Kali's Favored Soul Healer + Insta-kill Caster build

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
Couple of questions:
1. Why Aureon? Just a personal choice or do you get something out of it for this build?
2. This build will support being the party healer for R4-R5? In a static group and want to be able to maintain their health. Other than a heal, I don't see any other heal spells except the SLA's and Beacons. (I could be missing something as I'm looking at this on a tablet).
3. What point build is this?

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
Couple of questions:
1. Why Aureon? Just a personal choice or do you get something out of it for this build?
2. This build will support being the party healer for R4-R5? In a static group and want to be able to maintain their health. Other than a heal, I don't see any other heal spells except the SLA's and Beacons. (I could be missing something as I'm looking at this on a tablet).
3. What point build is this?
Hi @Eltronin Happy to clarify :)
1. This is mostly a personal choice. The key attraction for me was the level 6 active ability granting a +4 wisdom and +3 spell penetration buff for 2mins 24s every 10 mins. This is because my build also delves a bit into insta-kills and CC.
Fv-S-Healer-Aureon-Instruction.jpg

Prior to Dino gear, my main weapon was the 'Staff of the Summer Solstice'. FvS giving free WIS to-hit and dmg, I thought Aureon could also create room for future potential for this build to do a bit of melee (DDO being a game that changes so often).
For anyone who doesn't invest in DCs, or who is put off by the long cooldown, I would probably suggest 'Olladra', as the level 6 ability gives a very large heal that removes a bunch of negative effects. To be completely honest, this build already has a ton of healing, this would be overkill.

2. There is a ton of healing, and indeed, it is not particularly obvious at first sight (especially considering how deceptive the spell list looks ref healing). I can confidently say I heal R6-10's easily (and by this I mean without running out of spells, being stuck waiting for cooldowns to clear, nor drinking any mana potions). I did try to list the healing abilities, to be as specific and concise as possible:

Primary aim(s) of the build:
1. Primary party Healer
- Key abilities:
> Beacon of Hope: 'Flame of the Favored [T5]' + 'Beacons: Grace [C2] & Hope [C4]' + SLAs: 'Heal [T5] & Close wounds [T2]' + 'Might's reward: WIS [T2]'
> Favored Soul (FvS) spells: 'Divine Wrath'; 'Heal'
> Exalted Angel: 'Angelic Form: Mantle [T2] & Holy Presence [T4]' + SLA: 'Mass Cure Moderate Wounds [T3]'; 'Angelic Charge: Heavenly Blessing [C4]' + 'Ascendance [T5]'
> Primal Avatar: 'Spring to Summer [T1]' + 'Reborn in Fire [T2]' + 'Rejuvenation Cocoon [T1]'
> Aasimar: 'Healing Hands'

> Beacon of Hope gives you top notch healing. The healing wall is the big star of the show and the beacons are just amazing for heals. Close wounds is a hidden gem: it's super fast, and dirt cheap. Great for quick heals on the tank, or topping up characters here and there.
> Exalted Angel gives passive healing via the aura, and this should not be downplayed: a WIS based build gets a nice boost to the heal skill, and therefore, extra Positive spell power. This is just a basic sample with a couple of numbers from the aura heal, in a tavern (fully geared):
Fv-S-Healer-Aura-passive-heals.jpg

Also in Exalted Angel, when you leap, it AoE heals allies near where you land. There's also an AoE healing SLA spell.
Fv-S-Healer-Heavenly-Blessing-EA-C4.jpg

> Primal avatar SLA spells heal AoE, while at the same time damaging enemies.
> Nearly forgot to mention 'Divine Wrath': lovely for AoE healing, while damaging enemies

Fv-S-Healer-Hero-34-point-build.jpg

Hope these answers are helpful!

Last edited:

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
Hi @Eltronin Happy to clarify :)
1. This is mostly a personal choice. The key attraction for me was the level 6 active ability granting a +4 wisdom and +3 spell penetration buff for 2mins 24s every 10 mins. This is because my build also delves a bit into insta-kills and CC.
Fv-S-Healer-Aureon-Instruction.jpg

Prior to Dino gear, my main weapon was the 'Staff of the Summer Solstice'. FvS giving free WIS to-hit and dmg, I thought Aureon could also create room for future potential for this build to do a bit of melee (DDO being a game that changes so often).
For anyone who doesn't invest in DCs, or who is put off by the long cooldown, I would probably suggest 'Olladra', as the level 6 ability gives a very large heal that removes a bunch of negative effects. To be completely honest, this build already has a ton of healing, this would be overkill.

2. There is a ton of healing, and indeed, it is not particularly obvious at first sight (especially considering how deceptive the spell list looks ref healing). I can confidently say I heal R6-10's easily (and by this I mean without running out of spells, being stuck waiting for cooldowns to clear, nor drinking any mana potions). I did try to list the healing abilities, to be as specific and concise as possible:

Primary aim(s) of the build:
1. Primary party Healer
- Key abilities:
> Beacon of Hope: 'Flame of the Favored [T5]' + 'Beacons: Grace [C2] & Hope [C4]' + SLAs: 'Heal [T5] & Close wounds [T2]' + 'Might's reward: WIS [T2]'
> Favored Soul (FvS) spells: 'Divine Wrath'; 'Heal'
> Exalted Angel: 'Angelic Form: Mantle [T2] & Holy Presence [T4]' + SLA: 'Mass Cure Moderate Wounds [T3]'; 'Angelic Charge: Heavenly Blessing [C4]' + 'Ascendance [T5]'
> Primal Avatar: 'Spring to Summer [T1]' + 'Reborn in Fire [T2]' + 'Rejuvenation Cocoon [T1]'
> Aasimar: 'Healing Hands'

> Beacon of Hope gives you top notch healing. The healing wall is the big star of the show and the beacons are just amazing for heals. Close wounds is a hidden gem: it's super fast, and dirt cheap. Great for quick heals on the tank, or topping up characters here and there.
> Exalted Angel gives passive healing via the aura, and this should not be downplayed: a WIS based build gets a nice boost to the heal skill, and therefore, extra Positive spell power. This is just a basic sample with a couple of numbers from the aura heal, in a tavern (fully geared):
Fv-S-Healer-Aura-passive-heals.jpg

Also in Exalted Angel, when you leap, it AoE heals allies near where you land. There's also an AoE healing SLA spell.
Fv-S-Healer-Heavenly-Blessing-EA-C4.jpg

> Primal avatar SLA spells heal AoE, while at the same time damaging enemies.
> Nearly forgot to mention 'Divine Wrath': lovely for AoE healing, while damaging enemies

Fv-S-Healer-Hero-34-point-build.jpg

Hope these answers are helpful!
Yes, thank you. Was on the fence between Morninglord Cleric (18d6 undead damage no save and the 2 Rejuvenation of dawns) or Favoured Soul. Cleric worried me for SP's where as FVS gets double on many things. Thinking I will go with this and see what happens, if I don't like it, LR to a cleric. Again thank you.

Kalibano

Yes, thank you. Was on the fence between Morninglord Cleric (18d6 undead damage no save and the 2 Rejuvenation of dawns) or Favoured Soul. Cleric worried me for SP's where as FVS gets double on many things. Thinking I will go with this and see what happens, if I don't like it, LR to a cleric. Again thank you.
I had a cleric healer a long time ago, and in my sincere opinion, FvS is a million times better than Cleric.
Apart from mana, as you pointed out, the healing aura from Radiant servant (as well as the healing burst) require very close proximity to the front line of battle.
FvS's healing wall alone makes it amazing, not only to heal from a distance, but also to drop a healing wall on one spot, then focus your attention a bit more on other party members who are in different locations. I have to say the Beacons have an excellent range, and will not require you to be extremely near the battle, like the Radiant Servant does.
Just my own experience: hope you enjoy this build, and if not, like you said, it's easy enough to TR and go Cleric :)

Kalibano

An extra note ref mana:
These have proven to be invaluable to all my casters, particularly my healer (in case you don't know about them/don't have them):
Rings-of-Spell-Storing.jpg

> They can all be held in your inventory, despite them saying 'Exclusive', because they are Legendary, Epic and regular versions (i.e. you can't have 2 Legendary rings in your inventory)
> They are Bound to Account, so can be dropped in the shared bank at the end of a hard's day questing, and easily picked up by your alts before questing
> Since making them, I have used mana pots extremely rarely, and if I have, it has been my Wizard when pushing new content difficulty, and I am the only with CC in the group

Last edited:

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
An extra note ref mana:
These have proven to be invaluable to all my casters, particularly my healer:
Rings-of-Spell-Storing.jpg

> They can all be held in your inventory, despite them saying 'Exclusive', because they are Legendary, Epic and regular versions (i.e. you can't have 2 Legendary rings in your inventory)
> They are Bound to Account, so can be dropped in the shared bank at the end of a hard's day questing, and easily picked up by your alts before questing
> Since making them, I have used mana pots extremely rarely, and if I have, it has been my Wizard when pushing new content difficulty, and I am the only with CC in the group
Yes, I have 2/3. Just need to make a legendary one. Made sure to get those when I went Sorc as I wasn't sure how it would work.

Kalibano

I have a Sacred Fist 17/ FvS 2/monk 1 who is currently at level 24. Eventually, I will post that build in my repository, as so far, it's going great!
His main trees are Radiant Servant and GMoF, but I also delve a bit in Exalted Angel (inc healing mantle), and it's proven to be the most fun (and, as a bonus, efficient) way I personally found to play a Radiant Servant character = being a battle priest!

Last edited:

Kalibano

Updated the Starting Stats to include how many points the build has (in brackets).
Hopefully this helps avoid confusion :)

Kalibano

Epic Destinies updated to include an extra point gained from unlocking Machrotecnic.

N.B. At this point in time, my builds will NOT include the +1 Universal Tree (Morgrave) bonus.
Unfortunately, for those of us who actively play several alts, the
Ultimate Bundle offering bank space that is useful to one character only is, frankly, not an offer that adequately supports and incentivises playing with alts. Storage is still a massive issue (particularly for multi-alt players like me), that I sadly feel is still not being addressed in a fair and efficient manner. Since the Ultimate Bundle does not support my playstyle, I sadly chose not to support the game in an ultimate manner on this occasion.

Down the line, this tome will be acquired with DDO points (when I can combine double point sales + tome sale), and the builds that depend on universal trees will be the ones to receive suggestions on where to spend it first.

Last edited:

Kalibano

As several people have requested/suggested this (particularly in Discord), I am working towards sharing the DDOBuilder files for all my builds, since I use that program to do all my planning. Hopefully they will be valuable for using in conjunction with their respective forum threads.

The main thread for this build has been updated to include this, under the main title:
4. Kali's Favored Soul Healer + Insta-kill caster build
DDOBuilder file for this build. You can find and download Maetrim's DDOBuilder here.

Do let me know is anyone has issues downloading the file from Goggle Drive (fingers crossed I got all the settings right!)

Very hopeful this will be a useful addition to my threads: thanks to everyone who suggested this.

N.B.
I arrange my DDOBuilder screen as per the image below (not this build in the image), as it helps me view the key aspects of my builds far more easily than opening and closing a bunch of windows. Just thought I'd share my experience, in case its useful:
Maetrim-s-DDOBuilder-sample.jpg

Maetrim's builder is really amazing, I highly recommend it!

Last edited:

Kalibano

The main post has been edited to include buttons to click and expand info.
I used the spoiler tool, as it provided the effect I desired: there are no spoilers, though :)

The aim was to reduce potential visual overload, as well as the overall length of the main post. This creates potential to include more breakdowns.

I'd be keen to hear feedback from anyone who frequently visits my threads: do you prefer this layout?
I am working slowly towards doing the same for all other builds: hope this enhances everyone's experience when visiting and exploring!

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Great build Kalibano!

Don't worry about anyone that insists posting MAX everything. Personal preferences are rarely negotiable, and shouldn't be. It's FAR MORE VALUABLE to post an achievable build that the majority can use. If someone wants to take the build in a different direction that's a sign that your build and thread is awesome. Which it is.

Kalibano

Great build Kalibano!

Don't worry about anyone that insists posting MAX everything. Personal preferences are rarely negotiable, and shouldn't be. It's FAR MORE VALUABLE to post an achievable build that the majority can use. If someone wants to take the build in a different direction that's a sign that your build and thread is awesome. Which it is.
Thank you @LeslieWest_GuitarGod for the very nice comments.

I am really pleased the builds give inspiration and ideas for people to come up with their own builds, makes all this effort worth it for sure :)

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Thank you @LeslieWest_GuitarGod for the very nice comments.

I am really pleased the builds give inspiration and ideas for people to come up with their own builds, makes all this effort worth it for sure :)
My Mississippi Queen Haggle Bard build back in 2009 was one of the most viewed builds ever in DDO (from the old forum). I built her build up, and fleshed her story out. It became a place of great bard discussion. I spent years helping bards out, on and off the forum. Originally she was just a toon to help my guild buy healing scrolls, wands and accessories for raids and from that mild mannered simpleton, came a formidable build that could CC and heal any content in the game. She survived every new iteration of DDO since '09. FREAKIN BLAST to play. Was never a solo build she was a team player. Her goal was to make every guild run better, easier and FUN.

Personally though, it was also to SURPRISE everyone what a simple build can do IN THE RIGHT HANDS. That was the beauty of DDO -- and it still is.

Last edited:

Kalibano

Info on spell schools added to the Aims section.
Hopefully this makes it easier to see which are the primary focus of the build.

Enjoy! :)

DeaHamlet

Do you think this build would suffer tremendously as a human? I have a second life FVS in need of a rescue (so old, she has the lesser hearts they gave when they redid enhancements so I don't even know what she was meant to be back then - all wiped). I dread 3rd life XP so I'd rather keep her human and lesser reincarnate. Your build intrigues me - healer and instakills/CC on the side. It'd be a good start to try reapers as I like to heal in harder content.

Kalibano

Do you think this build would suffer tremendously as a human? I have a second life FVS in need of a rescue (so old, she has the lesser hearts they gave when they redid enhancements so I don't even know what she was meant to be back then - all wiped). I dread 3rd life XP so I'd rather keep her human and lesser reincarnate. Your build intrigues me - healer and instakills/CC on the side. It'd be a good start to try reapers as I like to heal in harder content.
Hi @DeaHamlet

Thanks for your message, happy to share some thoughts :)

I totally get you ref dreading TR XP: I hate TRing! It's just a nuisance having to go through a million lives first to get to play the class and race you really want. It keeps the game alive, but it's just plain annoying. There is a very vibrant gaming experience that first lifers (or those with minimal past lives) can have, which is great! I personally do not feel any hindrance at all: I do every and any quest I want in all difficulties. Mind you, I have been around since 2006: knowledge of the game is a very important factor to make any build work.

All in all, Human would be fine, and taking it to endgame (and doing raids and reaper quests) will help you get a good feel for it. Personally, I'd do all the endgame quests at least once each in reaper mode, to get first time xp. You can then decide if you want to move to Aasimar, as it's definitely superior overall.

I suppose the key attractions of Aasimar, to me, are:
- 30 positive spellpower (which is comparable to what an endgame set bonus would grant you, so not that insignificant)​
- the extra spell pen (+ spell points attached) is very helpful, especially when doing insta-kills and CC on the side, in-between healing. I was doing Vecna chain 2 R8 yesterday and there were some mobs (e.g. devils) that my spells sometimes did not bypass their spell resistance. I was def focused on healing, so it was the odd occasion, on the side, where Greater Command or Implosion, for instance, wouldn't bypass SR.​
- Healing hands, based on WIS, is very nice, but this build could do without since it's got a lot of sources of healing​
- starting with 20 wisdom is very helpful for DCs, but also extra heal skill = healing (and Aasimar also gets +2 racial bonus to heal skill)​
- Ascendant bond's extra HP and defenses are very nice indeed​

Ref the Action Points for heroic trees if you go Human:
> perhaps invest a bit more in Angel of Vengeance, to pick a few more bits from tier 4​
> if you decide to put some points in the Human tree, I'd probably pick up​
- Spell Power Action Boost + WIS from the cores​
- Action surge, for extra WIS when you use action boosts​
- maybe Traditionalist caster, for extra spell power, or maybe some Healing amplification?​
> Feydark Illusionist might be of interest, but I personally don't think it's very synergistic​
Hope this was helpful, and that you enjoy the build if you decide to give it a go! :)

Last edited:

Kalibano

U66 changes (updated in the main post and DDOBuilder file)
Some changes were made to the main Epic Destiny used by this build: Exalted Angel.

> The key active changes I made were:
  • Exalted Angel
    • I've done some re-shuffling and additions, since the were quite a few changes/adjustments
      • most notable change was the inclusion of the turn undead enhancements, primarily to benefit fully from the epic moment, and since the investment was there, to also use Shadows Upon You.
    • the total number of points spent is now 37, rather than 38
> Swapped Primal Avatar's T4 Nature's Blessing (-2 APs) for Draconic Incarnation's T1 'Arcane Studies' (3 ranks)
  • the extra spellcraft and spellpower feels more desirable than the extra HPs
  • this also paves the way towards C2, and the spell cost reduction
Pre-U66:
Fv-S-Healer-Epic-Destinies-pre-U66.jpg

... with the changes indicated above:
Fv-S-Healer-Epic-Destinies.jpg

> The key passive changes were mostly positive:
  • Exalted Angel
    • Bane of Undeath now allows you to use your character level instead of your class level for Turn Undead
    • Angelic Form is now: "Your offensive Fire spells deal 1d6+6 bonus Fire damage per caster level, and your offensive Light spells now deal 1d6+6 bonus Light damage per caster level. Your Positive Healing spells heal 1d6 extra Positive Healing per caster level. These damage effects each have a unique cooldown of 5 seconds."
    • Angelic Body is now: "While within your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle, you gain +5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating, and are immune to Natural Poisons and Natural Diseases."
    • Shadows Upon You now also reduces Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating by 1 per stack.
    • Holy Presence and Angelic Soul have swapped places.
    • Angelic Soul is now: "Your Wrathful Form and Angelic Form now apply Consecrated Cinders to enemies and Consecrated Sparks to allies. Consecrated Cinders: -5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Consecrated Sparks: +5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating"
    • Holy Presence is now: "While in your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle, you gain 15% damage absorption to all Elemental (Fire, Cold, Electric, Acid, Poison, Sonic) and Alignment (Good, Evil, Lawful, Chaotic) damage."
    • Delayed Judgement DC scaling is now enchantment
    • Holy Fireball damage adjusted to 1d6+4 Fire and 1d6+4 Light damage per caster level. Cooldown Adjusted to 10 seconds.
    • Ascendance is now: Epic Moment. For the next 20 seconds, your single-target Cure Wounds spells you cast on any target now instead apply to all allies. These spells cannot crit. For the duration of this ability, Raise Dead and Resurrection also raise your target to full HP like True Resurrection does. Finally, your Turn Undead can now turn any type of creature regardless of genus, can destroy things it turns, and you gain +3 to each Turn Undead stat per Religious Lore feat.
    • Metamagic Attunement II in tier 5 no longer grants spell power (was moved to tier 2 Divine Protection)

• Primal Avatar:
    • Spring to Summer AOE damage adjusted to 1d6+6 per Caster Level

With the changes indicated above, the build remains good to go as is :) Enjoy!