Missing guild leaders

Dman1970

My wife and I came back to the game after not playing. It seems our guild died during out absence. All of the officers and the guild leader have been gone for enough time that a message saying the second in command could take over the guild, but they are gone as well. Is it possible I can take leadership of the guild? How would I do that? Any information would be appreciated.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Best I understand, if both Leader and their Nominated Successor have been absent for 60 days or more, any Officer can use Usurp to take control of the guild.

Usurp function is a button at the bottom of the Guild tab on the Social panel - only active if you are qualified to use it.

If there is no Officer, there is no way to Usurp. Normal Guild Members cannot take control.

So if you're an Officer, use Usurp after 60 days "neglect". If you're not, you are stuffed I'm afraid.

That's my understanding. 👍

C-Dog

JJ Esq has it right (but I thought the math/timing worked slightly differently - could be wrong, it's been a while).

Leader gone 30 days, Successor can take leadership. If Successor doesn't act for 30 additional days, then, after 60 total any Officer can take leadership (first come, first served).

If no Officers act, then there is absolutely NO way for a non-officer to take leadership. Customer Service is firm on this point, even if you ask really, really nicely (with sugar on top).

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Guild#Inactive_Leadership

There has been more than one thread asking for Guilds to be reconsidered (on this and a number of other mechanics), but no sign of activity on the Dev's side.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
While I don't have a reference, I do recall a discussion about after sufficient time anyone can take control though it was never a 'published' feature.

Or it could be my aging memory playing tricks on me again. It does that from time to time.

LunaCee

While I don't have a reference, I do recall a discussion about after sufficient time anyone can take control though it was never a 'published' feature.

Or it could be my aging memory playing tricks on me again. It does that from time to time.

Flat out not possible. I have a old favor grind alt that I logged into recently where *nobody* else had logged in for over 8 years in that guild and most had not logged in for a decade. Can't usurp since not officer.