Kali's Wizard Pale Master Insta-kill + CC caster build

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
Kali's Wizard Pale Master Insta-kill + CC caster build (click me!)

The links above will take you to the main thread, where you will find details/ screenshots for this build. Hope you find it useful, and I would be really grateful if you could post any questions and constructive comments/ suggestions in the original thread via the link.

If you would like to check other builds, come and visit my Build Repository

Last edited:

Kalibano

Build Designer & Fun Lover!
U66 changes (updated in the main post and DDOBuilder file)
Some changes were made to the main Epic Destiny used by this build: Magus of the Eclipse.

> The key active changes I made were:
  • Magus of the Eclipse
    • I've done some re-shuffling and additions, since the costs and positions of some of the enhancements were adjusted

• Primal Avatar:
    • as of U66, the Primal Avatar T2 spell 'Shard Storm' no longer has the T1 Epic Strike as a pre-requisite
    • as this build only uses the Magus of the Eclipse epic strike, I swapped the PA T1 epic strike for T1 Spider of the Deeps
Pre-U66:
Wiz-Pale-Master-Epic-Destinies-pre-U66.jpg

... with the changes indicated above:
Wiz-Pale-Master-Epic-Destinies.jpg

> The key passive changes were mostly positive:
  • Magus of the Eclipse
    • Action Point costs of several abilities have been adjusted to try to get this tree closer to the goal of 60-ish AP for all abilities like other Destiny Trees. It's still below other trees, but now the margin is less severe
    • All Core abilities now grant +1 Spell Penetration each
    • Core 4 now grants +3 Spell Penetration (which is still total of 7 across all 4 cores + 3 from core 4, but is now spread out a bit and easier to access.)
    • Gloom Spear now deals 1d8+8 damage per caster level
    • Chill Aura is now a multiselector with: "Flash of the Eclipse: While in your Magus of the Eclipse Destiny Mantle, your Cold and Negative spells have a chance to blast your target for an additional 1d6+6 damage per character level of the same type as the spell used, as well as applying one stack of Shattermantle. Each element can only strike once every 5 seconds, tracked separately."
    • Lunar Imbuement is now: "Gloom Spear grants you +5 Negative, Cold, Force, and Universal Spell Power for 12 seconds, and these spells apply 5 stacks of Vulnerability to the enemy struck."
    • New Tier 4 where Null Magic Strike was: "Lunar Studies: While in your Magus of the Eclipse Destiny Mantle, you gain Spell Resistance, Magic Resistance Rating, and Magic Resistance Rating Cap equal to 3 times the number of Metamagic feats you've acquired."
    • Lunar Power is now: "+10 Negative, Cold, Force, and Universal spell power. Your Moon Lance and Gloom Spear spells now deal 1d12+16 damage to enemies with 0 or less Spell Resistance."
    • Improved Arcane Pulse is now named Unholy Pulse and grants +15 negative amplification in addition to its existing effects.

• Shadowdancer
    • Core abilities now grant +15 HP and +25 SP.

With the changes indicated above, the build remains good to go as is :) Enjoy!