Master of the Dead (feat) is working ?

lppmor

Do you guys know if the feat Master of the Dead is working ?

It is supposed to give +10 caster levels to Death Aura and Negative Energy Burst. Since Negative Burst has max caster level 10, this feat should actually DOUBLE the heal amount, which seems huge. But I heard 3 years ago the feat was not working at all at that time.

Can you guys confirm?

Smokewolf

Sorry, but I can't say that it does much, as the spells it directly supports are initially capped pretty harshly without it. Thus, that +10 isn't going to do a whole lot for you in Epics considering that Reaper healing is also capped according to the R level.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
If I remember the testing I did for this a while back, the Feat IS working. Only for the spells that it boosts, most Palemaster or Undead style characters won't get to see much benefit out of it.

Death Aura and Greater Death Aura largely got a duration boost, but of a few seconds (with Extend on) at level cap.
Chill Touch hardly anyone uses.
And only Negative Energy Burst was boosted noticeably, but as this spell is already doing very well numbers wise, the increase of it's damage output for self healing on Undead characters either made it too much (overhealing) or was barely enough anyway for the difficulty.

This meant that for an Epic Feat, you "might" get some benefit it you have Negative Energy Burst and it's reliable enough for you to use in the content you run. Most however, would find that to be too weak a trade off for a Feat that you could invest into something else for.

J1NG

Shear-buckler

It works for Negative energy burst and it is indeed huge. One of the strongest feats you can take for survivability on a PM.

droid327

Yeah it could well be called "Master of NEB" because that's all it does, but that's also enough to make it worth taking

I think the issue is DA damage doesn't scale on a formula, but on a manually-coded table, like MM. So once you get it to 10, there's nowhere else to go - there's no value coded for 12, 14, etc. Duration is formulaic, though, so that extends with caster level properly

Jummby

Do you guys know if the feat Master of the Dead is working ?

It is supposed to give +10 caster levels to Death Aura and Negative Energy Burst. Since Negative Burst has max caster level 10, this feat should actually DOUBLE the heal amount, which seems huge. But I heard 3 years ago the feat was not working at all at that time.

Can you guys confirm?
3 years isn't long in DDO time. It took only like 8 years to fix that quest in the deleras chain to open the door faster than a full minute after clearing the mobs. It also took about 5 years to fix (nerf) the ravenlot belts to cut the bonus on them.

You sure you aren't asking too much and too soon?

Also, make sure you buy the super special full priced expansion edition when it comes out.