out on the next Wednesday each week rather than just testing changes for updates. Sometimes even their patches and hotfixes have broken things and it'd be nice to catch issues before they went live.

AMess

Love the idea!

it would be cool to have it in a giant High Striker mini-game, but it's stuff like highest single hit or best damage over some time & and maybe the target is some braggart Djinn that taunt's you with funny one liners the whole time...so, it's a test dojo plus score board....maybe have some best ever scores and a same stat but best today..etc.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Just need to add the test kobolds as a lvl 150+ amenity for guildships. Players have been asking for it for a decade now.

Cmecu

Lamania test server should be left up all year round and just cleansed for updates.
I agree too, but there would be an issue. People would use it to play the game there instead of being on live servers. Like to play expansions. Unless you have to buy the expansions on Live server to access them on Lammannia, or maybe it is already like that. I dunno.
They should have it open and gather feedback continuously from people.

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
I agree too, but there would be an issue. People would use it to play the game there instead of being on live servers. Like to play expansions. Unless you have to buy the expansions on Live server to access them on Lammannia, or maybe it is already like that. I dunno.
True, so perhaps make it available for like, two days per month for VIP's to test stuffs and then 'clear' it ? Or, even, just have limited access to content itself. It is just to test things after all, and if SSG wants us to test certain things as well, then make just those available for feedback??
I am hoping that VIP's get something soon, else may just cancel my VIP.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
It would be also good if the Test Dummies in the Cargo were upgraded and players could set it to different HP values. 10k/ 100k/ 1Mill.
Also different DRs, immunities could be set on those.
Or HP and different lvl of enemies like common mob/orange name/redname/purple name

Boondocks Mike

Pros and cons to this.

Pros:
-More detailed information about build performance could be collected
-More detailed information can be given to devs about class/build balance

Cons:
-This would almost certainly lead to even more obvious and cemented build metas
-With easily reproducible evidence, it becomes easy to prove and therefore harder to ignore or misjudge how far behind you are setting yourself by playing a suboptimal build

People already spam the same handful of builds without this feature. Unless the end result of adding this feature is the devs improving class/build balance, it's probably (slightly) better for the game to just not have it. Also, class/build imbalance is directly monetizable and a lot easier to achieve.

Teh_Troll

For the love of Harambe, please raise the kobold HP. 500k is not nearly enough these days. 5 Million might be more realistic.

Dreppo

To avoid that they just need to wipe the character database for every new build. Which I believe is what they are already doing.

I don't know that many people would want Lam as their main server anyway, as they'd have to put up with a lot of instabilities and bugs. It would not be my choice.