Korthos

Aelonwy

I'd only be for a revisit to Korthos if it was new or extended quests that further explain what was going on. For example, Misery's Peak has zero Sahaugin. Why were the Sahaugin working for/with the cultists? What was the Mindflayer's ultimate goal? Where did the giant Scrag come from? Give us the option to destroy it. Give us a chance to go underwater to the Sahaugin base and destroy it. We can't fight Aussircaex because she is alive for Prey on the Hunter... maybe a different dragon has come to Korthos to make its home? Explain more Heyton's connection to House Cannith. There's a play about a Hero that comes from or visits Korthos in House Phiarlan's Partycrashers quest... expand the village a bit and put a tomb/shrine somewhere to reinforce that connection.

I would really love after the grotto intro quest to be able to get back down to (a replica of) that beach from the village.

Uppsy

I'd only be for a revisit to Korthos if it was new or extended quests that further explain what was going on. For example, Misery's Peak has zero Sahaugin. Why were the Sahaugin working for/with the cultists? What was the Mindflayer's ultimate goal? Where did the giant Scrag come from? Give us the option to destroy it. Give us a chance to go underwater to the Sahaugin base and destroy it. We can't fight Aussircaex because she is alive for Prey on the Hunter... maybe a different dragon has come to Korthos to make its home? Explain more Heyton's connection to House Cannith. There's a play about a Hero that comes from or visits Korthos in House Phiarlan's Partycrashers quest... expand the village a bit and put a tomb/shrine somewhere to reinforce that connection.

I would really love after the grotto intro quest to be able to get back down to (a replica of) that beach from the village.
I love this idea!!

droid327

I don't think they could import Korthos to Legendary directly because the quests are, by design, rudimentary, and that'd make them too easy to run for RXP etc. at cap. You'd have to change them so thoroughly that you might as well just design entirely new quests.

The_Apocalypse

I like the idea of...
Return to Korthos!
Back to Korthos to squelch a new and powerful (lvl32) threat! Have the Big Bad be a Dracolich of the original White Dragon and most of the mobs be undead, with Sahuagin necromancers with minions decorating the wilderness, and human necromancers with minions decorating most of the quests. Of course the MAIN badguys/quest bosses are necromantic Liches, including an uberlich (who killed the white dragon and dracoliched it) in the final battle controlling the Dracolich.

Last edited:

CherryBomb

Something that would be fun would be a new Legacy Island area which would have all/many of the original quests in the game. Stepping 15+ years into the past with memories of the original Korthos and perhaps other deprecated quests.. Perhaps this could be a new anniversary quest pack that gets fired up once a year.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Epic (EPIC NOT Legendary!) Korthos.. 26-30ish.. Don't need Airship fights, just plenty of things to kill! ..more populated than Epic(?) 3BC. Slayer Bonanza!

HoopleHead

Fully agree. epic 3bc they did a great job with the story even linking it to Velah and the prophecy! I also firmly believe Necro 4 epic was absolutely amazingly well done. Learning all about Vol to her back story from journals. Rlly nice.
I fully agree im fed up of content being copy and pasted and hp numbers of mobs being just hammered up.
i would love to see more effort put in if they redo packs and turn them into epic/legendary difficulty for them to give that new difficulty theyre making from heroic a new story !
l chrono was such a big smack in the face. I thought we was finally gonna rescue Nat ;(
I love me some Cindy Robinson... but in a bunch of the journals.. and ESPECIALLY the raid, she almost sounds like a teen cheerleader.. it's ... odd....

Uppsy

I love me some Cindy Robinson... but in a bunch of the journals.. and ESPECIALLY the raid, she almost sounds like a teen cheerleader.. it's ... odd....
Then I'd argue she done a good job :p the reason why I believe she did is because Vol is supposed to sound like that due to her technically dying when she was a child (transformed into a lich by her mother). This was in Journal 5 & 6 :)