Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Lazuli

Hunts end is still strong, albeit not as OP as it was. adrenaline is still strong, rangers are getting AOE, only casters are getting gutted.
Stop denying it.
The reality is that this update nerfs both casters and rangeds very hard. Fighting over who has received the biggest nerf makes no sense. The reality is that neither caster nor ranged dps deserved a nerf now. Currently melee dps is king, so why a nerf to the other playstyles?

KylerrTheMajty

The reality is that this update nerfs both casters and rangeds very hard. Fighting over who has received the biggest nerf makes no sense. The reality is that neither caster nor ranged dps deserved a nerf now. Currently melee dps is king, so why a nerf to the other playstyles?
not melee dps is king , king is 1-2 builds other melee builds are crap

Lazuli

not melee dps is king , king is 1-2 builds other melee builds are crap
The same thing happens with other playstyles. Among the casters there are 3 classes that have good dps (and even so their sustainability is bad, they have no place in raids), the rest have crap dps. Among the ranged, there are a couple of good builds, the rest is crap.

If we compare melees that have mediocre dps with casters or rangeds that have mediocre dps, you would be surprised to see that the melees don't come out badly.

Raedier

Adrenaline is king, with rc and sdk, reigning supreme ofc but barb, bear and pally all can do crazy dps with good survivability, getting outshined by rc and sdk does not mean they are crap.

PraetorPlato

Fatesinger:
Arrow of Discord
This ability is now an AOE.
This ability now deals +15% damage (was 30%).

Shadowstrike (Ranged)
This ability is now an AOE.
This ability now deals +25% damage (was 50%).

Seems buffed for you? For me, it's pure nerf by 100% damage. But it's not worst nerf, yea, because other now-AoE attacks nerfed by 200% damage.
Myass, in comparison with the upcoming changes, even IPS looks like the king of the balance: it reduces damage by only 20% and can be turned off during a fight with the boss!
Why bother to roll ranged toon at all after U66?
You should test on lam! Fatesinger strike is hugely buffed in terms of sonic damage, well into the 10s of thousands now. Tonquin added another bug fix so that all of that doubleshots now, so it’s a ton of damage.

Shadow strike got cut to 8 second cooldown, so the proc is now 100% uptime. This is pretty good, especially for styles that don’t hit the ICD.

Also, neither of those are 100% damage nerfs, lol. 1.3 multiplier to 1.15 multiplier is a 12% nerf or so, not a 100% nerf.

PraetorPlato

Actually a melee range spell with 1d6+5 on a 12 sec cd is terrible and not at all better then a long range 3 second(2 sec with 30%CD-R easily achievable) 1d6+7
Now if the 1d6+5 “epic strike” is something players are supposed to be excited for once they hit lvl 20, I can say I will not be. It is horrendous.
DBF is arguably 5 times more DPS the moment u hit lvl 20 and pick up DB, which nobody ever will.
Even at later levels with having the tier4 DB upgrade it is still terrible.
And need me to say it again? DBF is affected by enlarge and can be cast from the other side of the map!
Let’s see DPs comparison of 2sec(30%cdr) DBF vs tier4 upgraded DB, DBF is still 4 times the DPS of DB!!!
Dbreath just isn’t a DPS strike anymore, it’s an alpha AoE strike. It’s still pretty solid at that, especially once you get the upgrade. At cap, it’s on the order of 30% more damage than DBF. If that’s not a button you want to press at cap, that’s fine, but it’s not at all useless!

I agree it’s a solid nerf to caster DPS (-4-5k?) but some of it comes back in Magus.

Abramax

Dbreath just isn’t a DPS strike anymore, it’s an alpha AoE strike. It’s still pretty solid at that, especially once you get the upgrade. At cap, it’s on the order of 30% more damage than DBF. If that’s not a button you want to press at cap, that’s fine, but it’s not at all useless!

I agree it’s a solid nerf to caster DPS (-4-5k?) but some of it comes back in Magus.
An Alpha AOE strike = Coordinated Strike from Tier 4 Falconry
DB is a "not so bad" AOE for the risk I take to get so close to mobs.
Dragon Breath has not a better AOE than Delayed Blast Fireball.
Now that is right when we compare :
- DragonBreath (epic strike lvl 20) damage 1d6+5 max caster lvl 20 (and DB is the only spell in DI when others epic destinies got 2)
- Delayed Blast Fireball (heroic spell lvl 13/14) damage 1d6+7 max caster lvl 20
This is absolutely ridiculous...
No sense of game design

Last edited:

Fisto Mk I

Also, neither of those are 100% damage nerfs, lol. 1.3 multiplier to 1.15 multiplier is a 12% nerf or so, not a 100% nerf.
Lol, nice try, yea. But 1 in your 1.3 and 1.15 irrelevant, because it's just base flat damage from simple strike. Before, ability add 30% to base damage, after - only 15%, twice less. Added damage nerfed by 100%. ;)

PraetorPlato

Lol, nice try, yea. But 1 in your 1.3 and 1.15 irrelevant, because it's just base flat damage from simple strike. Before, ability add 30% to base damage, after - only 15%, twice less. Added damage nerfed by 100%. ;)
......yes, but that's an *added* damage nerf, not a *damage* nerf. Your damage is not reduced by 100% if the added damage is reduced by 100%. Both of those strikes are factually getting buffed if you try out an actual DPS rotation—the sonic damage is huge, and the 100% uptime paranoia is quite big.

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
Guys seriously...

Have any of you actually tried any of these changes out on LIVE??

Ranged got a MASSIVE BUFF.

AoE Nuke damage at the speed of a repeater - ZERO mana.

Stop LARPING.

Fisto Mk I

......yes, but that's an *added* damage nerf, not a *damage* nerf.

Agreed. 8)

Your damage is not reduced by 100% if the added damage is reduced by 100%. Both of those strikes are factually getting buffed if you try out an actual DPS rotation—the sonic damage is huge, and the 100% uptime paranoia is quite big.
Well, let's see when it come to live... You haven't convinced me yet. ;)

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Not sure whether this has been mentioned yet as I didn't have time to read the entire thread, but he Magus of the Eclipse tree now has two enhancements called Moontouched.

Tier 1, enhancement 3 and Tier 2 enhancement 1

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is MASS FROG the tier 5 being fixed with the update
What exactly wrong with mass frog (been ages since I last used it)? Tonquin/Torc/Steel/others have fixed a bunch of broken stuff so far like chain cure, energy vortex, etc. from detailed reports about issues. I don't recall anyone giving specific details about mass frog and issues with it (between lam1 & 2, it's been a few hundred pages of posts so maybe someone did and I missed it).

Raedier

The only thing DB will be solid at is tickling the mobs stop kidding urself.
Nothing alpha about that.
Having to invest 4 EDP for that is just foolery.

DBZ

It was a useful leveling tool thats all and it took alot of work investment dcs to even do that

PraetorPlato

There was no need to invest in DCs for epics, you can sit at 65 with not much effort which is plenty.

At 26, old DB dealt (2d6+20)/CL, a decent sorc would be at CL 36, 25% crit damage, 60% crit chance or so, 1k sp post-metas. That's *27k* damage on a crit to mobs with like 4k hp, total overkill.

New DB is probably on the low side because all caster damage is, but DBF is still a very solid tool at cap, and fire sorc is one of the three contenders for most AoE in the game. New DB deals 30% more damage and can be used on classes with less aoe. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to, but it's objectively not useless.

Raedier

There was no need to invest in DCs for epics, you can sit at 65 with not much effort which is plenty.

At 26, old DB dealt (2d6+20)/CL, a decent sorc would be at CL 36, 25% crit damage, 60% crit chance or so, 1k sp post-metas. That's *27k* damage on a crit to mobs with like 4k hp, total overkill.

New DB is probably on the low side because all caster damage is, but DBF is still a very solid tool at cap, and fire sorc is one of the three contenders for most AoE in the game. New DB deals 30% more damage and can be used on classes with less aoe. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to, but it's objectively not useless.
For levelling yeah it won’t be terrible. There are hardly any builds that don’t work in epics on elite/r1. At lvl cap, raids and higher reaper it will be entirely useless.