invisible and untargetable skeletal minion attacks me

picard65

Hello! it's been a while, since playing this character, from time to time i get an invisible and untargettable thing attacking me, checking the combat log shows it's a skeletal minion, it attacks me for a bit, generally around a minute or so, and then stops for a while, no explanation given, it's not something visible around me or targettable like invisible stalkers are instead, and i have no clue what the reason is, it happens even after restarting the game and it's been happening for at least a couple of months, in this character i always play with a friend of mine that plays a cleric, is this something i am missing, or a bug?

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I had that happen this morning in Borderlands - my hire was swinging away at something invisible. So I ran over and swung in the same vicinity and killed a bugbear. There was no body.. it stayed invis.. weird stuff.

Gnyxl

Hello! it's been a while, since playing this character, from time to time i get an invisible and untargettable thing attacking me, checking the combat log shows it's a skeletal minion, it attacks me for a bit, generally around a minute or so, and then stops for a while, no explanation given, it's not something visible around me or targettable like invisible stalkers are instead, and i have no clue what the reason is, it happens even after restarting the game and it's been happening for at least a couple of months, in this character i always play with a friend of mine that plays a cleric, is this something i am missing, or a bug?

Where does this happen? Does it stop if you switch areas? Very interesting situation...

picard65

Where does this happen? Does it stop if you switch areas? Very interesting situation...
it happens in different quests, and in some wilderness areas as well, it's not something that keep happening constantly, just from time to time, randomly
And it's not a case of a random mod of the area bein invisible, it happens only to me, to my friend it doesn't, and it's always the same skeletal minion

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Did you by chance have a Palemaster join you in party at one point and the Palemaster had assigned their Skeleton Minion to defend you?

J1NG

Bags

Just chiming in to say this happens to me sometimes, as well. I mostly run a FVS Inquis, and usually solo. Happened to me for the first time in Invitation to Dinner, so I assumed it was a Barovian surprise I wasn't aware of, but it has since happened in many other quests, as well. Invisible, untargetable enemy. Skeletal minion in the combat log. No matter how hard I try, I can't shoot it. Hasn't happened in a week or so, but it was maybe 1 in 5 quests for a while, there. He'd show up (so to speak), attack me for a couple minutes, then disappear... some more.

Bags

Have you been summoning a lich in game?
Never in my life. Only thing I ever summon is a dog or hireling for pulling levers, after which they are promptly dismissed.
Running colors of the queen? (If there's some new effect added)
Usually, yes, until I swap to doubleshot at 15 or so. That does seem to line up with when it stopped, though I can't be exactly sure. However, it hasn't happened at all while in epic levels with Shiradi, and Double Rainbow is meant to have the same effects.

Now that I know this is something that occasionally happens to at least one other person, I'll have to pay more attention if it happens again.

picard65

Did you by chance have a Palemaster join you in party at one point and the Palemaster had assigned their Skeleton Minion to defend you?

J1NG
Nop, my friend plays a cleric, and we didn't play with anyone else that i can remember of
Just chiming in to say this happens to me sometimes, as well. I mostly run a FVS Inquis, and usually solo. Happened to me for the first time in Invitation to Dinner, so I assumed it was a Barovian surprise I wasn't aware of, but it has since happened in many other quests, as well. Invisible, untargetable enemy. Skeletal minion in the combat log. No matter how hard I try, I can't shoot it. Hasn't happened in a week or so, but it was maybe 1 in 5 quests for a while, there. He'd show up (so to speak), attack me for a couple minutes, then disappear... some more.
i don't remember when it startedhappening, but it's been going on for a while and it doe seem like our experience line up
Have you been summoning a lich in game?
not that i can remember, but it could have happened at some point (i've been away from home for a month or so, and returned the other day, so some details are a bit fuzzy, sorry)
colors of the queen
never used this one, so it isn't it

Grumpy

Thinking this is a bug, that effects other quests, as this morning before the patch, i was running Epic Saltmarsh, and in the big cricodile one, i had an invisible Sahuagin attack me over and over, i couldn't see him, but If i cast AOE spells near him he just saved, so I ignored him, and kept doing the quests, I do this quest every few days, and never had this issue before.

picard65

small update, my friend cleric used destroy undead, and killed the undead minions (i say minions because in the chat he destroyed 2)in that moment, even if the problem keep happening. Even when my spirit blasts don't hit anything