Looking for a build 12 druid base

Saturn

Hi guys,
I saw some players hanging around with kind of 12 druid / 6 barb and 2 WK or FVS or whatever.

Do someone could post a full build in this spirit ?

And atm with the old forum issues, it doesn't help ...

Thank for sharing :)

FuzzyDuck81

Not a full build, but from that split I'd guess the idea is a raging bear druid, tier 5 & 1st 3 cores in frenzied berserker enhancement line then tier 4 in nature's protector (undying beast & beast awakened especially), with warlock letting you take eldritch aura since in combat that'll count for spellcasting procs to build charges of arcane warrior to buff melee power. A few points in ravager for hardy rage wouldn't go amiss either & if possible fit a few points in occult slayer for extended rage too. Essential feats would be natural fighting, improved critical, quicken spell to prevent healing spells being interrupted then a matter of preference for the rest.

Personally I'd go with 13druid/6barb/1warlock since that'd let me have a couple of level 7 druid spells for regenerate & relentless unslaught. If it's shifter race you can double up on hardy rage since the racial enhancement ones will stack with those from ravager letting you have a very hefty CON boost from your rage with a long duration.

unbongwah

I saw some players hanging around with kind of 12 druid / 6 barb and 2 WK or FVS or whatever.

The baseline for this build is druid 8 (Dire Bear) / barbarian 5 (T5 Frenzied Berkserker) / Favored Soul 1 (Divine Will). That leaves 6 levels to tweak things.
  • More druid: up to level 7 spells, level 12 core enhancements
  • More barbarian: level 6 core enhancements (e.g., Frenzy), extra damage reduction, Greater Rage (while Raged extra +2 STR & CON, +10 Melee Power, +10 PRR in medium armor).
  • More Favored Soul: more spells, access to more enhancements (like Haste Boost and Close Wounds SLA), level 6 deity feat (e.g., Blessing of Silvanus for +2 crit range with mauls).
You could do druid 8 / barbarian 12 but you'll have to pick up a Battle Trance elsewhere (i.e., Falconry or Harper Agent). I don't think any of the barb 12 enhancements are worth giving up Divine Will, but YMMV. The minimum druid 12 / barb 5 combos have the option of combining A True Hunter with Critical Rage (+2 crit range +1 crit multiplier), which might be better for certain weapons than Focused Wrath.

The other thing this build has going for it: the Strikethrough bonuses from Frenzied Berserker carry over to bear form and stack with Natural Fighting bonuses. The downside is you need to take the THF feat chain to "unlock" those FB enhancements, even though the THF feats by themselves do nothing for bear form, so that makes this an extra-feat-starved build (unless you decide to splash fighter instead of FvS).

The warlock splash option is for using Eldritch Aura to proc Arcane Warrior for +20 MP when fully stacked. Since the aura has 5-second cooldown between ticks, it's a minimum of 100 seconds to fully charge Arcane Warrior. And as with druid 8 / barb 12, you'll need an alternative Battle Trance from elsewhere.

Finally, remember you can't cast spells while Raged unless you have either Beast Awakened (Nature's Protector), Empowered by Nature (Wildhunt Shifter), or Draconic Rage (Draconic Incarnation). [Destruction domain only applies to cleric spells.]

Here's a sample build for druid 12 / barbarian 6 / FvS 2:
Dire Barbearian
12/6/2 Druid/Barbarian/Favored Soul
Chaotic Neutral Human

Level Order

1. Druid. . . . . .6. Barbarian . . .11. Druid . . . . .16. Favored Soul
2. Druid. . . . . .7. Barbarian . . .12. Barbarian. . . 17. Druid
3. Druid. . . . . .8. Barbarian . . .13. Druid . . . . .18. Druid
4. Barbarian . . . 9. Druid . . . . .14. Druid . . . . .19. Druid
5. Barbarian . . .10. Druid . . . . .15. Favored Soul . 20. Druid

Stats
. . . . . . . .28pt . . 32pt. . .34pt . . 36pt. . .Level Up
. . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .---- . . ----. . .--------
Strength. . . . 18. . . .18 . . . 18. . . .18 . . . 4: STR
Dexterity . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . 8: STR
Constitution. . 14. . . .14 . . . 15. . . .16 . . .12: STR
Intelligence. . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8. . . . 8 . . .16: STR
Wisdom. . . . . 14. . . .16 . . . 16. . . .16 . . .20: STR
Charisma. . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8. . . . 8 . . .24: STR
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: STR

Feats

.1. . . . : Power Attack
.1 Human. : Two Handed Fighting
.3. . . . : Natural Fighting
.6. . . . : Natural Fighting
.9. . . . : Improved Critical: Slashing
12. . . . : Improved Two Handed Fighting
15. . . . : Greater Two Handed Fighting
18. . . . : Natural Fighting
21 Epic . :
Overwhelming Critical
22 Destiny: Perfect Natural Fighting
24 Epic . : Empower Healing Spell
25 Destiny: Crush Weakness OR Doublestrike
27 Epic . : Blinding Speed
28 Destiny: Harbinger of Chaos
30 Epic . : Epic Damage Reduction
30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea
31 Destiny: Enhanced Elemental Dice OR Doublestrike

.2 Druid. : Wild Shape 1: Bear
10 Druid. : Wild Shape 1: Wolf
14 Druid. : Wild Shape 2: Dire Bear
19 Druid. : Wild Shape 2: Winter Wolf

16 FavSoul: Knowledge of Battle

15 Deity. : Follower of: Sovereign Host

Enhancements (Spent: 80 +0r +0u / Max: 80 +0r +0u AP)

Frenzied Berserker (35 AP)
  • Die Hard, Frenzied Toughness, Frenzy
    1. Extra Rage I, Power Rage II, Athletics III
    2. Angry Arms III, Blood Tribute III, Extra Action Boost III, Sprint Boost I
    3. Mad Munitions III, Supreme Cleave III
    4. Wade In III
    5. Focus Wide, Focused Wrath II, Healing or Hurt: Raging Blows
Nature's Protector (24 AP)
  • Nature's Protector, Nature's Defense, Magical Beast, Big Claws
    1. Rage of the Beast II, Bloody Claws III, Improved Natural Defense: Enchanted Defense III
    2. Primal Beast II, Bloody Claws
    3. Enduring Beast II, Savage Roar, Ursa's Protector: Ursa's Spirit III
    4. Undying Beast, Beast Awakened
Nature's Warrior (12 AP)
  • Natural Adept, Nature's Senses
    1. Extra Wild Empathy II, Beastial Nature II
    2. Flight III, Double Strike Boost I
    3. Essence of the Shrike II
War Soul (8 AP)
  • Smite Foe: Melee
    1. Divine Might: Divine Will III, Toughness I
    2. Haste Boost III
Human (1 AP)
  • Human Versatility: Damage Boost
EDIT: tweaked feat order to move up GTHF and delay 3rd Natural Fighting.

Last edited:

Shear-buckler

The 13 druid, 5 barb, 2 fvs split will IMO get the most milage out of the build. The lvl 6 core in FB is good, but the druid level 7 spell Regenerate is better for most general purposes. The second fvs level saves you important APs by allowing you to pick up haste boost in warpriest instead of VKF.

Scrag

Do pnf and pthf stack modifiers (+25% ability from pthf, .25w for pnf) when in bear mode?

Neurik

Do pnf and pthf stack modifiers (+25% ability from pthf, .25w for pnf) when in bear mode?
I do not think so, as mentioned, the only thing you gain in bear form by taking the combat style feats is the ability to unlock the FB strikethrough bonuses.

"No other combat style-specific feat bonuses (such as Two Weapon Fighting and Shield Mastery) apply while in animal form." I assume this also means PTHF but someone else with more knowledge might weigh in?

Shear-buckler

The 13 druid, 5 barb, 2 fvs split will IMO get the most milage out of the build. The lvl 6 core in FB is good, but the druid level 7 spell Regenerate is better for most general purposes. The second fvs level saves you important APs by allowing you to pick up haste boost in warpriest instead of VKF.

15 Druid 5 Draconic will be pretty cool.

Neurik

Wow yeah you are right on this, you also get a trance and haste boost in Dragon Lord so no need to splash the two FvS.

Haste boost is T2 and T3 Draconic Might.
  • Draconic Might: (Prerequisite: Non-Chaotic Alignment): Battle Trance: You gain an Insight bonus to Attack, Damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Strength modifier for [30/60/120] seconds. Each time you successfully use Trip, Sunder, Stunning Blow, or Dragon's Roar (or their Improved variants), you have a chance to restore 1 charge.

Neurik

I haven't laid out the feats and enhancements yet but what about something like 11 Druid, 5 Barb (tier 5 FB), 4 Dragon Lord (fighter feats, battle trance, haste boost, imbue toggle, more strikethrough, etc). Yes you give up the level 7 druid spells with 13+ druid levels but wonder if what you end up getting in dragon lord makes up for the loss of regenerate? Thoughts on this?

Shear-buckler

I haven't laid out the feats and enhancements yet but what about something like 11 Druid, 5 Barb (tier 5 FB), 4 Dragon Lord (fighter feats, battle trance, haste boost, imbue toggle, more strikethrough, etc). Yes you give up the level 7 druid spells with 13+ druid levels but wonder if what you end up getting in dragon lord makes up for the loss of regenerate? Thoughts on this?

I would skip the barb levels. +2 crit multiplier is the biggest draw in FB tier 5 and you can get that in DL tier 5.

Neurik

I would skip the barb levels. +2 crit multiplier is the biggest draw in FB tier 5 and you can get that in DL tier 5.
I'm assuming this also means you can skip the THF feat chain since you don't need to unlock the strikethrough enhancements in FB? Take things like quicken instead for self/emergency heals?

Shear-buckler

I'm assuming this also means you can skip the THF feat chain since you don't need to unlock the strikethrough enhancements in FB? Take things like quicken instead for self/emergency heals?

Yes exactly, no need for THF feats. Grab quicken for sure.

The specifics of a build really depend on what you plan to run with it, so any details about that would be helpful.

Also give dragon lord another preview or two before you start to plan too much, there can always be unexpected changes.

Neurik

I have been playing an end game Rogue/Ranger ranged build for a long time and I am really just looking for a change of pace. The only PLs I am missing are 2 Iconics (taxabi) and ALL of the Class Archetypes. So my build goal would be to shake things up with my game play for variety and gather some or all of the remaining PLs. I enjoy playing at cap but I could see making a few runs to 20 and back for archetype lives. If I did use Unbongwa's build above I would probably take it to 32 so I could ETR and respec from Druid to Blightcaster to grab those lives.

I do like to solo, so being able to run mid reapers at speed by myself would certainly be a design goal. It has been so long since I have played an end game melee, I do not know what to expect from the standpoint of damage/survivability of the build. My Ranged bow toon can pump the DPS so anything short of that would probably be disappointing. In the end I guess I am just looking for some variety, the additional past lives are just gravy really as the only ones I would really benefit from would be Dark Hunter for the SA damage.

Shear-buckler

I have been playing an end game Rogue/Ranger ranged build for a long time and I am really just looking for a change of pace. The only PLs I am missing are 2 Iconics (taxabi) and ALL of the Class Archetypes. So my build goal would be to shake things up with my game play for variety and gather some or all of the remaining PLs. I enjoy playing at cap but I could see making a few runs to 20 and back for archetype lives. If I did use Unbongwa's build above I would probably take it to 32 so I could ETR and respec from Druid to Blightcaster to grab those lives.

I do like to solo, so being able to run mid reapers at speed by myself would certainly be a design goal. It has been so long since I have played an end game melee, I do not know what to expect from the standpoint of damage/survivability of the build. My Ranged bow toon can pump the DPS so anything short of that would probably be disappointing. In the end I guess I am just looking for some variety, the additional past lives are just gravy really as the only ones I would really benefit from would be Dark Hunter for the SA damage.
Since you want to solo mid reapers I strongly suggest at least 15 druid levels to get Heal. My preference is 18 druid/1 fvs/1 brb. It's lower DPS than the deeper splits for sure but makes up for it in solo survivability.

The 15 druid 5 dragonlord though will be able to get stance and +2 crit multi without giving up heal. If the Dragons roar works as a bear you will have easy no-fail stun, trip and cower meaning you can CC everything that's CC'able.

Neurik

Great, thanks again. I don’t suppose anyone has an optimal gear set layout for this build. I wasted way too much time yesterday trying to fit profane +3 stats and artifact +3 stats while still using Aspect in my helm slot 😂

Neurik

I am running Shear-Buckler's recommended 13 Druid/5 Barb/2 FvS and it really comes into its own around level 12. Just hit level 20 and it has been a LONG time since I have played a melee. I do have an epic SOS that I am using with an 8 slot filigree, figured I would save the sentience kits for cap when I can use a minor artifact to min/max filigree sets. What do people run for melee filigree sets in early epics? Prowess, Ultimate Fury? Also while I am on the subject of low epics, what EDs/Mantle do folks run? I am assuming deep into LD along with LD Mantle along with FoTW and maybe a splash of SD or something else?

Shear-buckler

I am running Shear-Buckler's recommended 13 Druid/5 Barb/2 FvS and it really comes into its own around level 12. Just hit level 20 and it has been a LONG time since I have played a melee. I do have an epic SOS that I am using with an 8 slot filigree, figured I would save the sentience kits for cap when I can use a minor artifact to min/max filigree sets. What do people run for melee filigree sets in early epics? Prowess, Ultimate Fury? Also while I am on the subject of low epics, what EDs/Mantle do folks run? I am assuming deep into LD along with LD Mantle along with FoTW and maybe a splash of SD or something else?

Cool.
I use dreadbringer in early epics.

My typical ED pick is FoTW for adrenaline (must-have), LD mantle for the early +W and later vulnerability. I tend to go crusader as the third tree to get weapons immune to durability damage.

Shear-buckler

The 15 druid 5 dragonlord though will be able to get stance and +2 crit multi without giving up heal. If the Dragons roar works as a bear you will have easy no-fail stun, trip and cower meaning you can CC everything that's CC'able.

Nerfed already. No strength stance for raging bears.