Macrotechnic in Arcane instead of Martial Sphere on wiki?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Whilst I am aware that most of it is caster related or Artificer related (and Artificer is semi-caster based at the very least), but given the Past Life Feat it provides is Martial based, should this not be assigned the Martial sphere instead?

J1NG

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The past life is seperate from the ED. When they updated EDs, the devs talked about how there's no longer a direct link between any given past life and trees so they can release things independently; so in this case the new ED is arcane while the new past life they're adding is a martial one.

J1NG

If that's locked down, then all cool. I just wasn't certain if it was put up before all of it was confirmed first and it was in error. :)

J1NG

J1NG

The only minor concern I have is, if players view the wiki and see the Destiny in the sphere there, and they mistake that the Past Life for that Destiny will yield that Sphere's Past Life (PRR, HP, Absorption or AC). Any chance something can be added to make sure players check that? Because I'm fairly certain that's going to catch a few players out given the "newness" of this design (sphere theme different to Past Life).

J1NG

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I doubt the new past life is called Macrotechnic (just like there's no ED called Colors of the Queen). Spheres for EDs is just a throwback to the old system; they only matter these days for what 4 toggles one can have on and if an epic past life will be an exclusive toggle with another. But yeah, I suppose the ED & past life being released at the same time might cause some people to get confused that they're different spheres.

Kipp

The only minor concern I have is, if players view the wiki and see the Destiny in the sphere there, and they mistake that the Past Life for that Destiny will yield that Sphere's Past Life (PRR, HP, Absorption or AC). Any chance something can be added to make sure players check that? Because I'm fairly certain that's going to catch a few players out given the "newness" of this design (sphere theme different to Past Life).

J1NG
But you just pick the one you want, there is no link between. You can see all the bonuses you get when you select it. If they aren't going to read the past life, they probably wouldn't read any warning. It seems sort of like a solution to a problem that probably wont exist in practice.

J1NG

But you just pick the one you want, there is no link between. You can see all the bonuses you get when you select it. If they aren't going to read the past life, they probably wouldn't read any warning. It seems sort of like a solution to a problem that probably wont exist in practice.
There is no link in the game, I agree.

However, there is an indirect link in the Wiki (somewhat).

In the Destiny page itself, the Destinies have been grouped into "Spheres". This, indirectly, has a link to what the passive portion of the Past Life would yield (historically); This is clearly no longer the case necessarily going forward. But prior knowledge would indicate this, and anyone who missed out on the info about this change who returned may miss this vital piece of information.

Hence, if a player only had time to only do one Reincarnation out of several, but wanted more Absorption, but it turns out that the remaining ones are for AC, they could have elected to do a different Reincarnation instead.

So I was just thinking either a sentence added that the "Spheres" part has no bearing on the Passive Past Life portion, or removal of the "Spheres" entirely from the Wiki bit in the Destiny section to improve clarity for existing, new and returning players. Given the "Spheres" (categories they have been split into) have no direct bearing on anything anymore.

J1NG

rabidfox

The People's Champion
So I was just thinking either a sentence added that the "Spheres" part has no bearing on the Passive Past Life portion, or removal of the "Spheres" entirely from the Wiki bit in the Destiny section to improve clarity for existing, new and returning players. Given the "Spheres" (categories they have been split into) have no direct bearing on anything anymore.
Spheres have a bearing on the 4 toggles and exclusivity on which past lives can be turned on still. But sounds like your issues are just entirely with how the wiki words stuff and not anything with the game itself.

J1NG

Spheres have a bearing on the 4 toggles and exclusivity on which past lives can be turned on still. But sounds like your issues are just entirely with how the wiki words stuff and not anything with the game itself.
May I ask then, why the "Martial" Active Past Life of the Machrotechnic in the Arcane section? Given it is not exclusive to that set? Since it will toggle off the Martial Past Lives, not the Arcane ones?

J1NG

:: edit ::

Or did I miss that testing part out and it's Active is a Arcane, and it's Passive is a Martial? That would certainly throw things out of whack. :unsure:

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
As it happens, we do not know what Machrotechnic's Epic Past Life is going to be when it hits the live servers, so we haven't got that information on the wiki at all yet. When we do learn what it is, it will be added to our separate page for Epic Past Lives, which will specifically identify the feat as being in the Martial sphere. The page is here: https://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Past_Life_Feats

(The wiki types Machrotechnic as an Arcane Past Life because the NPC that grants it dwells in the Arcane Sphere area. The likely reason the feat is being typed as Martial even though the Destiny is arguably Arcane and Martial is that Arcane Past Lives already have five feats, and the other categories only four.)

Striga

As it happens, we do not know what Machrotechnic's Epic Past Life is going to be
We do know. None. Destinies don't have past lives.

In U60, devs are adding one arcane epic destiny and one martial epic past life. These two new things are completely unrelated.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
We do know. None. Destinies don't have past lives.

In U60, devs are adding one arcane epic destiny and one martial epic past life. These two new things are completely unrelated.
Either way, my above post stands. The wiki makes it clear that past lives and destinies are now separate (quoting: "Your choice is not restricted based on your class nor which Destinies you are using"), and we will add U60's feat to the correct sphere when we know what it's called and what it does.

Striga

Xezon

Ah, thank you. Since it's Lamannia information, and thus subject to change, we'll add it to the page when it goes live.
Very this.

Once things hit the live server then we can figure out where pages best fit for flow and searching. If something seems out of place for searching or linking we can evaluate from there. If more information is needed for additional clarity, that is easily added, but we don't want to add too much prematurely as reshuffling pages can cause more confusion than it corrects at times.