Kali's Paladin Knight of the Chalice THF CHA Melee DPS build

Rhunah

Apart from the TOEE items, Outburst and some augments, I have everything together.
It's already very enjoyable to play in Vecna on R1.
Goal achieved.
Thanks for the guide and your help.

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
U66 changes (updated in the forums and DDOBuilder file)
Basically no active changes required for this build.

> The few passive changes were all positive:
  • Divine Crusader
    • Core Abilities now grant +25 Hit Points.
    • Core 4 damage now correctly scales with Melee/Ranged Power.

The build remains good to go as is :) Enjoy!

Last edited:

Bardo

Hi Kali, I love the build and have been playing it for quite some time. A couple questions though:
Why picking the 2 weapon focus feats? isn't Thoughness a better pick, or any other thing? Would this build be viable multiclassing with 5 levels of Dragonlord for extra CC?

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
Hi Kali, I love the build and have been playing it for quite some time. A couple questions though:
Why picking the 2 weapon focus feats? isn't Thoughness a better pick, or any other thing? Would this build be viable multiclassing with 5 levels of Dragonlord for extra CC?
Hey there. Glad you like the build! :)

Happy to clarify/ share some thoughts:
- the 2 weapon focus feats are mainly due to a lack of 'better' DPS options. It's not all bad, though: melee power, in particular, is not found in a lot of places. Though the bonus value may seem meager, it's helpful to compare the values with what can be achieved elsewhere: e.g. the capstone for KoTC grants +10 (and requires very heavy investment), those 2 feats grant +4.
If defensiveness turns out to be more desirable to you, then I'd say go for it :)

- Dragon Lord is great for multiclassing, and it would certainly synergise with this build, since it is CHA-based. So ya, I think it would be viable and fun too. Having said so, KotC's capstone (C6) is very powerful, and in my opinion, makes it worth staying pure. Tactical DCs are already in a nice spot, since this build gets stacking bonuses from Divine Might and PDK Cormyrean Knight training.

Hope this was helpful :)

Last edited: