Monster Factions?

I have noticed what look like guild? faction? gang? names under monster names in green and blue. Two of them are dragon names, Kor Kaza and Sinvala. Also green cloud surrounding them. I have screen shots, most not very good, but I cannot figure out how to load them.

vryxnr

Those are Champions. Instead of the normal champions you find on the other servers, on the hardcore server for this season they are completely new and unique to hardcore. There are 5 of them, and each one is named after a different dragon in the game. The color of the elemental sheath on them matches the elemental type they are affiliated with, and give you a very noticeable way to determine what kind of damage they'll do to you if you let them hit you, as well as what type of damage they are even more resistant to.

Kor Kaza is a blue dragon and is thus tied to lightning damage, and those champions will be wreathed in lightning.
Sinvala is a black dragon and is thus tied to acid damage, and those champions will be wreathed in green.
Velah is a red dragon and is thus tied to fire damage, and those champions will be wreathed in red flames.
Kraxxarrian is a green dragon and is thus tied to poison damage, and those champions will also be in green.
Aussircaex is a white dragon and is thus tied to cold damage, and those champions will be wreathed in blue fire.

vryxnr

They can only appear in Hard, Elite, and Reaper difficulties. Normal and casual will never see champions (only exception will be some raids). They also only appear in modified quest level 5 and up (so base level 3 quests done on elite have a modified quest level of 5 and you'll see them there, but on hard base level 3 quests have a modified level of 4 and will not have them. Base level 4 quests and higher will always have them on hard and elite and reaper).