Lock ups

Tremes

My game has 5-10 second lockups, ever since the last update. Was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues or is this just a new problem for me? If anyone knows what this is and has a fix for it , I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Jeronimo

I have the same issue and many other reported it on the old forums. I have seen that someone claimed that disabling sound helps, but I haven't tried that... cannot play without sound. 😁

Gambrul

Absolutely. In all of my time playing, since 2009, I have never had this issue until the last update. It started happened after U59, continued after the hotfix, and persists now. It is not related to whatever is happening in a quest at any given time, as it happens both during and between battles, so does not seem to be connected to high numbers of graphical effects (e.g. many explosive spells).
I have redone the 'detect optimal settings' option for graphics a few times, to no avail.

No system changes anytime near U59 release.
Running 64 bit client.

Last edited:

Pickyt

I have been having a similar issue, except my keyboard and mouse essentially die. The NPCs still do their animations and other players move around me but I can't do anything. I can't type in game or even leave the game. My keyboard and mouse become completely unresponsive to the point that I have to physically press the power button on my CPU tower to shut down/restart my computer. Once I restart, everything works fine. This has happened 3 times in the last 3 days. Totally at random. The first 2 times it happened, I'd been AFK for a bit but today, I was actively going through my character bank and my keyboard stopped responding but my mouse worked... for about 3 more seconds then it stopped responding as well.

I just posted about this same issue. Small lag spikes then a huge 10 sec freeze up.

At times, my character stops responding but everything else is moving and no lag, it's just my character that stops taking commands...this update really screwed things up.
But it has to be a setting or a specific hardware issue maybe, because it is only certain people its happening too...at least that's what I would think