Make color of Player characters in mini map different than Hirelings.

Rathy

I mean the little map with the little blue dots showing where party members are on the map. Everybody is the same color and I can not see if the lagging person is a hire or some player in trouble (like lost which is normally me).

Can you please make the PC dots a different shade or color or shape (like pet paws) than the hires? And maybe make each person a different shade too, like the star is always color Green or the shape of a Star and maybe the others each have their own color or shape or even number.

Anyway, thank you for considering it!

Upvote 24

The Narc

Would be a great Quality of Life change.

Tracking other players in a group is a time sink so it does slow progression, i doubt we will see an improvement here because of this.

We get fixes on time sinks like banking but those happen outside of quest, not in quest where game whales have potions running.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
I mean the little map with the little blue dots showing where party members are on the map. Everybody is the same color and I can not see if the lagging person is a hire or some player in trouble (like lost which is normally me).

Can you please make the PC dots a different shade or color or shape (like pet paws) than the hires? And maybe make each person a different shade too, like the star is always color Green or the shape of a Star and maybe the others each have their own color or shape or even number.

Anyway, thank you for considering it!
Great idea! Here's my first crack at it:

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Light blue being players, dark blue/purple being hirelings. I figured it'd be a good idea to keep autonomous party members at a darker color so that at a glance you're looking for the lightest color in the bunch beyond yourself.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Light blue being players, dark blue/purple being hirelings. I figured it'd be a good idea to keep autonomous party members at a darker color so that at a glance you're looking for the lightest color in the bunch beyond yourself.
any chance you could do the same with NPC dots? like in grand theft aurean and quests where you protect an NPC and they have a dot (different color from both hires and players would rock!)

Belnavar

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Any chance of a shape change too -- for those who are colour blind? Maybe a square or triangle for hirelings?

-Bel

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Oh neat. Yes please. Is it even possible to make a selected player blink on the map or turn the color to yellow or something?

Cheers,
Titus

saekee

great idea

For hirelings, I would do a ‘?’ symbol instead of a dot to properly represent their reliability
I do not use pets but don’t they get a dot too or something?