Join Severlin for a Q&A on Friday on Twitch!

Cordovan

Community Manager
Our Executive Producer Severlin will join Cordovan for this week's Fridays at Four on Twitch.tv/DDOstream! Expect general Q&A from Twitch chat and typical answering of questions from social media and the forums. Feel free to post your questions below! Not all questions will be answered, but we'll fit in these questions between live chat.

Last edited:

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Please talk about bound to account raid gear and/or making it so skeletons in the closet gear is not a massive pain to get (right now its a 32% chance on hard to get 1 of 50+ items. getting the one you want from the chest is all but impossible), and adding skeletons in the closet opt items for runes.

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
Please re-recheck rare filigrees dropping if you need an example try looking at the Bravery Throughout ones and/or give us a way to upgrade common filigrees to rare.

Crell_1

Hardcore- Is the hoard in Epic Temple of Vol intended to only be in the Epic version? All of the others found have been on both of the playable versions of their quest.

Hardcore- Any chance of an extension to make up for the week of the missing NPC? Many players have been scared to level up in case we need to find and turn in more than 7 pieces or if there are other hidden prizes unlocked after that hand in that require more questing that we can't do after having leveled up.

Performance: Outside of Dungeon Alert mob pathing. What are the biggest performance areas you're looking at in your code as you fight the unending fight against Lag? What's next?

Inventory: Why do we have so much bound to character loot outside of raids?

Flagging: What do you think about having raid flagging mechanics on an account or server level instead of Character level? Some are particularly long and RNG filled like Heroic Litany of the Dead, which not only requires the sigil, but also re-running each of those quests every life. In the epic version you just run the quests and are done with it, but this has left Heroic Abbot nearly impossible to assemble a group for. Other times heroic quests flag you for the epic raid, but not here.

Last edited:

Nimvind

Dirgesinger Bard of Sarlona
Iconic Completionist, what would it look like to you if you were ready to implement it.

Did you enjoy hanging out with Vooduspyce and Nimvind in the meet up
Why is Nimvind your favorite content creator?

Phaaze

I think you should try and make the questions exclusive to beforehand so you can vet them and pick the best ones as opposed to a shetload of wishlist questions plus people complaining.

Also what kinds of questions are you looking for? future updates? past stories? current challenges?

Cordovan

Community Manager
Hardcore- Is the hoard in Epic Temple of Vol intended to only be in the Epic version? All of the others found have been on both of the playable versions of their quest.

Hardcore- Any chance of an extension to make up for the week of the missing NPC? Many players have been scared to level up in case we need to find and turn in more than 7 pieces or if there are other hidden prizes unlocked after that hand in that require more questing that we can't do after having leveled up.
I can answer these two now:

Yes, working as intended that it is only in Epic, although we could reconsider maybe for future versions of this kind of thing.

No, there will not be an extension of the Hardcore season due to the temporary absence of the NPC on the Hardcore server.

Fnordian

Imbue Toggles: Will anything be done to address the issue of some classes having no available Imbue Toggle and therefore unable to benefit from spells or items that add Imbue Dice?

For example, the Artificer's Elemental Weapons spell was often used to give a buff to Fighters. Now it's useless for Fighters and not even of benefit for Artificers themselves until they gain access to their toggle.

A popular suggestion was a basic +0 dice Imbue Toggle feat available automatically to all classes. Is this, or another solution, being considered?

Last edited:

Stoner81

Can you look at making item stacking consistent throughout the entire game? This will help with inventory and bank space tremendously (eg Sun Flasks only stating to 50 is ridiculous!) Commendations of Valor stack to 99,999 but yet other things only go to 10,000. Make everything the same and remove this issue please! Pretty please!

Stoner81.

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
Question: Can all tr Hearts of Wood please be made to be bound to account not character ?

I traded some tokens to Lahar in the twelve on my alt and even tho I always make sure things are 'clear' for trading, he suddenly ate all my token stack and I ended up with a whole bunch of now bound to character tr hearts that I won't use on that character but could use on my main character.
Perhaps make it so Lahar can crunch these hearts I am stuck with, back to tokens ??
thankyou.

Lotoc

How do SSG feel about the current 'balance' between the epic destinies, specifically how Dragon Breath outperforms every single epic strike by a country mile which is leaving non draconic elements massively disadvantaged compared to other casters. 1d6+6 per level single target (a third level spell) with a maximum caster level of 20 is genuinely underwhelming for something that's meant to be epic and puts you on a shared cooldown.

Are there any planned thematics for the eventual implementation of legendary reincarnation? (which I imagine is probably 3 years away at least) Much like Heroic Reincarnations are based on classes and Epic Reincarnations are based on Epic Destinies, we've as of yet not seen any legendary system to base reincarnations on unless they'll be tied thematically to Scion feats.

Can anything be said about the themes or niches the upcoming destiny or universal tree this year will support?

Owlbear

Some weeks ago there was a big youtuber that released a DDO review which got a lot of views and new/returning players trying the game. The video had a lot of good points about flaws, bugs and especially 'quit moments' that new/returning players who try DDO for the first time run into. A lot of this stuff has been in the game for years. Will SSG take some time to look at this feedback and smooth out the new player experience to prevent new players quiting the game early?

Some points mentioned
- Complicated character generation
- No UI scaling
- Not clearly stating the Korthos Grog DDO store quest is optional and can't abandon it
- New players think you need $ payed item to Reincarnate while they can also be earned ingame.
- Steam version bugs! (Not being able to use ingame store and getting stuck on character generation)
- Grabbing ladders underwater make you drown
- Feels easy to pick the wrong option and ruin your character build
- Weapon tooltip disappearing

Last edited:

Crell_1

Character Creation: What are you thoughts on pre-made paths providing a very sub-par gameplay experience? Especially for new players. Any thoughts to updating them? or removing them / cutting down to less of them that can be actively maintained because they fall into the 'trap choice' category?

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
All of my questions are about Vecna Unleashed (except the last) :

- Will it have a wilderness area? If yes, will the slayer cap out at 1.5k, 3k, 5k, 7.5k?

- When can we expect some previews on what will be in it?

- Will there be a new Gen of filigrees in it?

- Any hint on what the new epic destiny will be?

- Any hints on what will be in the ultimate edition besides Darling?

- Will we be able to fight Vecna in it or is that being saved for when our characters are "more legendary"?

- Why does Kill Ten Rats use Ravenloft music? Was that supposed to be a hint towards Vecna Unleashed or did someone decide to just use RL music for aesthetics?

- Any hints on the story after Vecna Unleashed?

- Are we ever going to see an iconic metallic Dragonborn sorcerer (since Bladeforged already grabbed Pally and we need a forgotten realms representative for DB)?

Last edited:

QuantumFX

Now that item swap lag got a fix, what's the next area of technical debt that the DDO team is going to fix?
Can you tell us what the next old raid revamp will be? (aka The raid mentioned in the 2023 roadmap.)