Imbue Dice Skill on Casters

Wilberto

I play an Alchemist on Orien server. Within the Epic Primal Avatar Tree, Shared Mantle grants +3 Imbue Dice. What does this mean and how does it work - for a caster focusing on the Bombardier tree and elements Acid and Poison? Is it strictly for melee or is it worth getting as a caster as well?

-Wilberto

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The only imbue that works on spells is the Half-Elf Dilettante: Warlock imbue. https://ddowiki.com/page/Half-Elf_Dilettante:_Warlock But it only hits a single target and has a 2 second internal cooldown making it pretty much meh (it's fine to use if knocking out your 3 helf past lives but not not worth building around). If they ever changed the number of target limit and cooldown then it could be worth revisiting usage of.

FuzzyDuck81

The imbue dice are a nice benefit for characters that engage in melee & ranged combat, so will likely have minimal real use on a bombardier alchemist, though if you use hires or summons they'll get a significant boost from the other part of that ability - the high level gold seal hires from the expansions are decently solid performers by themselves in regular content, ditto the werewolf summon or a LGS ooze/dino tar weapon so it can be worth it to fit that & natural shielding in.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
I concur, unless you plan to adding damage with Half Elf, there isn't any use for Imbue on an Alchemist caster unless you're looking to weave in some physical damage. Which side note, its not a bad idea. Proc your mantle more often, save some sp, etc.. If you're weapon agnostic, a throwing dagger could also give you some more reach.

To take advantage of it though, you'd also need an Imbue toggle (likely from Vile Chemist's Poison Coating).

FuzzyDuck81

I concur, unless you plan to adding damage with Half Elf, there isn't any use for Imbue on an Alchemist caster unless you're looking to weave in some physical damage. Which side note, its not a bad idea. Proc your mantle more often, save some sp, etc.. If you're weapon agnostic, a throwing dagger could also give you some more reach.

To take advantage of it though, you'd also need an Imbue toggle (likely from Vile Chemist's Poison Coating).
Not the right season to get it at the moment unless they decide to remember about the southern hemisphere existing, but the immortal sun flask is a great option instead of a regular dart - sure it flies slower, but it also has the light damage proc that can apply to spellcasts, i used it on my own alchemist life & it's now on my blightcaster & makes for a nice extra damage supplement